hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1375 of 1727 FirstFirst ... 3758751275132513651372137313741375137613771378138514251475 ... LastLast
Results 27,481 to 27,500 of 34535

Thread: Slurp Slurp Slurp [USA Politics Thread]

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    With regards to impeachment, what does it actually take? Do you actually have to be a criminal? Or is it enough to just be shit. Or can even a competent president get impeached if he gets enough senate/house detractors?
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    That said, all Trump has to do is get some blue collar workforce recovery in the US and he'll still be really popular.
    He won't though, because republicans are about as capable at economics and good governance as Trump is smart and humble.

Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    With regards to impeachment, what does it actually take? Do you actually have to be a criminal? Or is it enough to just be shit. Or can even a competent president get impeached if he gets enough senate/house detractors?
    My money is on 25th Amendment, Section 4.

I wonder how much that man will hurt the republican party if he actually gets to sit out his term.
    Halfway expecting everyone to whenever there is a election go "remember Trump", then vote democrats or not vote at all just to avoid risking this happening ever again.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    I wonder how much that man will hurt the republican party if he actually gets to sit out his term.
    Halfway expecting everyone to whenever there is a election go "remember Trump", then vote democrats or not vote at all just to avoid risking this happening ever again.
    Their plan all along, as they've said, is literally to burn it all to the ground. Why the republicans think that doesn't apply to them just shows you what a bunch of weak-spined retards they are, and have always been. Think Mitch McConnell given emotional form.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Wow Murica plumbing new depths of stupid every day. This is not helping shake your rep as a nation of poorly educated morons.

That said, all Trump has to do is get some blue collar workforce recovery in the US and he'll still be really popular.
    yeah he'll hang on as long as he delivers on this.

The energy industry and oil & gas will be the main vehicle for blue collar job recovery. I can't really blame them either, even if the global consequences will be nasty. 2008 really turned a slow downturn of rural areas into a crushing depression that is still ongoing today. Just look at the spreading heroin epidemic for symptoms of whats happening today. Of course people are only going to care about themselves in such circumstances

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Meanwhile FOXnews aired an intervew with a "Nils Bildt" Swedish defense and national security advisor.

Whom apparantly no one has ever heard of in Sweden.

Lulz.

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    Wow Murica plumbing new depths of stupid every day. This is not helping shake your rep as a nation of poorly educated morons.

The energy industry and oil & gas will be the main vehicle for blue collar job recovery. I can't really blame them either, even if the global consequences will be nasty. 2008 really turned a slow downturn of rural areas into a crushing depression that is still ongoing today. Just look at the spreading heroin epidemic for symptoms of whats happening today. Of course people are only going to care about themselves in such circumstances
    Those jobs aren't coming back. Global gas and oil prices are very low because there is a ton of supply from other countries. Not to mention China and even Saudi Arabia investing heavily in renewables now. Projects like the Dakota access pipeline only lead to <100 permanent jobs because the whole point is for them to be built then operate for basically free.

I think this may be the president that finally kills the gop
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Trump saved 70K coal jobs his first month. Impressive considering there's less than 100K coal jobs in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by walrus View Post
    Any member of the US House can bring charges against the president. The House votes on each charge. If any pass on a majority vote, the President is impeached.

The trial then moves to the Senate, where the 100 members vote on the charges and decide whether or not to remove the President from office. If 60 votes (a supermajority) are in favor of removal, the President is immediately stripped of all powers and thrown out of office.

Two Presidents have been impeached: Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton. Neither was removed from office. Impeachment proceedings were underway against Richard Nixon, but he resigned before there were any votes.

edit: set the record straight
    Last edited by Nordstern; February 25 2017 at 11:15:59 PM.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I have a legit question and I'm seriously not trolling or being fake-conspiracy guy.

Why is fluoride added to the water in the USA and not in EU countries? Apparently they stopped in the 70s in NL/DE for example

Note I'm talking about drinking water, not fluoride in toothpaste.

Out of a population of about three-quarters of a billion, under 14 million people (approximately a mere 2%) in Europe receive artificially-fluoridated water. Those people are in the UK (5,797,000), Republic of Ireland (3,250,000), Spain (4,250,000), and Serbia (300,000).
    At least for germany, firstly there are very strict rules to the tab water in germany, much much stricter then even for water you can buy in a supermarket, one of those rules is to keep the water as natural as possible. Then its a forced medication of the population which is illegal in germany, every adult here can decide if he wants to take specific medicaments or not, the government isnt allowed to force people to take specific ones.

Lastly, fluoride is extremely unhealthy in higher concentractions, it is carcinogenic, lowers the intellect of people, is encouraging for many brain disorders like dementia or ADHD. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity ) Thus there is always the risk of something going wrong which isnt noticed instantly and vast parts of the country being poisoned by to much. Also, up to 40% of US teens are afflicted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis , which we dont want to have.

We do put it in some salt though, so people can decide to use it or not.

Have you read the full article about dental fluorosis?

Cause your point is stupid, most of the people with that are people drinking from wells, meaning that it's not from added fluorine, but from natural fluorine.

the part you might have missed or omitted for impact:

If the water supply is fluoridated at the level of 1 ppm, one must consume one litre of water in order to take in 1 mg of fluoride. It is thus improbable a person will receive more than the tolerable upper limit from consuming optimally fluoridated water alone.

Fluoride consumption can exceed the tolerable upper limit when someone drinks a lot of fluoride containing water in combination with other fluoride sources, such as swallowing fluoridated toothpaste, consuming food with a high fluoride content, or consuming fluoride supplements. The use of fluoride supplements as a prevention for tooth decay is rare in areas with water fluoridation, but was recommended by many dentists in the UK until the early 1990s.

Dental fluorosis can be prevented by lowering the amount of fluoride intake to below the tolerable upper limit.

In November 2006 the American Dental Association published information stating that water fluoridation is safe, effective and healthy; that enamel fluorosis, usually mild and difficult for anyone except a dental health care professional to see, can result from ingesting more than optimal amounts of fluoride in early childhood; that it is safe to use fluoridated water to mix infant formula; and that the probability of babies developing fluorosis can be reduced by using ready-to-feed infant formula or using water that is either free of fluoride or low in fluoride to prepare powdered or liquid concentrate formula. They go on to say that the way to get the benefits of fluoride but minimize the risk of fluorosis for a child is to get the right amount of fluoride, not too much and not too little. "Your dentist, pediatrician or family physician can help you determine how to optimize your child’s fluoride intake."[20]
    The amount of people that have it is way way higher in countries that put fluoride into the water. Make of that what you will.
    No it isn't. India is generally the cited country for fluoride poisoning because there is a huge area where the wells draw from a water table with fluoride levels hundreds if not thousands of times higher than any country puts in their water.

The most common instances of flouridide poisoning in countries with fluoridation is kids swallowing toothpaste.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    With the blatant lying from the Trump administration, the muslim ban debacle, and now the press bans; how is this nutter not up for impeachment yet?
    If Republicans support the President, their reasonable base will stop voting for them. If they don't support Trump, McConnell and the crazy base will make sure they don't win their primaries in 2018.

It's like the French Terror, but without the beheadings.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeves View Post
    With the blatant lying from the Trump administration, the muslim ban debacle, and now the press bans; how is this nutter not up for impeachment yet?
    It's like the French Terror, but without the beheadings.
    Lol.

Yeah, it was a silly comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Any member of the US House can bring charges against the president. The House votes on each charge. If any pass on a majority vote, the President is impeached.

The trial then moves to the Senate, where the 100 members vote on the charges and decide whether or not to remove the President from office. If 60 votes (a supermajority) are in favor of removal, the President is immediately stripped of all powers and thrown out of office.

Two Presidents have been impeached: Andrew Jackson and Bill Clinton. Neither was removed from office. Impeachment proceedings were underway against Richard Nixon, but he resigned before there were any votes.
    Andrew Johnson, not Andrew Jackson.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Trump saved 70K coal jobs his first month. Impressive considering there's less than 100K coal jobs in total.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Source?
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Leftists saying that the Dems want war with Russia? I bet they have ties to Russia!

The political impasse caused by the subordination of the working class to the Democratic Party and the two-party system, reinforced by the corporatist trade unions, has fueled the frustrations and dashed hopes that foster anti-social acts, from mass shootings to drug addiction.

Once again, there is a concentrated attempt to divert and dissipate social opposition by channeling it behind the Democratic Party, whose central preoccupation is creating the conditions for war against Russia. The urgent lesson that must be drawn is the need to reject all such efforts and break decisively from the Democratic Party and all parties and politicians of the capitalist class.
    https://www.wsws.org/en/articles/201.../pers-f25.html

It would be a dangerous precedent to impeach a president just because "you don't like him" though. In Clintons case they had him on lying to congress which ofc a president shouldn't do.

If he is to be impeached they're going to need something tangiable or open Pandoras box for future presidents. It's not going to happen though, Trump is giving the nutters free reign and will rubberstamp anything they manage to pass onto his desk. No way they'll get rid of him as he's taking away all the attention and scrutiny from them. They're getting away with everything at the moment so why stop?

Depending on what information is turned up and verified regarding collaboration between Trump and Russia during the campaign (if Russia delivered opposition material to Trump or actively undermined Democratic efforts at his request, especially) and if indeed Trump is interfering with an FBI investigation into these allegations, then impeachment is a no-brainer. The charges would read almost exactly like the articles filed against Nixon, apart from some of the actors being different.

I think the Republicans might even play along for a couple reasons:
    1) it's the only way to save even the veneer of integrity as a governing entity. Protecting their brand is their only consistent position.
    2) Pence will rubber stamp the whole conservative agenda, and also work to dismantle government the Republican way instead of the Steve Bannon way.

I give it a 50/50 chance that Republicans would help impeach (or more likely select just a sufficient number of their most vulnerable representatives to put the vote over the requisite percent.) I also give the Democrats a 50/50 chance of doing the initial filing of the Articles of Impeachment. Like, I know that enough voters are uninvolved enough with politics that if Bush 43 had been impeached they'd have thought to themselves "oh, I guess the Dems just wanted revenge for the Clinton impeachment", and I think this is why Pelosi said the idea was "off the table" in 2006.

The mendacity and bloody consequences of Bush's repeated lies and the use of Federal agencies to back up the lies never even mattered because the Democrats were more worried about the long-term political consequences impeachment might bring. I'm not going to argue my position on this here and now though. My main point is that the Democrats may need to man up very soon, and I'm only sort of sure they actually will.

Also an erratum for a post earlier on this page, it was Andrew Johnson (Lincoln's successor) who was impeached in the House, not Andrew Jackson (Trail of Tears.) Edit: already addressed
    Last edited by Dirk Magnum; February 25 2017 at 07:54:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post

Those jobs aren't coming back. Global gas and oil prices are very low because there is a ton of supply from other countries. Not to mention China and even Saudi Arabia investing heavily in renewables now. Projects like the Dakota access pipeline only lead to <100 permanent jobs because the whole point is for them to be built then operate for basically free.

I think this may be the president that finally kills the gop
    That's overly optimistic. Many people were saying the same thing after Bush. But in only 2 years, the GOP bounced back despite being responsible for a presidency that was a disaster for the USA