hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1464 of 1621 FirstFirst ... 4649641364141414541461146214631464146514661467147415141564 ... LastLast
Results 29,261 to 29,280 of 32410

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quick googleyz reveals he is a hardline Republican. I never knew.

Rickman, Shaloub, and Rockwell made Galaxy Quest gud.

Yeah, I've just never found him particularly funny. I didn't know (or care) that he was republican. Then he said that. Now I find him laughable. What a has-been attention seeking idiot.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    LMFAO. This is the first time Tim Allen has ever been funny. What an ignorant tool.
    Quite right, there is absolutely no political bias or pressures in Hollywood. What a joke that guy is! Galaxy Quest, still good tho.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    LMFAO. This is the first time Tim Allen has ever been funny. What an ignorant tool.
    Quite right, there is absolutely no political bias or pressures in Hollywood. What a joke that guy is! Galaxy Quest, still good tho.
    Its certainly not 30's Germany. Now he just looks like the ignorant pig knuckle he is.
    meh

Meanwhile.
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ia-ties-236249
    FBI Director James Comey confirmed to the House Intelligence Committee on Monday that the FBI is investigating Russia’s meddling in the presidential election, including possible links between the Trump campaign and Moscow.

Comey described it as a “counterintelligence investigation” but said it will “also include an assessment of whether any crimes were committed.” He noted that the FBI usually does not comment on active counterintelligence investigations but said he was authorized to do so in this case because of the extraordinary public interest.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/IOHaRw1.jpg[img]LMFAO. This is the first time Tim Allen has ever been funny. What an ignorant tool.
    If only it was 30's germany then we could rid of people like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    [img]http://i.imgur.com/IOHaRw1.jpg[img]LMFAO. This is the first time Tim Allen has ever been funny. What an ignorant tool.
    WEW
    E
    W

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

I'd be interested to know what a German university's procedure for that is
    Externally acquire your high-school diploma at one of the many institutions which offer you this service, done. You're now qualified to attend, or, in the cases (medicine et. al.) a numerus clausus exists, to apply.

Austria even offers its own "Qualification to study" exam, which costs next to nothing and has basically no criteria except: 1) Be of age 2) Register 3) Pay a really miniscule fee 4) Appear at the day of the exam. (Courses are available, held by the university, but optional.)
    i want that :/

i am doing the Danish equivalent of that to get a Bsc. Eng. but having only the a basic schooling and a vocational education i gotta do the gymnasium pensum required to enter, and that's fair enough, but it's mandatory attendance to class, no more than 5% absence and no ability to skip straight to exams, so i get the jolly old fun of getting a fairly basic English class while having worked for multinational English speaking corporations for the majority of my career.

we did a previous exam-set at the start of all the classes and i handed in a just-barely-scraping-by math test, a flawless English test and a actually-pretty-good-danish test (literature analyses, yuck) but fluked on chemistry, physics starts up next semester but it doesn't fucking matter, i dont get to skip the English classes regardless of demonstrable experience, with 4x45 minute modules twice a week it's terrifyingly boring to say the least and i spend most of the time doing "homework" for other classes working on my punctuation that is, admittingly pretty bad and playing hearthstone.

it's also a "youth education" so at 32 i am literately the oldest person there and it kinda shows, i get that changing-gears midway trough life like i'm doing is uncommon but this entire thing is aimed at younger people who did a vocational education and decided they wanted more rather than what i am doing.
    Last edited by Liare; March 20 2017 at 04:59:20 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

Externally acquire your high-school diploma at one of the many institutions which offer you this service, done. You're now qualified to attend, or, in the cases (medicine et. al.) a numerus clausus exists, to apply.

Austria even offers its own "Qualification to study" exam, which costs next to nothing and has basically no criteria except: 1) Be of age 2) Register 3) Pay a really miniscule fee 4) Appear at the day of the exam. (Courses are available, held by the university, but optional.)
    At universities of applied sciences (Fachhoschschulen) if you have relevant experience and have a master title (old school master of a trade, not the MA uni degree) you can do their BA and MA programs without any other qualifications.
    nevar forget

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

At universities of applied sciences (Fachhoschschulen) if you have relevant experience and have a master title (old school master of a trade, not the MA uni degree) you can do their BA and MA programs without any other qualifications.
    Do all trades have a master title? How long foes it take to get one?

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post

Do all trades have a master title? How long foes it take to get one?
    Apprenticeship is three years after which you get a Gesellenbrief, the journeyman qualification. After that you need to work in your field for three or more years. Then you can take the Meisterkurse, further training in your field and related fields like business and law and after those (they take one or two years) you take the Meisterprüfung. Tha takes 5 to 7 days and often requires a Meisterstück, a masterpiece. Within the European Qualifications Reference framework, that's level 6 out of 8 and equivalent to a B.Eng. or B.Sc.

It exists for every field that you can do vocational training in, which is basically every field except those that require actual studies at a uni.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meister
    nevar forget

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor

Kinda like how it is like '30s Germany in this thread.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor

- No wiretaps directed at Trump by the prior administration... yet says nothing about electronic surveillance.

- Long and winded explanation of how FISA court orders work, no individual can ask for one so Obama couldn't... and completely avoids the question about if there was any FISA requests.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...th-big-cities/

Denver so bad. High incomes. Healthy population. Educated workforce. Clean Air.

A model of diversity strangling a potentially great AMERICAN city!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

These bitches need some brunch and craft beer in their life. That'll shut them right the hell up.

Its certainly not 30's Germany. Now he just looks like the ignorant pig knuckle he is.
    Quite right. The only 1930's Germany today is the Trump Administration and their Fascism-in-Action. Damn Nazis.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    I agree, the best way to show folks how Anti-Nazi you are is to say something only a Nazi would say. Be sure to let me know how your efforts to find the Final Solution to the Alistair Problem goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

don't forget the snow which is basically communism

Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Quick googleyz reveals he is a hardline Republican. I never knew.

Rickman, Shaloub, and Rockwell made Galaxy Quest gud.
    I recently discovered this when I started watching Home Improvement V2 (also known as Last Man Standing. It's basically a clone of Home Improvement, but he's now old and plays a republican gun nut who works in a hunting store). Too bad, I used to like him.

I guess he thinks it's 30s Germany because I said I don't like him.

But if we're gonna be fair to Tim, I'm sure there are a lot of ultra Liberals in Hollywoo who take things too far.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quite right. The only 1930's Germany today is the Trump Administration and their Fascism-in-Action. Damn Nazis.
    Yeah, or we could all take some responsibility to stop with the retarded hyperbole. It's not ok when liberuls do it and it's not ok when conservatives do it either. Do you think he needs a safe space he can get away from the constant pogroms and fear of being beaten up or worse by angry aryan people in brown shirts?

Why the fuck we need to talk about some old retard (and Tim Allen), if FBI director just testified that there in Counter-Intelligence investigation involving a sitting US President?