hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1330 of 1723 FirstFirst ... 3308301230128013201327132813291330133113321333134013801430 ... LastLast
Results 26,581 to 26,600 of 34452

Thread: Slurp Slurp Slurp [USA Politics Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Trump has now taken to calling the mainstream media "Fake Media" and "Fake News" at all times, not just in respect of specific stories.
    Honestly, do you trust the big tv news stations in the US? 'Cause i dont, some of the shit there is so absurd and some it are just lies (i mean mostly fox news, but still) that i dont trust them one bit. I dont think the times and other such print magazines are lying (on purpose), although they do have some political agenda.

I mean this is what debates are on fox. I wouldnt trust any of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Appleby View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    People have figured out what TV news Trump watches by seeing when and what he tweets because he either passes off the info as though it is coming from him (mostly Fox) or reacts angrily to stuff said against him (CNN and some others).

As a result of this people are taking out ads on those stations directly addressing Trump.

We truly life in a post-reality age.
    You mean more people than just John Oliver did that?

Tapapapatalk
    Yes, the one I saw was some veteran group asking Trump not to repeal Obama care but there have been others I have heard reported by haven't directly watched.
    What a fucking time to be alive.
    meh

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    w0lf is completing his metamorphosis into cpl_fisher I see

You havnt answered my question. Would you trust news stations such as fox news?

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    "Trust" isnt a black and white concept. There is useful information and analysis even on fox news. I never take any information from a single source without a pinch of salt sized proportionately to the outlandishness (and ideological convenience) of the claim.

People going "[CNN] exaggerated or miscast this event this one time so everything they say is a lie and can be discarded" are utter retards. That's only really true of places like Brietbart that deliberately peddle misinformation as their primary purpose.

"Trust" isnt a black and white concept. There is useful information and analysis even on fox news. I never take any information from a single source without a pinch of salt sized proportionately to the outlandishness (and ideological convenience) of the claim.

People going "[CNN] exaggerated or miscast this event this one time so everything they say is a lie and can be discarded" are utter retards. That's only really true of places like Brietbart that deliberately peddle misinformation as their primary purpose.
    Thats just an excuse m8. You still didnt answer the question. Look, im not saying Trump is right, but the news in the US (and the uk tbh) are dreadfull. They are full of bias and they will straight up lie to their audience, knowing full well that they are lying. They are extremely 2 sided, one news site will present the news in a way that makes the left (broadly speaking) look good and what they want look good, the other site will make the right and what they stand for look good. There are very little truely independant news left in the US or the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

CNN had to apologise twice for editing footage to give a completely false slant to the story. All the media is happy to peddle lies when it suits them. Breitbart simply refuses to apologise when they get caught out.

On Fox:
    You can trust them specifically because they are biased a certain way. Also, Fox has been caught fucking up a few times. They are pretty careful about what they actually report these days. It's pretty easy to filter fake stories, which as I've said, I personally think Fox, at least the main cable channel, remember, Fox is much, much bigger than just that channel, has been doing a good job in truthyness recently. Just don't watch the opinion shows.
    meh

I think Fox's most notable recent blunder was immediately jumping to the 'Canda Mosque Shooter is an Arab Muslim' conclusion and it turned out to be a white racist

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    Step 1. Accuse media of spreading "fake news"
    Step 2. Leak actual fake news to said media.
    Step 3. Профит!
    Last edited by Don Rumata; February 17 2017 at 04:08:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I think Fox's most notable recent blunder was immediately jumping to the 'Canda Mosque Shooter is an Arab Muslim' conclusion and it turned out to be a white racist
    That's a good point, and it perfectly illustrates the bias you can trust.

I also think part of the issue we're seeing at the moment is you are having a bit of a real time shift in some of the biases of some news orgs as they adjust their ships in response to Trump.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post

I also think part of the issue we're seeing at the moment is you are having a bit of a real time shift in some of the biases of some news orgs as they adjust their ships in response to Trump.
    But thats horrible news then, if you have to "trust the bias" to get a picture. I mean, how fucked up is that?

But thats horrible news then, if you have to "trust the bias" to get a picture. I mean, how fucked up is that?
    That's every bit of news reporting ever. You always have to understand the bias to be able to get good info out of things, otherwise you're just blindly following like a muppet. That goes for news everywhere, even in your precious germany.

I can't believe we have to keep mentioning this every few pages, jesus christ.

You have to fucking know the bias and read everything that comes from the source with that bias in mind, the more open the publication is about its bias the better.

No, you are misunderstanding me. There is a difference between event reporting (news), analysis (opinion) and stupid shit like Hannity which is entertainment for political junkies.

Even watching stuff like Hannity and listening to stuff like some of the more extreme talk radio in the states is useful to understand what the other side are thinking. Some of this is even quite serious, and needs to be listened to because they are relatively influential. Getting unbiased news about things is easy. Events happen, and there is usually no problem verifying the event.

Whodunnit and why is much, much, much more difficult to prove, etc and that is where you need to really understand biases and slants to get a clear picture.

Your press works this way too. It's not even the most extreme example of it. In my experience, the press in the UK is much more biased, but steady in those biases. They are a well understood part of the fabric of the U.K media. You can rely on it. It's no different in the U.S and the news is much bigger than the cable channels, they just have the biggest megaphone.
    meh

are people seriously surprised that w0lf autistraven doesn't understand the basic communication skill of interpreting info through the filter of the sources' bias. it's something you do every day when talking to people in your life, let alone watching news media ffs

Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    are people seriously surprised that w0lf autistraven doesn't understand the basic communication skill of interpreting info through the filter of the sources' bias. it's something you do every day when talking to people in your life, let alone watching news media ffs
    Go be a dick somewhere else.

RIP Xenosisreaper 04.11.2015

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Shiodome View Post
    Yet you guys are still too afraid to watch sources like Breitbart or InfoWars.

Weak.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack