hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1372 of 1491 FirstFirst ... 3728721272132213621369137013711372137313741375138214221472 ... LastLast
Results 27,421 to 27,440 of 29817

Thread: Trump Keeps on #WINNING [USA Politics Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I have a legit question and I'm seriously not trolling or being fake-conspiracy guy.

Why is fluoride added to the water in the USA and not in EU countries? Apparently they stopped in the 70s in NL/DE for example

Note I'm talking about drinking water, not fluoride in toothpaste.

Out of a population of about three-quarters of a billion, under 14 million people (approximately a mere 2%) in Europe receive artificially-fluoridated water. Those people are in the UK (5,797,000), Republic of Ireland (3,250,000), Spain (4,250,000), and Serbia (300,000).
    If you want to speculate about environmental reasons for US retardation, you probably need not look further than the HFCS diet. Maybe with a bit of "Babyboomers got a steady diet of lead from their paint / gas" in the mix.

Thats almost on the same level as chemtrails tho, the Puritans are probably more to blame about the current mess.
    Don't get me started on HFCS, I religiously check to make sure it's not in any food I buy in the states.

Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    I have a legit question and I'm seriously not trolling or being fake-conspiracy guy.

Why is fluoride added to the water in the USA and not in EU countries? Apparently they stopped in the 70s in NL/DE for example

Out of a population of about three-quarters of a billion, under 14 million people (approximately a mere 2%) in Europe receive artificially-fluoridated water. Those people are in the UK (5,797,000), Republic of Ireland (3,250,000), Spain (4,250,000), and Serbia (300,000).
    At least for germany, firstly there are very strict rules to the tab water in germany, much much stricter then even for water you can buy in a supermarket, one of those rules is to keep the water as natural as possible. Then its a forced medication of the population which is illegal in germany, every adult here can decide if he wants to take specific medicaments or not, the government isnt allowed to force people to take specific ones.

Lastly, fluoride is extremely unhealthy in higher concentractions, it is carcinogenic, lowers the intellect of people, is encouraging for many brain disorders like dementia or ADHD. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity ) Thus there is always the risk of something going wrong which isnt noticed instantly and vast parts of the country being poisoned by to much. Also, up to 40% of US teens are afflicted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis , which we dont want to have.

We do put it in some salt though, so people can decide to use it or not.

Have you read the full article about dental fluorosis?

Cause your point is stupid, most of the people with that are people drinking from wells, meaning that it's not from added fluorine, but from natural fluorine.

the part you might have missed or omitted for impact:

If the water supply is fluoridated at the level of 1 ppm, one must consume one litre of water in order to take in 1 mg of fluoride. It is thus improbable a person will receive more than the tolerable upper limit from consuming optimally fluoridated water alone.

Fluoride consumption can exceed the tolerable upper limit when someone drinks a lot of fluoride containing water in combination with other fluoride sources, such as swallowing fluoridated toothpaste, consuming food with a high fluoride content, or consuming fluoride supplements. The use of fluoride supplements as a prevention for tooth decay is rare in areas with water fluoridation, but was recommended by many dentists in the UK until the early 1990s.

Dental fluorosis can be prevented by lowering the amount of fluoride intake to below the tolerable upper limit.

In November 2006 the American Dental Association published information stating that water fluoridation is safe, effective and healthy; that enamel fluorosis, usually mild and difficult for anyone except a dental health care professional to see, can result from ingesting more than optimal amounts of fluoride in early childhood; that it is safe to use fluoridated water to mix infant formula; and that the probability of babies developing fluorosis can be reduced by using ready-to-feed infant formula or using water that is either free of fluoride or low in fluoride to prepare powdered or liquid concentrate formula. They go on to say that the way to get the benefits of fluoride but minimize the risk of fluorosis for a child is to get the right amount of fluoride, not too much and not too little. "Your dentist, pediatrician or family physician can help you determine how to optimize your child’s fluoride intake."[20]

Quote Originally Posted by Baarhyn View Post
    Cause your point is stupid
    Are you new to General Chat?

At least for germany, firstly there are very strict rules to the tab water in germany, much much stricter then even for water you can buy in a supermarket, one of those rules is to keep the water as natural as possible. Then its a forced medication of the population which is illegal in germany, every adult here can decide if he wants to take specific medicaments or not, the government isnt allowed to force people to take specific ones.

Lastly, fluoride is extremely unhealthy in higher concentractions, it is carcinogenic, lowers the intellect of people, is encouraging for many brain disorders like dementia or ADHD. ( https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoride_toxicity ) Thus there is always the risk of something going wrong which isnt noticed instantly and vast parts of the country being poisoned by to much. Also, up to 40% of US teens are afflicted by https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dental_fluorosis , which we dont want to have.

Cause your point is stupid, most of the people with that are people drinking from wells, meaning that it's not from added fluorine, but from natural fluorine.

If the water supply is fluoridated at the level of 1 ppm, one must consume one litre of water in order to take in 1 mg of fluoride. It is thus improbable a person will receive more than the tolerable upper limit from consuming optimally fluoridated water alone.

Fluoride consumption can exceed the tolerable upper limit when someone drinks a lot of fluoride containing water in combination with other fluoride sources, such as swallowing fluoridated toothpaste, consuming food with a high fluoride content, or consuming fluoride supplements. The use of fluoride supplements as a prevention for tooth decay is rare in areas with water fluoridation, but was recommended by many dentists in the UK until the early 1990s.

Dental fluorosis can be prevented by lowering the amount of fluoride intake to below the tolerable upper limit.

In November 2006 the American Dental Association published information stating that water fluoridation is safe, effective and healthy; that enamel fluorosis, usually mild and difficult for anyone except a dental health care professional to see, can result from ingesting more than optimal amounts of fluoride in early childhood; that it is safe to use fluoridated water to mix infant formula; and that the probability of babies developing fluorosis can be reduced by using ready-to-feed infant formula or using water that is either free of fluoride or low in fluoride to prepare powdered or liquid concentrate formula. They go on to say that the way to get the benefits of fluoride but minimize the risk of fluorosis for a child is to get the right amount of fluoride, not too much and not too little. "Your dentist, pediatrician or family physician can help you determine how to optimize your child’s fluoride intake."[20]
    The amount of people that have it is way way higher in countries that put fluoride into the water. Make of that what you will.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

If you want to speculate about environmental reasons for US retardation, you probably need not look further than the HFCS diet. Maybe with a bit of "Babyboomers got a steady diet of lead from their paint / gas" in the mix.

Thats almost on the same level as chemtrails tho, the Puritans are probably more to blame about the current mess.
    Don't get me started on HFCS, I religiously check to make sure it's not in any food I buy in the states.
    this is one of the reasons why capitalism is going to be the downfall of society

There might not have been much variety to mass-produced food in USSR but everything was made according to strict standards.
    GOST has survived the dissolution but now there is also TU which basically stands for "this was not made in a shed".

cue breadline jokes
    Last edited by RazoR; February 23 2017 at 10:53:17 PM.

Nah, soda companies should get a share of the blame though for that shit. They have a relationship with whiny groups like MADD (Mothers against drunk driving). Which aren't really anti-drunk driving so much as anti-drinking groups

This allowed them to push soda as a viable alternative to alcohol, especially in Jesus-land dry counties. Is it any surprise that jesus-land is among the fattest areas in the country?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    cue breadline jokes
    via Imgflip Meme Generator

this is one of the reasons why capitalism is going to be the downfall of society

There might not have been much variety to mass-produced food in USSR but everything was made according to strict standards.
    GOST has survived the dissolution but now there is also TU which basically stands for "this was not made in a shed".

cue breadline jokes
    what about cleaning chemicals sold for drinking?

are they covered?

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post

cue breadline jokes

are they covered?
    Tested on animals and Russians for best taste, comrade!

Last edited by Don Rumata; February 24 2017 at 02:33:13 AM.

I actually looked up relevant GOST standard, 51579-2000

http://gostexpert.ru/data/files/5157...a7ed9012ca.pdf

"External appearance: Uniform single-phase of multi-phase liquid (emulsion, suspension) without foreign additives.

Color: specific to the color of the product

Smell: specific to the smell of the product

Volume of ethyl alcohol: 0,0 - 75,0

pH: 1,2 - 8,5

Heavy metals, by weight % not to exceed: 0,002"

The strictest standards, comrade. The strictest.

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    Sean Spicer: Trump’s DOJ Will Push for “Greater Enforcement” of Federal Law in Recreational Marijuana States
    You can have my weed, when you pull it from my thc-crystal crusted claws!

The amount of people that have it is way way higher in countries that put fluoride into the water. Make of that what you will.
    Yeah, but we don't have shit teeth like most people from counties that don't add fluoride.

Shit teeth as in, not straightened or shit as in cavities? Brits being the exception since they drink way too much fucking tea and dont brush enough...

edit: relevant

Last edited by Approaching Walrus; February 24 2017 at 04:02:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post

Coming from a fluoridated background I see no problem with it
    If anything it's probably just a way to line peoples pockets by selling something useless, just wondering why we continue to do it when they gave it up in most of the EU a while ago.
    When I was in Kindergarden and gradeschool we got Fluoridepills daily.
    That's my anecdotal input.
    Last edited by Stoffl; February 24 2017 at 05:20:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by evil edna View Post

cue breadline jokes

are they covered?
    not by GOST or even TU

if you want to buy shit you buy shit, praise capitalism

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

Yeah, but we don't have shit teeth like most people from counties that don't add fluoride.
    Idk, its still a sign to be poor to have bad teeth in the US. Here due to "free" healthcare everyone can afford the dentist.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor

lol
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Lol, CNN and several other media sites banned from the white house press briefing today
    (CNN, New York Times, Buzzfeed, Politico and LA Times seems to be the complete list)
    Last edited by Armyofme; February 24 2017 at 06:45:50 PM.

phpBB : Critical Error
    Could not connect to the database

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Lol, CNN and several other media sites banned from the white house today
    well they are FAILING and FAKE so yeah, of course you'd ban them

Quote Originally Posted by Armyofme View Post
    Lol, CNN and several other media sites banned from the white house press briefing today
    That's... terrifying
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve