hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1381 of 1799 FirstFirst ... 3818811281133113711378137913801381138213831384139114311481 ... LastLast
Results 27,601 to 27,620 of 35961

Thread: Trump Did Nothing Wrong [USA Politics Thread]

  1. #27601

    Join Date
    May 31, 2011
    Posts
    3,072
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But thinking about it, it's goals and principles were/are tailored towards a west/east confrontation. That doesn't cover the world's current state of affairs and the present threats.
    Tell that to Ukraine
    That's actually one of many current examples for what the NATO currently has NO plan. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, therefore it's none of NATO's business.

  2. #27602
    Joe Appleby's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    in front of the class
    Posts
    11,925
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But thinking about it, it's goals and principles were/are tailored towards a west/east confrontation. That doesn't cover the world's current state of affairs and the present threats.
    Tell that to Ukraine
    That's actually one of many current examples for what the NATO currently has NO plan. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, therefore it's none of NATO's business.
    Preußischer Generalstab 101: have plans for any eventuality no matter how unrealistic it is that you'll be involved. Keep those plans updated.
    nevar forget

  3. #27603
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But thinking about it, it's goals and principles were/are tailored towards a west/east confrontation. That doesn't cover the world's current state of affairs and the present threats.
    Tell that to Ukraine
    That's actually one of many current examples for what the NATO currently has NO plan. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, therefore it's none of NATO's business.
    Preußischer Generalstab 101: have plans for any eventuality no matter how unrealistic it is that you'll be involved. Keep those plans updated.
    And remember to account for General Winter this time.

  4. #27604
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,074
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But thinking about it, it's goals and principles were/are tailored towards a west/east confrontation. That doesn't cover the world's current state of affairs and the present threats.
    Tell that to Ukraine
    That's actually one of many current examples for what the NATO currently has NO plan. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, therefore it's none of NATO's business.
    Preußischer Generalstab 101: have plans for any eventuality no matter how unrealistic it is that you'll be involved. Keep those plans updated.
    And remember to account for General Winter this time.
    And since germanys' army is now becoming more flamboyant (with the added benefit of triggering Russia(ns)), also remember to account for General Hintern and his elite rear guard detachment *slaps knee*

    scnr
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  5. #27605
    Movember 2012 Elriche Oshego's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 21, 2011
    Posts
    6,151
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmychrist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    But thinking about it, it's goals and principles were/are tailored towards a west/east confrontation. That doesn't cover the world's current state of affairs and the present threats.
    Tell that to Ukraine
    That's actually one of many current examples for what the NATO currently has NO plan. Ukraine isn't a NATO member, therefore it's none of NATO's business.
    Preußischer Generalstab 101: have plans for any eventuality no matter how unrealistic it is that you'll be involved. Keep those plans updated.
    And remember to account for General Winter this time.
    And since germanys' army is now becoming more flamboyant (with the added benefit of triggering Russia(ns)), also remember to account for General Hintern and his elite rear guard detachment *slaps knee*

    scnr

  6. #27606
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    17,584
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  7. #27607
    Dirk Magnum's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    2,766
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    Unsurprising if true. Steakpeachment 2017.

  8. #27608
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    President Philistine.

  9. #27609
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Location
    DC swampland
    Posts
    5,860
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    President Philistine.

  10. #27610
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    7,762
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    President Philistine.
    Just goes to show you can't buy class.

  11. #27611
    Movember 2012 Stoffl's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The original viennese waffle
    Posts
    20,121
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    http://www.avclub.com/article/presid...ketchup-251081

    Jesus Christ America what have you done!
    my fucking sides

  12. #27612
    mewninn's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    1,310
    he's just appealing to all the walmartians with dumb and dumber haircuts

  13. #27613
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,026
    He has been trolling the fine society with that stuff for decades.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  14. #27614

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    8,215
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    He has been trolling the fine society with that stuff for decades.
    Ah, yes, he's a mastermind troll.

    Much like you amirite? Explains why you love him so much.

    Or more likely you're both idiots.

  15. #27615
    metacannibal's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Location
    Actually an '06.
    Posts
    3,301
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    This whole funny discussion here is entirely missing the point. President un-elected Bannon clearly stated that the #1 goal, as to which the entire cabinet is being selected for, is the demolishing of the administrative state. They want to turn the USA to capitalist anarchy land with a governmental shell that has the only purpose to maintain a military.

    This is literally taken from 1984, I wonder how long it would take until people in the US recognize Bannon to be an actual terrorist or traitor.
    Which part of 1984 is it literally taken from mate cause I've read that book many times and have no clue.
    Its not about this part or that part of the plot but the high level concept of the world team trump aspires vs conceptually the world that is outlined in the book.

    Centralized power entity with absolutely no regard for the winstons but focused on enriching that tiny centralized entity "group"? Check
    Absolute claim to truth and information, regardless of reality and only catering to maintaining control? Check
    Administrative entity with purpose of protecting power and wealth through force and information? Abandoning government, make the military stronk! Check

  16. #27616
    Rakshasa The Cat's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,026
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    He has been trolling the fine society with that stuff for decades.
    Ah, yes, he's a mastermind troll.

    Much like you amirite? Explains why you love him so much.

    Or more likely you're both idiots.
    Hasn't required a mastermind to troll you guys the past half year.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  17. #27617
    Smuggo's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Behind you
    Posts
    27,520
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    This whole funny discussion here is entirely missing the point. President un-elected Bannon clearly stated that the #1 goal, as to which the entire cabinet is being selected for, is the demolishing of the administrative state. They want to turn the USA to capitalist anarchy land with a governmental shell that has the only purpose to maintain a military.

    This is literally taken from 1984, I wonder how long it would take until people in the US recognize Bannon to be an actual terrorist or traitor.
    Which part of 1984 is it literally taken from mate cause I've read that book many times and have no clue.
    Its not about this part or that part of the plot but the high level concept of the world team trump aspires vs conceptually the world that is outlined in the book.

    Centralized power entity with absolutely no regard for the winstons but focused on enriching that tiny centralized entity "group"? Check
    Absolute claim to truth and information, regardless of reality and only catering to maintaining control? Check
    Administrative entity with purpose of protecting power and wealth through force and information? Abandoning government, make the military stronk! Check
    Okay but the post where you said it is literally like 1984 specifically outlines the destruction of most aspects of the state whereas in 1984 it is quite the opposite.

    Also even the inner party lives fairly frugally in 1984 because as is explained, it's not about wealth, it's about power. The Trump squad seem much more about being in government for personal enrichment above all else.

  18. #27618
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    12,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

    Whatabout, whadabout, what about......

    Here is a novel idea, how about the laws be enforced.....wait for it......on both groups?
    Because you don't have unlimited money for law enforcement. You're too busy locking up 1% of your population in order to funnel tax payers money to the owners of prisons.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Naaaa, feels over reals, law is for suckers, we don't like something, just don't enforce it! Problem solved!
    Do you think not enforcing these law is the biggest problem with American law enforcement? I don't think you're that stupid, you must surely understand there are biggest fish to fry with the funds available. This is just an emotive issue to gets the FEELS of hatred flowing among conservatives while they mock the human emotion of empathy. Gotta keep the population tilting at windmills! It's divide and conquer the bottom of the income distribution. Alistair, you are in the bottom ends of the income distribution, the devil's greatest trick was convincing everyone he doesn't exist.

    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    There is no such thing as borders anyway, and immigration anywhere you want is a human right, right?
    It seems very surprising your believe that. Or are you just making strawmen again because you lack any sort of political insight beyond "conservative good, progressive bad"?
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

  19. #27619
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    7,913

  20. #27620
    Keckers's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31, 2012
    Posts
    12,765
    Quote Originally Posted by Ego Proxy View Post

    Just clarifying, you are referring to the ~45% of US citizens that don't pay federal income tax when you speak of the neglected shadow class, right?
    Anyone who doesn't derive cashflow from capital assets and only has their labour to rely on for income is a shadow class.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •