hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1462 of 1810 FirstFirst ... 4629621362141214521459146014611462146314641465147215121562 ... LastLast
Results 29,221 to 29,240 of 36191

Thread: Trump Did Nothing Wrong [USA Politics Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Trump has an ivy league education.
    Paid for
    Everything is paid for.
    Just like your mum.
    Ayyy

Quote Originally Posted by Narmio
    Welcome to Dwarf Fortress, where there is a fine line between insanity and gameplay. The line menaces with spikes of obsessive compulsion.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    When Merkel meets with Putin he speaks German and she speaks Russian.
    And people get worked up over a handshake.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Do they really? Really do they?

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    They really do?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    They really do?
    They do really. Really they do. Do really they.

3󫎽=6

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    They really do?
    They do really. Really they do. Do really they.

3󫎽=6
    Have some Canukistani pre-post-hardcore.

Spoiler:
    meh

nevar forget

“Was there a physical wiretap of Trump Tower? No, but there never was, and the information we got on Friday continues to lead us in that direction,” Rep. Devin Nunes (R-Calif.), the chairman, said on “Fox News Sunday.”
    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.cc825fcab25d

Look, amazingly they've denied there was any physical wiretapping.

Something that hasn't been the subject since ever, unless you're trying to disprove Trump's claim by being literal. This leaves open the possibility that there was different kinds of surveillance done, yet all the media articles act as if Trump has been disproven.

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    Trump has an ivy league education.
    Paid for
    Everything is paid for.
    Let's be honest here though, you know what he's talking about and the vast majority of top tier schools have so much money that they'll cover the full cost of your education there if they think you're worth it. I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford gives more financial aid then some countries GDP.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if Stanford gives more financial aid then some countries GDP.

source: https://ucomm.stanford.edu/cds/ ; https://ucomm.stanford.edu/cds/pdf/s...d_cds_2016.pdf
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

+Rep Freddy, I was looking for a page like that and couldn't find it. I was just gonna quote from a Reuter's article:

Quote Originally Posted by http://blogs.reuters.com/felix-salmon/2012/06/04/dont-cry-for-stanford-undergrads/
    According to its latest filing, Stanford extends financial aid to 3,560 of its 6,889 undergraduates — that’s more than half of them. The average financial aid package for each of those 3,560 undergrads? An impressive $41,919. And that’s far from everything: another 30% of students get other forms of assistance, like athletic scholarships. Add it all up, and just 20% of students get no aid at all; it’s reasonable to assume that a large chunk of that 20% are foreign students, bringing the percentage of domestic students paying full whack even lower.
    That's for 2012 and gives a figure of $149,231,640 for non athletic scholarships. From your more recent stats it looks like Stanford gives out about $200 million in aid every year, which is larger then the GDP of the bottom 3-4 countries depending on which source you use.

If I may be a little bit nitpicky, it's not actually "giving out" that money but rather waiving fees of their own (in their own interest)

Well most of those cases would include money for living expenses/books/etc so they actually would be literally giving out money to students for them to spend, but yeah fair enough most of that money is Stanford paying themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    If I may be a little bit nitpicky, it's not actually "giving out" that money but rather waiving fees of their own (in their own interest)
    While it may not be immediately obvious from the figures, Stanford makes a pretty big deal out of it's programs to essentially get poor kids into the school for effectively free. If the family earns less than I think 80k, and the kid gets in, they pay. If it's between 80 and 120k, heavily subsidized.

That normally includes lodging.
    meh

That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    nevar forget

That's great and all. In Germany all state universities are free. The problem isn't financing those that make it to applying, its getting kids far enough in some school systems so that they can apply. In theory every US student can apply for college because all high school diplomas are the same. My school hands out 4 different levels of diploma, none which qualify the student to apply for university. Only one of those enable a student to go to another school that may result in a diploma that qualifies for uni. In return however our students tend to graduate at 16 and take up an apprenticeship instead.
    And you think that is a problem?

Not everyone is going to be a good fit for university.

I can pretty much guarantee you not all high school diplomas gets you into Stanford. It's also a private university.
    meh

You do get quite a lot of people that are not good fits for university when they're 16 but go on to be good for university when they're older

Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

I'd be interested to know what a German university's procedure for that is

In the UK cases are judged on their merits and you'd find most degree courses would let you on if you were obviously passionate and competent even if you had no school qualifications at all.

Same on the college (16 to 18 year old) level too actually.

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

You do get quite a lot of people that are not good fits for university when they're 16 but go on to be good for university when they're older

Like if you went to work somewhere and you got interested in the technical side and then you decided you wanted to better yourself having found your passion at 35 years old. to then go to a university and be told you can't do it because you don't have the qualifications is ludicrous.

In the UK cases are judged on their merits and you'd find most degree courses would let you on if you were obviously passionate and competent even if you had no school qualifications at all.

Same on the college (16 to 18 year old) level too actually.
    In the U.S. they do p. much the same thing. Most reasonable institutions (including Cal State) award "life" credits for work experience. You'll generally have to end up doing some credits in most topics but I had one guy leave my team and only have to do one year of a four year once they had given him a few Math tests.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Paradox View Post

Externally acquire your high-school diploma at one of the many institutions which offer you this service, done. You're now qualified to attend, or, in the cases (medicine et. al.) a numerus clausus exists, to apply.

Austria even offers its own "Qualification to study" exam, which costs next to nothing and has basically no criteria except: 1) Be of age 2) Register 3) Pay a really miniscule fee 4) Appear at the day of the exam. (Courses are available, held by the university, but optional.)
    Last edited by FatFreddy; March 20 2017 at 12:30:22 AM.