hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1920 of 2099 FirstFirst ... 92014201820187019101917191819191920192119221923193019702020 ... LastLast
Results 38,381 to 38,400 of 41961

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Liberal application of nuclear weapons to anywhere that regularly exceeds 25C
    Hey hey hey now..... Where am I going to live in my old age when you have nuked all the warm places....
    Somewhere nice and cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Steph View Post
    Only the worker who understands his place in society can be truly loyal to the party.
    Remember when you made good posts?
    No. Must be a Nazi thing.
    Well you were definitely a better poster before you became a nazi.
    Yes the lofty esteem in which I am held had always been readily apparent. But then I threw it all away when I dared to suggest that people shouldn't be executed for their politics. If only I'd heeded the lesson of Icarus.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

Smuggo
    Only the worker who understands his place in society can be truly loyal to the party.
    Yes the lofty esteem in which I am held had always been readily apparent. But then I threw it all away when I dared to suggest that people shouldn't be executed for their politics.
    Have you tried not being a nazi?

Yes the lofty esteem in which I am held had always been readily apparent. But then I threw it all away when I dared to suggest that people shouldn't be executed for their politics.
    Have you tried not being a nazi?
    Yes. Yes I have.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    As I lay here in front of a temple drinking, enjoying a midnight at 30C... obviously watching Trump's speech...

The way he reiterates what he said about the Charlottesville thing it is obvious that he understands that people are in one movie theater with a single screen yet seeing two separate movies.

He perfectly cut out those parts that didn't flow with the movie his supporters are watching.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Yes the lofty esteem in which I am held had always been readily apparent. But then I threw it all away when I dared to suggest that people shouldn't be executed for their politics. If only I'd heeded the lesson of Icarus.
    Ethics in games journalism is a dogwhistle for genocide

If only I'd heeded the lesson of Icarus.
      Spoiler:

?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    As I lay here in front of a temple drinking, enjoying a midnight at 30C... obviously watching Trump's speech...

The way he reiterates what he said about the Charlottesville thing it is obvious that he understands that people are in one movie theater with a single screen yet seeing two separate movies.

He perfectly cut out those parts that didn't flow with the movie his supporters are watching.
    Mein Kampf was a book not a movie mate

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Banning people from voting is dumb as shit.
    So is letting everyone vote without having a clue.

That's one of the many problems that led to the famous Churchill quote about democracy.
    Ultimately it is incumbent on the voter to have a clue, but the best policy approach to that is making sure everyone gets a good education and has good access to information. Banning people from voting is the antithesis of democracy.
    I agree with both of it. And yet we currently see voters in democracies voting out democracy, i.e. Egypt, Turkey.

If banning people from voting is the antithesis of democracy, what is voters democratically downvoting (their own) democracy called then? Is there even a word for such an insanity?

I actually have no ideahow to solve this dilemma. And each solution brought forward so far, such as Lana's borrowed from Starship Trooper's "Earn the right to vote", has its pitfalls.
    You basically need a constitutional setup that prevents such a policy from ever being implemented. Egypt has never really been a democracy so that is understandable, as for Turkey, I get the impression Erdogan has been fiddling elections for quite some time, but like Trump he has essentially tried to appeal to traditional and religious values as being more important than having a free and democratic society.
    From all that I gathered - and Erdogan and Turkey get a lot of coverage here in Germany, Erdogan hasn't tampered elections in any outcome-deciding way. From what I can tell, there is a very small majority supporting Erdogan's overall plan.

Incidentally I've watched a documentary (German) yesterday evening that dealt with the current state of democracy and how to evolve it. One of the suggestions made in it was to have a look at the initial Greek implementation, where citizen were randomly drawn into power. The idea proposed was to implement "citizen councils" (in a lack of a better term) on a small scale (city, community) alongside the regular city or community council. Two chambers that decide on the matters at hand.

Interestingly there's already a city (forgot the name, though), which randomly draws citizens and invites them to open talks with the city council. And that seems to work surprisingly well. Although the talks are formally non-binding, the idea behind the random draws is to ensure that politicians get to hear the "real shit", not (only) what the current lot of lobbyists tells them is real. And "normal" citizens get direct access to their representatives.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Mein Kampf was a book not a movie mate
    I have Mein Kampf on my kindle, read to read.

However reading the book after seeing the movie is always a disappointment, so dunno.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So your incarcerated for a petty crime and lose your right to vote?

I just don't get it.

The only way to lose it here is if you're in for treason and election fraud. And even then it's not for life. To lose it for life the supreme court has to make that decision and that never happened.
    I then google German sufferage.

Excluded from suffrage are Germans,
    who have been deprived of active suffrage by a court in connection with a conviction because of delicts within the fields of treason, compromise of the democratic constitutional state, threat to the external national security, criminal offence against constitutional bodies, as well as criminal offence at elections and ballots, as well as indictable offences against the national defence. ( 13 Nr. 1 BWahlG, 92a, 101, 108c, 109i, 45 Abs. 5 StGB)
    for whom had been ordered a custodian with contained field of activity through interlocutory injunction ( 13 Nr. 2 BWahlG)
    who find themselves in an asylum according to 63, 20 StGB after having committed an illegal action being criminally incapable because of an order from the criminal court

The sound of a very butthurt CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politi...ona/index.html

As horrible as Trump is, it's been an absolute laugh watching him make CNN get so deeply bent out of shape.

Of course CNN is just FOX with a blue wrapper instead of a red wrapper, so yeah, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    The sound of a very butthurt CNN.

http://www.cnn.com/2017/08/23/politi...ona/index.html

As horrible as Trump is, it's been an absolute laugh watching him make CNN get so deeply bent out of shape.

Of course CNN is just FOX with a blue wrapper instead of a red wrapper, so yeah, lol.
    p. much. I've been watching Fox, p much exclusively for news (I've never bothered with opinion) since Trump (and especially since O'Reilly and co were booted) was elected, just to make sure of getting a "balanced" view.

I think both are pretty shrill and tbh, both of them have been fairly Anti-Trump. I would say in all honesty, that only about 30% of the shows on Fox have a pro Trump slant, and even then, they soften that opinion with smart Black woman who call out, and discuss that, with the older, white host how brings up the far right viewpoint.

TBH, its really only Lou Dobbs alone who is, I guess, what our perception of Fox and the Bush admin were. Like a mouthpiece for Trump.
    meh

erich I hope you're not saying that both sides are the same!?

Trump has been quite good for CNN ratings, so I would assume they don't mind him at that level at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So your incarcerated for a petty crime and lose your right to vote?

I just don't get it.

The only way to lose it here is if you're in for treason and election fraud. And even then it's not for life. To lose it for life the supreme court has to make that decision and that never happened.
    I then google German sufferage.

Excluded from suffrage are Germans,
    who have been deprived of active suffrage by a court in connection with a conviction because of delicts within the fields of treason, compromise of the democratic constitutional state, threat to the external national security, criminal offence against constitutional bodies, as well as criminal offence at elections and ballots, as well as indictable offences against the national defence. ( 13 Nr. 1 BWahlG, 92a, 101, 108c, 109i, 45 Abs. 5 StGB)
    for whom had been ordered a custodian with contained field of activity through interlocutory injunction ( 13 Nr. 2 BWahlG)
    who find themselves in an asylum according to 63, 20 StGB after having committed an illegal action being criminally incapable because of an order from the criminal court
    Mate.

Read what you posted, check my earlier posts on this. I didn't quote the law but already mentioned that people in for treason and tampering with elections are barred from voting for up to five years. Any longer and it needs the supreme court.

I didn't mention people with an assigned custodian because most if not all countries bar people with cognitive disabilities (i.e. people with mental development not more than a child) from voting.

And please show me where this is similar to some US states barring people from voting because they had been convicted and served time for a in comparison minor offense.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

No retard. I'm saying Nazis should be put in gas chambers.
    meh

Your directionless posting is honestly worse than Raks'. Are you having a psychotic break or something?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    No retard. I'm saying Nazis should be put in gas chambers.
    both sides are the same

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

both sides are the same
    Debit cards are the same.