hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2086 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 1086158619862036207620832084208520862087208820892096 ... LastLast
Results 41,701 to 41,720 of 41960

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Wait... Are you seriously backing me up with my assertion that America is still one of the most racist countries in the world?
    I didn't realize you'd made such an assertion.

And I can't really say how we compare on a global scale. I'm sure there are other countries that are racist as fuck too.

But we sure as hell haven't gotten over it, and Coates draws some pretty clear parallels between the racist backlash against black politicians during the Reconstruction era and the racist backlash against Obama today.

I would highly recommend his new book to anyone who's interested.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Racism is like a cancer. Very hard to deal with and of you ignore it it will rapidly spread..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Bad news day for Roy Moore.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post

?
    Several women have claimed that Roy Moore attempted to initiate sexual contact with them when they were under 18 years old, the youngest being 14 at the time that Moore kissed, groped and started undressing her. Moore was in his thirties at the time, which was ~35 years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Nax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post

?
    Several women have claimed that Roy Moore attempted to initiate sexual contact with them when they were under 18 years old, the youngest being 14 at the time that Moore kissed, groped and started undressing her. Moore was in his thirties at the time, which was ~35 years ago.
    Trump/Moore 2020!

oh wow

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    oh wow
    The GOP leadership thought they could certainly denounce behavior this awful.

Maddow ripped him (and the Alabama political establishment) a new one if you have access to MSNBC.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Please mate, keep up

Please mate, keep up
    People dont click your links... (Although I did, so by that logic im not people)

So... Where do we go from here? Kiddy fiddling is fine if you are part of the political elite? I was going to say 'elite' but there are a bunch of hollywood stars that would like to think they are in that basket and its not been ok for them..
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

full blown idiocracy

can't you just brush baseless accusations off in murica?

Here's one way they're gonna react: https://www.mediamatters.org/video/2...he-said/218503

So far we've got:

- Morally Reprehensible
    - Morally Reprehensible "IF TRUE" (how you gonna prove it!?)
    - It was consensual so it doesn't matter
    - Mary was a teenager and Joseph was a man
    - "Who Cares!?"

The party of Family Values everybody.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    full blown idiocracy

can't you just brush baseless accusations off in murica?
    Typically when they're baseless (or if you're not an idiot) you deny them.

Roy Moore hasn't made a single public statement about it, but word is he called up Breitbart to push the liberal conspiracy angle. Believe that if you want but they published in a flurry ahead of the WaPo articles dropping.

http://thehill.com/homenews/359695-m...ding-roy-moore

Their 'family values' has always been astonishing. I honestly wonder, if they merely dropped that crock of shit, if they would see a net increase in votes, or if they'd lose enough bible thumpers for it to hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Their 'family values' has always been astonishing. I honestly wonder, if they merely dropped that crock of shit, if they would see a net increase in votes, or if they'd lose enough bible thumpers for it to hurt.
    I mean, this is as traditional family scenes as it goes, surely. It goes back millenia!

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Please mate, keep up
    People dont click your links... (Although I did, so by that logic im not people)

So... Where do we go from here? Kiddy fiddling is fine if you are part of the political elite? I was going to say 'elite' but there are a bunch of hollywood stars that would like to think they are in that basket and its not been ok for them..
    Conservatives from Alabama like to fuck kids. Their brains havenít fully developed yet so they canít see through the complete fiction these people believe is a real philosophy and not the evil, anti-american bullshit it is.

Iím surprised it wasnít his daughter or something.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; November 10 2017 at 07:22:16 AM.

Please mate, keep up

we're not going anywhere because we never started from the basis that shit like that is not okay if you're part of the elite. that assorted Hollywood "personalities" is currently getting crucified for this sort of behaviour is a anomaly that will eventually fade into the background and things will go back to business as usual.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Steckersaurus View Post

Hopefully it actually matters, but (R) in fucking Alabama... I'm not getting my hopes up. He's already saying it's all lies made up by the media even though the woman is a republican who voted for Trump.

This is a really good, really uncomfortable read. Coates doesn't pussyfoot around racial issues. He does a really good job of breaking down the 'economic anxiety' angle, especially pointing out that it really wasn't 'working class' voters who put trump in office; it was whites.

But we as a nation would rather grapple with economic issues than racial ones, so that's the narrative that's been put forward, even by the 'liberal' media.
    It is really good and it is really uncomfortable. He completely and meticulously demolishes the "Trump was elected by the working class" carnard. Trump ran on being a racist, was elected because he is a racist and continues to be supported because of racism. I'm not saying that's the whole story, but that's the basic plot. All the other stuff is "and I guess maybe [x]?" subfactors.

Oh and in all probability, he'll escape punishment for betraying his country because of racism as well. That part is going to be fun to watch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!