hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1987 of 2041 FirstFirst ... 9871487188719371977198419851986198719881989199019972037 ... LastLast
Results 39,721 to 39,740 of 40817

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Came back to Florida this week.

Strongest Atlantic hurricane & worst storm since Andrew poised to hit the state this weekend.

Scenes straight out of a post-apocalypse movie at all the stores right now. I haven't seen it this bad since I was a kid.

Fuck this shitty continent and its natural disasters.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post

Strongest Atlantic hurricane & worst storm since Andrew poised to hit the state this weekend.

Scenes straight out of a post-apocalypse movie at all the stores right now. I haven't seen it this bad since I was a kid.

Look on the bright side.

You're not in Danmark!

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post

Look on the bright side.

You're not in Danmark!
    Living with Danes is almost as bad as a life-shattering hurricane, but not quite.

Also FEMA is basically out of money after Harvey and all the supplies that were in Florida were sent to help Texas.

GG NO RE MAGAGAGAGAGAGAGAGa

Nature, taking care of the climate change deniers one state at a time.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Their argument is that its unconstitutional.
    That's up to a court to decide, which these days could mean anything.
    Except for it got decided.

By Mr. Trump and Mr. Sessions.

And boy did the latter have a shit-eating grin on his face as he announced how he was stripping away legal protections from nearly one million young Americans, most of which have never known or remembered life in another nation.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Edgy but you understand the places getting truly, utterly raped are Puerto Rico, Haiti and Cuba + other islands right?

I'm not sure if it's good or bad that white house aids were saying they weren't sure if Trump knew what the full ramifications were. Is incompetence better than abject cruelty?
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

And in general... just because you legally can. Doesn't mean you should. Then again I don't think that's a lesson most R's ever learned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Trump does 360 on DACA

Last edited by Don Rumata; September 6 2017 at 12:56:36 AM.

He's creating jobs for Congressmen.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Trump does 360 on DACA

GOP Civil War Part Deux.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

And boy did the latter have a shit-eating grin on his face as he announced how he was stripping away legal protections from nearly one million young Americans, most of which have never known or remembered life in another nation.
    Guess their parents should have thought of that, eh?

Not sure why this, of all things, is the one unique thing where kids "shouldn't suffer because of their parents". Kids suffer because of their parents decisions on a regular daily basis.

Also, love the implication that having to go to another country is akin to torture, or that kids who get moved to other countries are being child abused.

The "Dreamers" will be fine in their home countries, and we don't owe them citizenship and benefits because their parents broke the law.

Like I said, if you think this is so vital, win some elections and pass some laws. I could care less if congress passes a law to let in a few tens of millions more immigrants. Most immigrants > 3rd+ Gen Americans anyway, in my experience.

What I am against is the constant "fuck laws, do what feels right to my emo lib self" as the rule of the land for some folks.

"Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"
    "...we looked very closely at the matter and concluded that unfortunately arseholes also get to benefit from democratic freedoms." Andreas Geisel, Interior Affairs Senator, Germany

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Guess their parents should have thought of that, eh?

Not sure why this, of all things, is the one unique thing where kids "shouldn't suffer because of their parents". Kids suffer because of their parents decisions on a regular daily basis.

Also, love the implication that having to go to another country is akin to torture, or that kids who get moved to other countries are being child abused.

The "Dreamers" will be fine in their home countries, and we don't owe them citizenship and benefits because their parents broke the law.

Like I said, if you think this is so vital, win some elections and pass some laws. I could care less if congress passes a law to let in a few tens of millions more immigrants. Most immigrants > 3rd+ Gen Americans anyway, in my experience.

What I am against is the constant "fuck laws, do what feels right to my emo lib self" as the rule of the land for some folks.
    Wow.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Edgy but you understand the places getting truly, utterly raped are Puerto Rico, Haiti and Cuba + other islands right?
    Just because I'm putting the E in Edgy doesnt mean I don't understand how weather works.. I'm sure me posting on the internet from work about this is making those peoples lives a million times worse and I really should stop, but its fun making peoples lives worse form the comfort of my office.

The undocumented pay more taxes then they get in benefits, because they can't apply for most benefits, so the idea that they are draining revenue is a boogeyman.

http://www.epi.org/blog/ending-daca-...bor-standards/

The vast majority of DACA recipients are employed, 87 percent, and on average DACA recipients saw their wages increase by 42 percent after receiving an EAD. Those gains—and the higher tax revenue to the federal and state and local governments that have accompanied it and benefited public coffers—are now in jeopardy.
    EDIT for direct source from Social Security:

https://www.ssa.gov/oact/NOTES/pdf_notes/note151.pdf

For the annual Trustees Reports, the President’s Budget, and other documents, OCACT projects the numbers of unauthorized immigrants residing in the United States, their earnings, and the implications of these earnings on Social Security financing. Our projections assume that unauthorized residents work at about the same rate as the rest of the population by age and sex, but earnings are less likely to be reported as taxable and even less likely to be credited for future benefit entitlement. Thus, our projections suggest that the presence of unauthorized workers in the United States has, on average, a positive effect on the financial status of the Social Security program. For the year 2010, we estimate that the excess of tax revenue paid to the Trust Funds over benefits paid from these funds based on earnings of unauthorized workers is about $12 billion.
    Last edited by Dorvil Barranis; September 6 2017 at 03:10:40 AM.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    He's creating jobs for Congressmen.
    He's draining the swamp by making all of their heads explode.

Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

Absolutely smashing
    This is actually really good. It really unpicks all the standard centre and alt- right talking points.
    "Oblivious centrists picking up alt-right talking points" should be the title of this thread imo.
    I finally managed to give it a watch and thought bringing it back up might be a good idea, it is very good and feels like a straight up reading of a fair few people in these very threads. Our 'extreme centrists' might really want to have a careful watch tbfh.

I remember running into Contra a while ago while watching Hbomberguy, another really good youtuber at tearing this bullshit apart, although more into the 'youtube rationalist/sceptic' community. Never actually watched many videos though, might have to do more now.
    So I sat down and had a watch at this video and I thou-

>"I'm not a fascist" is exactly what a fascist would say

Is this satire?
    You really, truly don't understand the tone that particular line was said in?

Fuck me.

BTW that video is exactly addressing how you sound and why you got called a "nazi" last time. To the very details. So it's beautiful that you don't get it, truly beautiful.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Trump does 360 on DACA

Straight from the Trump Playbook of Indecisive Obfuscation:

1. Flip-flop on controversial decision
    2. "Fuckin' Obama!"
    3. Put off the decision, hoping someone else will make it for him
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Omega Supreme View Post
    Out of some 800k only hundreds are qualified workers?

Not worth keeping.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack