hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2081 of 2097 FirstFirst ... 1081158119812031207120782079208020812082208320842091 ... LastLast
Results 41,601 to 41,620 of 41936

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by The Contemporary Poster View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Hustlin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    twirling your hands in the air instead of clapping to prevent emotionally scarring someone
    wat
    Somewhere in the leftist database of stupid ideas of bullshit is that clapping (making loud noises) can trigger someone.

edit: So therefore clapping should be dissuaded and frowned upon.

https://www.washingtontimes.com/news...ggers-anxiety/
    Yeah, no, that's dumb.
    This happened at the Washington state Democratic Convention last year. TBH I thought it was a bit silly, but it really made the experience of spending 12 hours in a convention hall full of people making brief speeches a *lot* less fatiguing.
    is this an actual thing? fucking hell
    yep. Its pretty crazy; but I used to think all these things you see about snowflake college students was just jokes blown out of proportions; then I went to my girlfriends literally super-hippie college for a week, and no its actually true. They have separate lunches because there were enough vegans were freaking out about people eating meat in the same room as them. There was also some melt down between the kids taking the Forestry course and the tree huggers. Amazing, and smelly, scenes

On the bright side they will at least be crippled with debt for the rest of their lives paying off their tuition for illustrious degrees in highly desirable fields like Adventure Tourism and Sustainable Art.
    >being surprised at dramatic bullshit from uni students

I swear all the alt-righters screeching about SJWs either didn't finish their education or are strawmanning hard for attention
    Students weren't afraid of clapping or invited speakers when I was at university.
    Dear are scared of loud noises.. Dear are tasty. Modern students are therefore tasty.
    Deery me

Just have unisex bathrooms. Only if you have half the sinks with mirrors and half without though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Doesn't change the fact that trans bathrooms are ABSOLUTELY FUCKING RETARDED.

you realise the whole point was women with biological male equipment had to use the mens room and visa versa right ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    you realise the whole point was women with biological male equipment had to use the mens room and visa versa right ?
    That'll be because they're men and vice versa.

right, i forgot you're transphobic, sorry about that.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Following the logic that bathrooms should be allocated based on mechanics of usage we should split between urinal only and regular toilets and not gender.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Yes yes, you are an epic troll, good work

Banned
    Not phobic I just think it's a mental illness.

right, so either massively transphobic or somebody who's been drinking too much right-wing kool-aid.

you realise, of course, that gender dysphoria has not been classified as a "mental illness" for almost 20 years right ? that is not to say it is not a real phenomena, it definitely is, and not some delusion to medicate away, like you seem to imply.
    Viking, n.:

right, so either massively transphobic or somebody who's been drinking too much right-wing kool-aid.

you realise, of course, that gender dysphoria has not been classified as a "mental illness" for almost 20 years right ? that is not to say it is not a real phenomena, it definitely is, and not some delusion to medicate away, like you seem to imply.
    It seems to me that people who don't know transgender people or don't have a fairly high level of empathy can't really deal with this issue

Smuggo just isn't prepared for it and is being appropriately ignored by those who are

All is well

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Does Smuggo also think homosexuality is a mental illness, and if not, why not?

Banned

I don't see what relevance it's classification has. Medical opinion can and does change and is sometimes politicised. These people should get help not have their fantasy indulged. Because regardless they can't actually become a different sex to what they were born as, they're still a man who has just made themselves look like a woman.

And a phobia implies an irrational fear, whereas worrying about what happens when people try to assert that men can become women at will is perfectly rational.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    No because being attracted to people of the same sex is hugely different from believing you can change your sex.

No because being attracted to people of the same sex is hugely different from believing you can change your sex.
    It's more of a belief that you were born with wrong one. Fun fact: other disassociative mental disorders are on all time high and rising rapidly.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    It's more of a belief that you were born with wrong one. Fun fact: other disassociative mental disorders are on all time high and rising rapidly.
    Probably better to come to terms with it than have your body mutilated and pretend to be something you're not.

Bam! Right on point

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    oh my fucking god can you not feed the troll on his pet topic in the US politics thread

Reopen the "Smuggo hates transpeople" thread again if you want

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Probably better to come to terms with it than have your body mutilated and pretend to be something you're not.
    Paging Mrenda to provide rebuttal...
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...