hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1378 of 1947 FirstFirst ... 37887812781328136813751376137713781379138013811388142814781878 ... LastLast
Results 27,541 to 27,560 of 38928

Thread: The Questionably Fascist [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    So Trump made a big deal about the rest of Nato spending the agreed upon 2% of the GDP on defense. The German government finally agreed to up the spending. Which tbh is pretty awesome because it had been underfunded for a long time.

However there is one small problem I have.

2% of Germany's GDP is $67b.

That's about as much as Russia spends on it's military, just behind Saudi Arabia, China and the US.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...y_expenditures

With the current budget we are just short of 200.000 soldiers. What are we going to spend double the money on? New equipment won't cover a $30b gap. I mean unless we start building nukes but who would want that? (France would, they repeatedly offered Germany shared access and control over the French nukes. I shit you not.)
    A German DARPA, that's science funding cleverly disguised as military spending.
    We already do that, it's called the German university system.
    This is essentially how it works in the states too. Ever heard of SRI or the Lawrence labs at Berkeley?

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    That's the bit I don't understand - why is the EU so afraid of Russia.
    EU is not afraid of Russia. It is different.

1. Dealing with Russian is exactly like dealing with North Korea. Everyone (including Russians) know that is push comes to shove, Russia will be defeated swiftly and thoroughly. But then what? Who is going to police and occupy 1/7 of world's landmass? Who's going to feed millions of starving civilians? What about refugees?

2. Russia has managed to create an image of a "victim", therefore any country that shows strength against Russia is immediately portrayed by Russian propagandists as "Nazis".

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    EU is not afraid of Russia. It is different.

1. Dealing with Russian is exactly like dealing with North Korea. Everyone (including Russians) know that is push comes to shove, Russia will be defeated swiftly and thoroughly. But then what? Who is going to police and occupy 1/7 of world's landmass? Who's going to feed millions of starving civilians? What about refugees?

2. Russia has managed to create an image of a "victim", therefore any country that shows strength against Russia is immediately portrayed by Russian propagandists as "Nazis".
    Tl,dr Hitler did nothing wrong?

Blyaaaaaad

"The Budgetary and Economic Costs of Addressing Unauthorized Immigration:

The federal government would have to spend roughly $400 billion to $600 billion to address the 11.2 million undocumented immigrants and prevent future unlawful entry into the United States.

In turn, this would shrink the labor force by 11 million workers and reduce real GDP by $1.6 trillion.

Depending on how the government conducts its apprehensions, it would need to spend $100 billion to $300 billion arresting and removing all undocumented immigrants residing in the country, a process that we estimate would take 20 years. In addition, to prevent any new undocumented immigrants going forward, the government would at a minimum have to maintain current immigration enforcement levels. This results in an additional $315 billion in continuing enforcement costs over that time period.

Not only would enforcing current law cost taxpayers, it would also burden the economy. Removing all undocumented immigrants would cause the labor force to shrink by 6.4 percent, which translates to a loss of 11 million workers. As a result, 20 years from now the economy would be nearly 6 percent or $1.6 trillion smaller than it would be if the government did not remove all undocumented immigrants. While this impact would be found throughout the economy, the agriculture, construction, retail and hospitality sectors would be especially strongly affected."

Source:
    https://www.americanactionforum.org/...migration-alt/

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    "The Budgetary and Economic Costs of Addressing Unauthorized Immigration:

The federal government would have to spend roughly $400 billion to $600 billion to address the 11.2 million undocumented immigrants and prevent future unlawful entry into the United States.

In turn, this would shrink the labor force by 11 million workers and reduce real GDP by $1.6 trillion.

Depending on how the government conducts its apprehensions, it would need to spend $100 billion to $300 billion arresting and removing all undocumented immigrants residing in the country, a process that we estimate would take 20 years. In addition, to prevent any new undocumented immigrants going forward, the government would at a minimum have to maintain current immigration enforcement levels. This results in an additional $315 billion in continuing enforcement costs over that time period.

Not only would enforcing current law cost taxpayers, it would also burden the economy. Removing all undocumented immigrants would cause the labor force to shrink by 6.4 percent, which translates to a loss of 11 million workers. As a result, 20 years from now the economy would be nearly 6 percent or $1.6 trillion smaller than it would be if the government did not remove all undocumented immigrants. While this impact would be found throughout the economy, the agriculture, construction, retail and hospitality sectors would be especially strongly affected."

Source:
    https://www.americanactionforum.org/...migration-alt/
    Thats not an argument in my opinion. Its a crime and its illegal, the state either changes the laws or it does something about it, no matter the price. It would hurt our economy, it would cost a lot of money and so on just arent things you can argue if its about a crime. The law has been broken, the law requires to send those people back - hence the state has the responsibility to act on it. Otherwise you might as well get rid of the rule of law in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Governments ignore the enforcement of laws all of the time.

Figure 1: 12M Illegal Immigrants in the US

As I said before, we can bus in trumptards from Ohio to pick fruit and they can live in new deal style camps in the valley.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post

Exactly, and someone wanting to do something about it is a good thing. That blatant ignoring the law by the government has to end.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post

Exactly, and someone wanting to do something about it is a good thing. That blatant ignoring the law by the government has to end.
    I wonder if anybody has discussed Immigration Reform in the past couple of decades.

No, nothing rings a bell.

I wonder if anybody has discussed Immigration Reform in the past couple of decades.

Immigration isn't the only problem, its the illegals that are already there mostly.

Immigration isn't the only problem, its the illegals that are already there mostly.
    That are only there because the immigration laws were purposefully weak and purposefully under-enforced so that we could have cheap labor.

Most of those illegals are more useful and productive, and do more for this county than most Republicans.

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Most of those illegals are more useful and productive, and do more for this county than most Republicans.
    Again, that's not an argument. Wether they are criminals or hard workers or anything else is irrelevant, they are illegals, the law wants them gone.

http://www.slate.com/articles/health...t_without.html

There you go wolf. I'm sure all these fat, useless racist retards in flyover country will figure out how to feed themselves easily when the ag business collapses because the near slave labor that has been keeping food in America cheap with the populations tacit approval has disappeared.
    Last edited by erichkknaar; February 26 2017 at 07:52:39 AM.

That are only there because the immigration laws were purposefully weak and purposefully under-enforced so that we could have cheap labor.
    Yeah that can't just be a liberal talking point. From what I understand most of these illegals actually pays taxes associated with their jobs or have I been completely misinformed here?

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post

Yeah that can't just be a liberal talking point. From what I understand most of these illegals actually pays taxes associated with their jobs or have I been completely misinformed here?
    Literally everyone here pays sales tax at a very minimum.

If you buy something you pay tax, that's a low bar to set.

Edit: As long as it's not a paid under the table job you pay taxes otherwise the employer will get some sweet loving from the IRS.

Even with their low levels of spending the EU outmatches the Russians. If they all spent 2% of GDP they'd massively over-match the Russians. France (plus the UK till they leave) have enough nukes to act as a MAD counter.

So why is everyone shitting the bed over NATO? Why does the EU need the USA to defend itself from what is essentially a frozen Italy with shit food and clothing?

The only things I can think of is that it is ingrained that it is just easier to let the USA play the main role. Plus the suspicion in some EU/NATO members that other members may not be in a rush to get involved if the Russians come for them.

You have 500 million people with a combined GDP greater than most of the over nations on earth combined looking to 320 million people to defend them from 145 million people. Why?
    The comparison with North Korea is apt.

They're liable to actually do shit, have a shitton of weapons to do it with, no matter how swift the reaction a lot of people will be fucked, nobody wants war, the more you ignore Russia the more desperate they get for attention. Etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post

If you buy something you pay tax, that's a low bar to set.

Edit: As long as it's not a paid under the table job you pay taxes otherwise the employer will get some sweet loving from the IRS.
    And that would be my point. Employing a foreign non EU national without a workers permit can only be done under the table over here. If the USA had ever been interested in keeping the riff raff out they would have gone after the employers in the first place. Seems pretty obvious that the US political and corporate establishment have been happy with this situation for a long time.

As far as I'm concerned, if you pay your taxes you're a productive member of society and attribute to the nations wealth and should benefit from all the perks that come with it.

Yeah, but the dirty little secret is that we've been exploiting the ever living shot out of our brown slaves to the south in order to artificially keep the cost of food and things like house cleaning, etc low. I lived through apartheid. I know sneaky economic fiddling when I see it. When Americans are doing those jobs, people are certainly not going to be able to afford to be fat anymore.