hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1448 of 1490 FirstFirst ... 44894813481398143814451446144714481449145014511458 ... LastLast
Results 28,941 to 28,960 of 29787

Thread: Trump Keeps on #WINNING [USA Politics Thread]

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    The entirety of it, from Trumps personal communication method through to the alt-right internet crusade and the postings of our more retarded forum members, are nothing more than an advanced form of a Gish Gallop.

It's an extremely prolific and difficult-to-counter communication strategy that thrives on throwing out micro-examples of total bullshit at such a rapid pace that it becomes almost impossible to counter with rational argument. As soon as you start pinning a Gish Galloper down on the crap they spew, they will switch arguments to another fallacious talking-point or try to claim they were not being serious (before rotating through into the same garbage again a short while later).

Rak is an excellent example of this.

Unless you have significant time to commit to pointing out their stupidity on a constant basis, the optimal counter strategy is to point out exactly what they are every time they go on a stupidity-spree, then ignore them and continue the discussion without them.
    A Gish Gallop?

Pretty much what we see from the mainstream media these days.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...retapped-trump

Its Monday night, proof must be incoming!
    Well I think the proof speaks for itself.
    We put the proof next to the Iraqi WMD's
    It's the DOJ that was asked to present any evidence they had, not the WH, and the DOJ is stalling.

Seriously, how are anyone taking these people seriously when they can't even get these kinds of details correct, or in the case of that article have a title that says the "Trump administration" failed to provide evidence when it was the DOJ that didn't, and the 'victim' is the white house.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    So Shadowrun is our future?
    Fifth edition with the WiFi matrix sure as fuck looks like it.

So which one of you guys has a future proof job?

Tapapapatalk
    Psychology, gonna be a meat-sack designated to counsel the meat-sacks without jobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    So Shadowrun is our future?
    Fifth edition with the WiFi matrix sure as fuck looks like it.

So which one of you guys has a future proof job?

Tapapapatalk
    Psychology, gonna be a meat-sack designated to counsel the meat-sacks without jobs.
    Indian volcano magic get hype.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Are there people in this thread who actually agree with card-carrying racist Steven King when he says stuff like:

"English is language of freedom. Historically everywhere the English language went, freedom went with it".

Uh, what? I'm a big critic of white colonial guilt but even I choked on this bullshit. Pretty sure the millions of people we enslaved, subjegated and killed wouldn't endorse this view.
    He is mixing up correlation with causation. It's probably true that everywhere in the world that currently has access to a large number of people fluent in English has greater freedom/QOL than the time before English first arrived, but that doesn't prove the arrival of English eventually caused it.
    We have a saying in Africa.

"At least the English left schools".

You guys did way better than all the other Europeans.
    Seriously? "We" in africa? The whole giant continent all has the same saying?
    Just the places the English colonized.

Everyone else can't speak English.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Probably not. Technology like driverless trucks is going to decimate the economy though.
    After a few accidents OTR truck drivers will be replaced by OTR truck monitors.
    Those are all the low grade IT guys Kubernetes is going to put out of their low grade automatable IT jobs. The truck drivers are fucked.

Probably not. Technology like driverless trucks is going to decimate the economy though.
    Those are all the low grade IT guys Kubernetes is going to put out of their low grade automatable IT jobs. The truck drivers are fucked.
    Hi guys, I hear automation is killing truck driver jobs and not, like, tons and tons of other jobs already. I heard all the manufacturing jobs are gone because of China instead of because of automation because Trump told me so.

Growing pains as we enter a brave new world are gonna be hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Hi guys, I hear automation is killing truck driver jobs and not, like, tons and tons of other jobs already. I heard all the manufacturing jobs are gone because of China instead of because of automation because Trump told me so.

There was actually a tongue in cheek discussion about this at work today involving hiring people to randomly input stuff on keyboards to act as better sources of randomness for the computers.

I heard all the manufacturing jobs are gone because of China instead of because of automation because Trump told me so.
    I'm glad you accept that China took western jobs and not the alternative fact that it was automated factories.

pepe/10

That's surprisingly well put together.

There was actually a tongue in cheek discussion about this at work today involving hiring people to randomly input stuff on keyboards to act as better sources of randomness for the computers.
    wouldn't work, better off using atomic decay.

Hahahaha Hahahahahahahahaha hahaha hahahahahahahahahaha

Hahhahahaha

That's funny
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Hahhahahaha

That's funny
    I'm assuming this was a sarcastic response to Rakshitler slurping hard. Hands behind his head.

The entirety of it, from Trumps personal communication method through to the alt-right internet crusade and the postings of our more retarded forum members, are nothing more than an advanced form of a Gish Gallop.

It's an extremely prolific and difficult-to-counter communication strategy that thrives on throwing out micro-examples of total bullshit at such a rapid pace that it becomes almost impossible to counter with rational argument. As soon as you start pinning a Gish Galloper down on the crap they spew, they will switch arguments to another fallacious talking-point or try to claim they were not being serious (before rotating through into the same garbage again a short while later).

Unless you have significant time to commit to pointing out their stupidity on a constant basis, the optimal counter strategy is to point out exactly what they are every time they go on a stupidity-spree, then ignore them and continue the discussion without them.
    The problem is that apparently, at least, americans are to stupid to understand that.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

The problem is that apparently, at least, americans are to stupid to understand that.
    The average person everywhere is too stupid to understand that.

Tapapapatalk
    nevar forget

The average person everywhere is too stupid to understand that.

Tapapapatalk
    Of the free folk, only the 'muricans (and british) have proven that so far, on a truely great scale.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Intense slurpy from Rak overnight. His face must hurt from sucking those dicks so hard.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Intense slurpy from Rak overnight. His face must hurt from sucking those dicks so hard.
    He's just trolling man!

Of the free folk, only the 'muricans (and british) have proven that so far, on a truely great scale.
    The British people are basically conditioned to accept the status quo which makes our entire population a lumpen proletariat with little chance of accepting a narrative of class struggle.
    Quote Originally Posted by The Road to Wigan Pier - George Orwell
    We all rail against class-distinctions, but very few people seriously want to abolish them. Here you come upon the important fact that every revolutionary opinion draws part of its strength from a secret conviction that nothing can be changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoffl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post

Hahhahahaha

That's funny
    I'm assuming this was a sarcastic response to Rakshitler slurping hard. Hands behind his head.
    It was not. I was still laughing about what I posted this morning. Just thinking about it makes me giggle to be honest.

I just ignore rak the old fashioned way off not reading his posts and realizing he's just trolling.

You know, except when he replies to my posts and I have to defend myself because this is the internet and I must always be right on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.