hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1462 of 1810 FirstFirst ... 4629621362141214521459146014611462146314641465147215121562 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,240 of 36191

Thread: Trump Did Nothing Wrong [USA Politics Thread]

  1. #29221
    Donor lubica's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    On the shitty side of the Alps
    Posts
    4,484
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Trump has an ivy league education.
    Paid for
    Everything is paid for.
    Just like your mum.
    Ayyy


    Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

  2. #29222
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  3. #29223
    Sacul's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Hollandistan
    Posts
    6,199
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Do they really? Really do they?

  4. #29224
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    7,935
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Do they really? Really do they?
    They really do?

  5. #29225
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,058
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Do they really? Really do they?
    They really do?
    They do really. Really they do. Do really they.

    3󫎽=6
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  6. #29226
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Do they really? Really do they?
    They really do?
    They do really. Really they do. Do really they.

    3󫎽=6
    Have some Canukistani pre-post-hardcore.

      Spoiler:
    meh

  7. #29227
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,959
    nevar forget

  8. #29228
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,058
    “Was there a physical wiretap of Trump Tower? No, but there never was, and the information we got on Friday continues to lead us in that direction,” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman, said on “Fox News Sunday.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cc825fcab25d

    Look, amazingly they've denied there was any physical wiretapping.

    Something that hasn't been the subject since ever, unless you're trying to disprove Trump's claim by being literal. This leaves open the possibility that there was different kinds of surveillance done, yet all the media articles act as if Trump has been disproven.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  9. #29229
    ValorousBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    4,438
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Trump has an ivy league education.
    Paid for
    Everything is paid for.
    Let's be honest here though, you know what he's talking about and the vast majority of top tier schools have so much money that they'll cover the full cost of your education there if they think you're worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford gives more financial aid then some countries GDP.

  10. #29230
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford gives more financial aid then some countries GDP.



    source: https://ucomm.stanford.edu/cds/ ; https://ucomm.stanford.edu/cds/pdf/s...d_cds_2016.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  11. #29231
    ValorousBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    4,438
    +Rep Freddy, I was looking for a page like that and couldn't find it. I was just gonna quote from a Reuter's article:

    Quote Originally Posted by http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2012/06/04/dont-cry-for-stanford-undergrads/
    According to its latest filing, Stanford extends financial aid to 3,560 of its 6,889 undergraduates — that’s more than half of them. The average financial aid package for each of those 3,560 undergrads? An impressive $41,919. And that’s far from everything: another 30% of students get other forms of assistance, like athletic scholarships. Add it all up, and just 20% of students get no aid at all; it’s reasonable to assume that a large chunk of that 20% are foreign students, bringing the percentage of domestic students paying full whack even lower.
    That's for 2012 and gives a figure of $149,231,640 for non athletic scholarships. From your more recent stats it looks like Stanford gives out about $200 million in aid every year, which is larger then the GDP of the bottom 3-4 countries depending on which source you use.

  12. #29232
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    If I may be a little bit nitpicky, it's not actually "giving out" that money but rather waiving fees of their own (in their own interest)
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  13. #29233
    ValorousBob's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)
    Posts
    4,438
    Well most of those cases would include money for living expenses/books/etc so they actually would be literally giving out money to students for them to spend, but yeah fair enough most of that money is Stanford paying themselves.

  14. #29234
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    If I may be a little bit nitpicky, it's not actually "giving out" that money but rather waiving fees of their own (in their own interest)
    While it may not be immediately obvious from the figures, Stanford makes a pretty big deal out of it's programs to essentially get poor kids into the school for effectively free. If the family earns less than I think 80k, and the kid gets in, they pay. If it's between 80 and 120k, heavily subsidized.

    That normally includes lodging.
    meh

  15. #29235
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,959
    That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    nevar forget

  16. #29236
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,058
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    And you think that is a problem?

    Not everyone is going to be a good fit for university.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  17. #29237
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    I can pretty much guarantee you not all high school diplomas gets you into Stanford. It's also a private university.
    meh

  18. #29238
    Paradox's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 24, 2011
    Location
    Deepest Darkest Devonshire
    Posts
    7,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    And you think that is a problem?

    Not everyone is going to be a good fit for university.
    You do get quite a lot of people that are not good fits for university when they're 16 but go on to be good for university when they're older

    Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

    I'd be interested to know what a German university's procedure for that is

    In the UK cases are judged on their merits and you'd find most degree courses would let you on if you were obviously passionate and competent even if you had no school qualifications at all.

    Same on the college (16 to 18 year old) level too actually.


    Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

  19. #29239
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,801
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    And you think that is a problem?

    Not everyone is going to be a good fit for university.
    You do get quite a lot of people that are not good fits for university when they're 16 but go on to be good for university when they're older

    Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

    I'd be interested to know what a German university's procedure for that is

    In the UK cases are judged on their merits and you'd find most degree courses would let you on if you were obviously passionate and competent even if you had no school qualifications at all.

    Same on the college (16 to 18 year old) level too actually.
    In the U.S. they do p. much the same thing. Most reasonable institutions (including Cal State) award "life" credits for work experience. You'll generally have to end up doing some credits in most topics but I had one guy leave my team and only have to do one year of a four year once they had given him a few Math tests.
    meh

  20. #29240
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

    Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

    I'd be interested to know what a German university's procedure for that is
    Externally acquire your high-school diploma at one of the many institutions which offer you this service, done. You're now qualified to attend, or, in the cases (medicine et. al.) a numerus clausus exists, to apply.

    Austria even offers its own "Qualification to study" exam, which costs next to nothing and has basically no criteria except: 1) Be of age 2) Register 3) Pay a really miniscule fee 4) Appear at the day of the exam. (Courses are available, held by the university, but optional.)
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 20 2017 at 12:30:22 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •