hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1962 of 2037 FirstFirst ... 9621462186219121952195919601961196219631964196519722012 ... LastLast
Results 39,221 to 39,240 of 40723

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    Whats the story behind this?
    Whoever is putting that on twitter is vastly overstating what happened. Almost like they were trying to goad people into violence by misrepresenting what happened.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...berkeley-rally

Seem incongruous with "Police standing down" while antifa "Destroy ther campus" so I have to wonder what the twit you are quoting is trying to accomplish by lying?
    [/quote]

why the fuck can't I escape the quote box

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE
    um it's nothing to do with sheeple or some big conspiracy, it's how papers/tv pay the bills.
    really makes you think
    Something you haven't been capable of for ages at least.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Another zippy one liner from Isyel, nice contribution buddy! keep it up!
    Probably sound like a broken record at this point since so many people have pointed this out to you

But irony. It's a nice car, isn't it?
    I contribute at least 5 times as much actual content as isyel does, fucko

You do post about five times more when you can show off your amazing morality, true.

WAKE UP SHEEPLE
    um it's nothing to do with sheeple or some big conspiracy, it's how papers/tv pay the bills.
    really makes you think

Probably sound like a broken record at this point since so many people have pointed this out to you

If by content you mean rage posting and calling people names then I'd say you're about even.
    TRAPS ARE GAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WAKE UP SHEEPLE
    really makes you think

If by content you mean rage posting and calling people names then I'd say you're about even.
    When I'm right 99% of the time I'd say it's legitimate content

I see you've bailed out of the PolCor thread after everyone shat on you btw, good work

wewlad

Holy shit this guy is an actual alternative-reality fantasy propagandist, no wonder Miep follows them

This is a provably lying fake news twatter account. This is the same dude meep is quoting who says that the police pulled back from Berkeley yesterday to let Antifa destroy UCBerkeley. I plain lie. Obviously, you should take anything else this account says with about the same weight you give stuff Trump says.
    meh

This is a provably lying fake news twatter account. This is the same dude meep is quoting who says that the police pulled back from Berkeley yesterday to let Antifa destroy UCBerkeley. I plain lie. Obviously, you should take anything else this account says with about the same weight you give stuff Trump says.
    Hence why I'm linking it nerd

Whoever is putting that on twitter is vastly overstating what happened. Almost like they were trying to goad people into violence by misrepresenting what happened.
    WaPo: "Black-clad antifa attack peaceful right wing demonstrators in Berkeley"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...s-in-berkeley/

gg Antifa. Now left is just as responsible for the violence as the right.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post

I feel like we need to send some of our cops over and teach the US police proper riot tactics.

Rule number one: NEVER EVER LET TWO OPPOSING SIDES MEET.

Jesus H. Christ, giving the Antifa/blac bloc a way to get into contact with whoever their protesting against is an invitation to disaster. In fact here the considered safe distance between two opposing demonstrations is way above 100m so not even the best can throw a rock at the other side.

Rule number two: no shields, helmets, armor or weapons of any kind.

I mean, this should be obvious, you are protesting peacefully and are within your rights since it's a democratic country. So why are you bringing these things? If your protest is lawful, why does one feel the need for such things? I mean the argument will be: the police is incapable of protecting us from the other side. I'd argue that still doesn't give you the right to show up armed to the teeth.

We also have anti-mask laws here but I'm not sure how useful they are seeing how they are ignored pretty much every time it gets ugly.
    nevar forget

Say it isn't so!

I thought "our" stick wielding violence condoning masked mob was made up of good guys who would never assault someone we didn't all agree was deserving of assault!

There's only one solution. We must all agree that whoever they attacked deserved it. Anything else would be to admit wrongdoing.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

This wouldnt have happened if both sides had guns

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post

Say it isn't so!

I thought "our" stick wielding violence condoning masked mob was made up of good guys who would never assault someone we didn't all agree was deserving of assault!

There's only one solution. We must all agree that whoever they attacked deserved it. Anything else would be to admit wrongdoing.
    Yes, that's what everyone kept saying here, indeed. Absolutely.

okay, yardsale barbie
    Last edited by Sparq; August 28 2017 at 02:04:26 PM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    quantity != quality

yes, clearly

i mean it's not like the Nazi's at Charlottesville fired guns into the fucking crowd or anything. nope, never happened.

armed with sticks and shields, and clad in shin pads and gloves largely routed the security checks and by 1:30 p.m. police reportedly left the security line at the Center Street and Milvaia Street entrance to the park. Berkeley police chief Andrew Greenwood told the AP the decision was strategic a confrontation was sure to spark more violence between the protesters and police.
    amazing scenes, simply amazing.

maybe if the police was a bit less shit, people would not have radicalized to this extend in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    I feel like we need to send some of our cops over and teach the US police proper riot tactics.

Rule number one: NEVER EVER LET TWO OPPOSING SIDES MEET.

Jesus H. Christ, giving the Antifa/blac bloc a way to get into contact with whoever their protesting against is an invitation to disaster. In fact here the considered safe distance between two opposing demonstrations is way above 100m so not even the best can throw a rock at the other side.

Rule number two: no shields, helmets, armor or weapons of any kind.

I mean, this should be obvious, you are protesting peacefully and are within your rights since it's a democratic country. So why are you bringing these things? If your protest is lawful, why does one feel the need for such things? I mean the argument will be: the police is incapable of protecting us from the other side. I'd argue that still doesn't give you the right to show up armed to the teeth.

We also have anti-mask laws here but I'm not sure how useful they are seeing how they are ignored pretty much every time it gets ugly.
    i half expect them to roll out those surplus APCs and use machineguns for crowd control at this rate, the level of incompetence on display, every single fucking time, is quite frankly shocking.
    Last edited by Liare; August 28 2017 at 02:05:21 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post

Say it isn't so!

Yes, that's what everyone kept saying here, indeed. Absolutely.
    Do tell.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post

yes, clearly

i mean it's not like the Nazi's at Charlottesville fired guns into the fucking crowd or anything. nope, never happened.

armed with sticks and shields, and clad in shin pads and gloves — largely routed the security checks and by 1:30 p.m. police reportedly left the security line at the Center Street and Milvaia Street entrance to the park. Berkeley police chief Andrew Greenwood told the AP the decision was strategic — a confrontation was sure to spark more violence between the protesters and police.
    amazing scenes, simply amazing.

maybe if the police was a bit less shit, people would not have radicalized to this extend in the first place.
    Wait so they just let them through? Because they dint want a confrontation? The fuck?

Also i love how people going "but not everyone in that group in charlottesville was a nazi!" are now happily painting all the left as antifa.
    I will be happy to address this idiotic point if you would first tell me more about how nobody here condones antifa violence.

Wait so they just let them through? Because they dint want a confrontation? The fuck?
    oh no, it's even better.
    the police basically got routed because they are terrible at handling belligerent crowds.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    i half expect them to roll out those surplus APCs and use machineguns for crowd control at this rate, the level of incompetence on display, every single fucking time, is quite frankly shocking.
    What's that you say?

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/08/27/u...e.html?mcubz=1

The Trump administration plans to reinstate in full a program that provides local police departments with military surplus equipment such as large-caliber weapons and grenade launchers, according to a document obtained by The New York Times.
    meh