hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2191 of 2526 FirstFirst ... 119116912091214121812188218921902191219221932194220122412291 ... LastLast
Results 43,801 to 43,820 of 50507

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I only hold max in regard as a critique of capitalism tbh.

I lean more towards bookchin and Co on alternative models. The biggest obstacle however is moderates think capitalism is 'good' and Marx is pretty important in developing an understanding of the injustices and contradictions.
    Capitalism is good. Nothing else has created the same competitive atmosphere that allows innovation to flourish except war.
    What?

The old Greeks and Romans and the enlightenmen want to have a word with you, to name a few.

Uh, weren't those capitalist societies?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    I only hold max in regard as a critique of capitalism tbh.

I lean more towards bookchin and Co on alternative models. The biggest obstacle however is moderates think capitalism is 'good' and Marx is pretty important in developing an understanding of the injustices and contradictions.
    Capitalism is good. Nothing else has created the same competitive atmosphere that allows innovation to flourish except war.
    What?

The old Greeks and Romans and the enlightenmen want to have a word with you, to name a few.
    Wait, did you just name a society driven on perpetual expansionist war and slavery in response?

He did say 'except war' ya know.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Uh, weren't those capitalist societies?
    Class warfare isn't unique to capitalism, all hitherto history etc etc
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

It is an interesting thought that the reason why war and capitalism both correlate with significant technological advancement for our species is because they both create the competition and misery necessary for rapid chains of innovation.

Capital is intrinsic in war. Weird comparison like comparing wheat and loafs of bread.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    It is an interesting thought that the reason why war and capitalism both correlate with significant technological advancement for our species is because they both create the competition and misery necessary for rapid chains of innovation.
    I'm not sure I see a connection between their creating misery and the innovation. Competition is obvious. The threat of not succeeding is inherent in that. Communism resulted in massive amounts of misery and ultimately failed.

I also wonder why you conclude capitalism creates misery rather than suppose misery is always present. Is there a society, a system, or a time that had none? Obviously war ramps it up massively but it's less obvious to me that capitalism does anything like that.

I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

"Innovation can't happen unless wage slaves live in shantytowns"

wew fucking lad

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    I'm not sure I see a connection between their creating misery and the innovation. Competition is obvious. The threat of not succeeding is inherent in that. Communism resulted in massive amounts of misery and ultimately failed.

I also wonder why you conclude capitalism creates misery rather than suppose misery is always present. Is there a society, a system, or a time that had none? Obviously war ramps it up massively but it's less obvious to me that capitalism does anything like that.

I mean, I get what you're *trying* to say, but the ways you just have to find to protect glorious capitalism from any criticism are amazing.

But then this whole last page... guys get a grip christ.
    Last edited by Isyel; January 6 2018 at 11:36:32 PM.

"The First Truth is that all life is suffering, pain, and misery." - the Buddha
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

The Second Truth is that Greed is Good.

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    meh

The endless indoctrination of why Capitalism is Good is a problem. Not that it hasn't been good, but it gets all the credit and none of the blame.

The endless indoctrination of why Capitalism is Good is a problem. Not that it hasn't been good, but it gets all the credit and none of the blame.
    You can't be serious.

You can't be serious.
    Well it certainly doesn't get much from you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    You can't be serious.
    Well it certainly doesn't get much from you.
    Responding to someone ragging on it? Really? You people have some kind of mental deficiency where you can do nothing but bandwagon.

Might be confusing the Four Noble Truths with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. It is a common mistake.

Might be confusing the Four Noble Truths with the Ferengi Rules of Acquisition. It is a common mistake.
    It's one of the Classic Blunders.

Last edited by Lachesis VII; January 7 2018 at 03:38:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

Land Wars. Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Lachesis VII View Post

I see what you did there.