hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2182 of 2360 FirstFirst ... 118216822082213221722179218021812182218321842185219222322282 ... LastLast
Results 43,621 to 43,640 of 47195

Thread: USA Politics Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Can the Pres even sue for that?
    Of course not. If these types of lawsuits were legally feasible, Obama would be the richest person in the universe from all the settlements.

This is just Trump's lawyer (who was a lawyer for Hulk Hogan) trying to keep his client happy.

Can the Pres even sue for that? Dosen't the first amendment work against him in this sense legally? The standard for libel against a politician is astronomical right?
    Apparently he makes everyone who works for him sign an insanely restrictive NDA that's basically "Don't do or say anything I don't like ever".

I rather hope he tries to enforce it in court, because there are two possible outcomes, both delicious:

1: Bannon fights in in court, loses, and is bankrupted and silenced.

2: Bannon fights it in court, wins, and the floodgates open as everyone that ever worked for Trump scurries to the nearest journalist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keieueue View Post
    I love Malcanis!

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Can the Pres even sue for that? Dosen't the first amendment work against him in this sense legally? The standard for libel against a politician is astronomical right?
    Apparently he makes everyone who works for him sign an insanely restrictive NDA that's basically "Don't do or say anything I don't like ever".

I rather hope he tries to enforce it in court, because there are two possible outcomes, both delicious:

1: Bannon fights in in court, loses, and is bankrupted and silenced.

2: Bannon fights it in court, wins, and the floodgates open as everyone that ever worked for Trump scurries to the nearest journalist.
    Surely he's now a public official so whistle-blower provisions apply, I mean the US has those, right? /jk

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    This is just Trump's lawyer (who was a lawyer for Hulk Hogan Peter Thiel) trying to keep his client happy.

It doesn't matter. Trump was just a low level staffer who had very little to do with the campaign.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Trump has dissolved his voter fraud commission
    You should have posted the actual announcement:

Basically, a bunch of states responded with "LOL, fuck off"
    Rather than work with the data they did receive, or admit that the received data was useless to their objectives, they decide to blame the opposition. NEVER ADMIT DEFEAT!
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

"Lordy, I hope there are tapes..."

https://www.axios.com/how-michael-wo...522360813.html

* How could Wolff possibly know for sure what Steve Bannon and the late Roger Ailes said at a private dinner?
    * It turns out Wolff hosted the dinner for six at his Manhattan townhouse.
    kek
    meh

Time to listen to The Bloodhound Gang again!

Oh and apparently the real reason the Voter Fraud commission was dissolved was because one of the few Democrats on the commission, having requested and been refused access to the information that was gathered, went to court to get it, and won his case. Rather than give him the info, the commission dissolved.
    I love Malcanis!

Shamelessly stolen from Reddit:

"Publisher if the Wolff's book to take it to the next level: "Fire & Fury"(Audiobook) as read by Hillary Clinton."

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Trump has dissolved his voter fraud commission
    You should have posted the actual announcement:

Basically, a bunch of states responded with "LOL, fuck off"
    Rather than work with the data they did receive, or admit that the received data was useless to their objectives, they decide to blame the opposition. NEVER ADMIT DEFEAT!
    They wanted to know the voting history of everyone. To which the states said get fucked.

Yeah I know, but they did collate some information (some GOP states collaborated, and there was a fair amount of freely available info) but I can't resist the temptation to infer that that the data that was accumulated simply didn't support the pre-conceived goal of the commission.
    I love Malcanis!

Donor
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Yeah I know, but they did collate some information (some GOP states collaborated, and there was a fair amount of freely available info) but I can't resist the temptation to infer that that the data that was accumulated simply didn't support the pre-conceived goal of the commission.
    The "massive voter fraud" should be an investigation on whether dead people and fake people voted. As well as whether people voted twice which as far as I'm aware totals about 10 and they all voted for Trump twice or more to counter the massive voter fraud of democrats.

edit: I assume after they assaulted the teenage staff of a pizzaria looking for a child sex racket in a basement that doesn't exist.
    Last edited by Tellenta; January 4 2018 at 05:37:14 PM.

It is so fucking hilarious to me watching all the trumpettes downplay Bannon's role now it turns out Trump doesn't like him, when six months ago T_D was covered in posts about how Bannon was the vanguard of a new generation.

I know this is their game - live in the moment and never admit defeat - but do they never, ever stop and think about what they said weeks before?
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    It is so fucking hilarious to me watching all the trumpettes downplay Bannon's role now it turns out Trump doesn't like him, when six months ago T_D was covered in posts about how Bannon was the vanguard of a new generation.

I know this is their game - live in the moment and never admit defeat - but do they never, ever stop and think about what they said weeks before?
    no

I know you don't, but you're special.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

I know you don't, but you're special.
    Nah he’s your average trump dick rider they are all brain damaged.

The Hill: Bannon wanted to dismiss the book and call Trump Jr. a "patriot", but then Trump went nuclear on him and Bannon retracted the statement.

http://thehill.com/homenews/administ...ed-after-trump