hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2088 of 2097 FirstFirst ... 108815881988203820782085208620872088208920902091 ... LastLast
Results 41,741 to 41,760 of 41936

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    I've watched some recent interviews with Bush. He's like a different man. A lot of dry wit and sarcasm for someone who is supposed to have iq of a chimpanzee. He's also extremly polite. I'm starting to like him.
    After months of watching Trump, Bush now looks like a paragon of virtue and snappy thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    I've watched some recent interviews with Bush. He's like a different man. A lot of dry wit and sarcasm for someone who is supposed to have iq of a chimpanzee. He's also extremly polite. I'm starting to like him.
    After months of watching Trump, Bush now looks like a paragon of virtue and snappy thinking.
    Another fun thing to do: watch Trump interviews from 90s and compare his speech patterns. If that isn't dementia I don't know what is.

Another fun thing to do: watch Trump interviews from 90s and compare his speech patterns. If that isn't dementia I don't know what is.
    Someone just mentioned that modern Bush seems like a much more intelligent person than President Bush. Supposedly, there are also pre-President Bush interviews of his where his vocabulary and general demeanor are quite sophisticated. That suggests he deliberately played dumb in order to further his "honest Joe" persona and appeal to the GOP core demographic.

Which is all kinds of sad but also means he knew perfectly what he was doing and should be tried for war crimes, along with most of his cabinet.

I've just learned that Al Gore is still upset because he lost against Bush.
    Now he's gonna try to impeach Donald

What a tool
    Last edited by Smarnca; November 10 2017 at 12:11:17 PM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Miriam Sasko View Post
    Someone just mentioned that modern Bush seems like a much more intelligent person than President Bush. Supposedly, there are also pre-President Bush interviews of his where his vocabulary and general demeanor are quite sophisticated. That suggests he deliberately played dumb in order to further his "honest Joe" persona and appeal to the GOP core demographic.

Which is all kinds of sad but also means he knew perfectly what he was doing and should be tried for war crimes, along with most of his cabinet.
    Only the defeated get tried for war crimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post

What a tool
    i only know al gore exists because of south park

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.

What a tool
    I just learnt that Smarnca ()

What a tool

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post

What a tool
    i only know al gore exists because of south park
    but muh hockeystick curve!

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Watch this:

http://www.cc.com/video-clips/3e83yu...t-bush-v--bush
    (doesn't work in Germany though)

Same thing from Youtube with shitty quality, stupid captions at the beginning etc. but embeddable:

nevar forget

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ou_118125.html

An article about this...

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...t-kremlin-says
    The president disparaged officials who worked for Barack Obama, saying former CIA chief John Brennan, ex-director of national intelligence James Clapper and James Comey, the FBI director he fired in May, were “political hacks”.

“I mean, give me a break,” Trump said. “So you look at it, I mean, you have Brennan, you have Clapper and you have Comey. Comey is proven now to be a liar and he is proven now to be a leaker.”

Despite his qualifying remarks on Sunday, he suggested he put more faith in Putin’s word.

“Every time he sees me he says ‘I didn’t do that’ and I really believe that when he tells me that,” Trump said on Saturday. “He really seems to be insulted by it and he says he didn’t do it. He is very, very strong in the fact that he didn’t do it. You have President Putin very strongly, vehemently says he has nothing to do with that.”

The president described the investigation led by Mueller, a former FBI director appointed by Trump’s own justice department, as “Democrat-inspired” and a “hit job”.

Trump also claimed the investigation was preventing a normalisation of relations with Putin and therefore could cost countless lives around the world. He suggested Russia was not helping more to persuade Pyongyang to disarm “because of the lack of the relationship that we have with Russia, because of this artificial thing that’s happening with this Democratic-inspired thing”.

“I think [Putin] is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country. Because again, if we had a relationship with Russia, North Korea which is our single biggest problem right now, it would help a lot,” he said.

“You know you are talking about millions and millions of lives,” Trump said.

“When we can save many, many, many lives by making a deal with Russia having to do with Syria, and then ultimately getting Syria solved, and getting Ukraine solved, and doing other things, having a good relationship with Russia is a great, great thing. And this artificial Democratic hit job gets in the way. It gets in the way. And that’s a shame. Because people will die because of it, and it’s a pure hit job, and it’s artificially induced and that’s shame.”

John McCain, the Republican chairman of the Senate armed services committee responded angrily. Accusing the president of “taking the word of a KGB colonel over that of the American intelligence community”, the Arizonan added: “Vladimir Putin does not have America’s interests at heart.

“To believe otherwise is not only naive but also places our national security at risk.”

http://www.startribune.com/questions...sia/456970953/

Putin manipulating Trump with flattery, ex-director suggests

MANILA, Philippines — A day after being criticized by President Donald Trump, a former CIA director questioned whether Russian President Vladimir Putin was manipulating Trump with flattery during the president's lengthy trip to Asia.

Trump's trip was meant to be centered on trade and North Korea, and on Monday, he will talk with Philippine President Rodrigo Duterte, who has overseen a bloody drug war that has featured extrajudicial killings. But Trump remains dogged by things he has said, and not said, about Russia.

He tried to have it both ways Sunday on the issue of Russian interference in last year's presidential race, saying he believes both the U.S. intelligence agencies when they say Russia meddled and Putin's sincerity in claiming that his country did not.

"I believe that he feels that he and Russia did not meddle in the election," Trump said in Hanoi, Vietnam.

"As to whether I believe it, I'm with our agencies," Trump said. "As currently led by fine people, I believe very much in our intelligence agencies."

But just a day earlier, he had lashed out at the former heads of the U.S. intelligence agencies, dismissing them as "political hacks" and claiming there were plenty of reasons to be suspicious of their findings that Russia meddled to help Trump defeat Democrat Hillary Clinton.

Former CIA director John Brennan, appearing Sunday on CNN's "State of the Union" with former national intelligence director James Clapper, said Trump was deriding them in an attempt to "delegitimize" the intelligence community's assessment.

"I think Mr. Putin is very clever in terms of playing to Mr. Trump's interest in being flattered. And also I think Mr. Trump is, for whatever reason, either intimidated by Mr. Putin, afraid of what he could do or what might come out as a result of these investigations," Brennan said.

Clapper called the threat from Russia "manifest and obvious."

"To try to paint it in any other way is, I think, astounding and, in fact, poses a peril to this country," he said on CNN.

Brennan said Trump's ambiguity on Russia's involvement was "very, very worrisome from a national security standpoint."

"I think he's giving Putin a pass and I think it demonstrates to Putin that Donald Trump can be played by foreign leaders who are going to appeal to his ego and play upon his securities," Brennan said.

Questions about whether Trump believes the assessment about Russian election-meddling have trailed him since January, when he said for the first time, shortly before taking office, that he accepted that Russia was behind the election-year hacking of Democrats that roiled the White House race.

A special counsel's examination of potential collusion between Moscow and Trump campaign aides so far has led to indictments against Trump's former campaign chairman and another top aide for crimes unrelated to the campaign, and a guilty plea from a Trump foreign policy adviser for lying to the FBI.

Multiple congressional committees are also investigating.

Trump told reporters traveling with him to Hanoi on Saturday that Putin had again vehemently denied the allegations. The two spoke during an economic conference in Danang, Vietnam. Trump danced around questions about whether he believed Putin but stressed Putin's denials.

"Every time he sees me, he says: 'I didn't do that.' And I believe — I really believe — that when he tells me that, he means it," Trump said, arguing that it makes no sense for him to belabor the issue when Russia could help the U.S. on North Korea, Syria and other issues.

In Hanoi on Sunday, Trump also pointed to sanctions the U.S. has imposed on Russia as punishment for election meddling. "They were sanctioned at a very high level, and that took place very recently," he said. "It's now time to get back to healing a world that is shattered and broken."

Trump was originally slated to depart Manila for Washington on Monday. He added a day to the schedule amid criticism that he would have missed the final summit.

In addition to meeting with Duterte, Trump is expected to attend the Association for Southeast Asian Nations conference on Monday to urge allies to pressure North Korea to give up its nuclear weapons program. And he is expected, in meetings with other leaders, to push his agenda for bilateral, rather than multinational, trade agreements.
    Last edited by Nordstern; November 12 2017 at 10:07:58 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Never thought I'd experience the day when a sitting US president places his faith in a KGB colonel rather than the US intelligence services.

I would've loved to hear the criticism levied against Obama from the right if he would have said something even remotely in that vein.
    Real men pvp in barges.

Quote Originally Posted by Amantus View Post
    good to see that Fortior seems like a decent bloke and isn't a gay fat faggot nerd despite his pony avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fortior View Post
    Never thought I'd experience the day when a sitting US president places his faith in a KGB colonel rather than the US intelligence services.

I would've loved to hear the criticism levied against Obama from the right if he would have said something even remotely in that vein.
    Bush Jr had a similar moment, but nothing, nothing this ridiculous. This had gotten absurd. From 2001:

“I looked the man in the eye. I found him to be very straightforward and trustworthy,” Bush said in remarks he later regretted. “. . . I was able to get a sense of his soul.”
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

So you're saying dumb people shouldn't be tried for war crimes, but smart people should. Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

He's back to riding the middle lane already like he always does

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/Pr...97fc6461f7d132
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    He's back to riding the middle lane already like he always does

http://www.apnewsarchive.com/2017/Pr...97fc6461f7d132
    I'm surprised that there's any conflict on this...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post

“I think [Putin] is very insulted by it, which is not a good thing for our country.

America's best and bravest being wonderful to each other.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/green-...-he-was-killed

Green beret finds out SEALs are stealing money and they murder him for it.

Psychotic thugs being psychotic thugs? Why i never.