hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2185 of 2221 FirstFirst ... 1185168520852135217521822183218421852186218721882195 ... LastLast
Results 43,681 to 43,700 of 44416

Thread: I am not a [USA Politics Thread], I'm the least [USA Politics] you've ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    IIRC the Democrats aren't the party that's spent the last 2 generations yammering on about states rights.
    Sure they are. They just yammer about it when it's issues they support. Just like the Republicans.

With Trump in charge the Dems have been citing States Rights almost incessantly since election day, on a myriad of issues. Something I fully expect to continue till Trump is impeached.

Trying to portray American Democrats as somehow less political, more consistent, more moral and less hypocritical is pretty funny.
    I'm going to try to find something.

It is a list of issues that Republicans were against when Obama was in power and they were Obama policies vs their viewpoints on those same policies when they became Republican policies.

It was a very very long list. I saw it about a year ago on Reddit so it might take me some time to find it but I'm p.sure I have it saved.
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Falling
    2/10/17 Greatposthellpurge never forget
    23/10/17 The Greatreposteninging ?

in

line

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post
    IIRC the Democrats aren't the party that's spent the last 2 generations yammering on about states rights.
    Sure they are. They just yammer about it when it's issues they support. Just like the Republicans.

With Trump in charge the Dems have been citing States Rights almost incessantly since election day, on a myriad of issues. Something I fully expect to continue till Trump is impeached.

Trying to portray American Democrats as somehow less political, more consistent, more moral and less hypocritical is pretty funny.

It is a list of issues that Republicans were against when Obama was in power and they were Obama policies vs their viewpoints on those same policies when they became Republican policies.

It was a very very long list. I saw it about a year ago on Reddit so it might take me some time to find it but I'm p.sure I have it saved.
    https://np.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHum...49&st=J8PCXU38

Yeah, no, the moral "flexibility" of christian conservatives in this country is pretty special, world wide. The Dems don't even come close to the hypocrisy on display there.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    So you're saying the Republicans are better in these aspects? Because that is hilarious.
    For someone who so constantly complains that others do not understand him, you certainly take almost no effort to understand others mate.

No, I am not saying "Repulicans are better". What I am saying should, with a tiny amount of effort, be rather clear since I've been saying it for literally years here....

Politicians, right and left, in America are generally equally hypocritical, ideological and self-interested in making their political arguments depending on the issue, and their position on it, and they use near on the exact same arguments as each other depending on which way the issue wind is blowing at a given moment.

Today, it serves Dems to cry States Rights. When they're in charge, it serves them to decry States Rights. Vice versa for Republicans.

Trust the rhetorical vomit of neither is always the best choice.

Sometimes you have to be a bit of a cunt and just fucking look after yourself.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    In any event, Sessions will find that this is a poor target, and will not end well for him. I hope he pushes it, and I hope it goes to court, and I hope the Courts do what they have long done, and fix something our shitsucked congress refuses to fix.
    Courts have repeatedly said that it's not their job to create policy, that's the duty of the legislative and executive branches. Courts have been content to only interpret the intentions of the aforementioned.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    In any event, Sessions will find that this is a poor target, and will not end well for him. I hope he pushes it, and I hope it goes to court, and I hope the Courts do what they have long done, and fix something our shitsucked congress refuses to fix.
    Courts have repeatedly said that it's not their job to create policy, that's the duty of the legislative and executive branches. Courts have been content to only interpret the intentions of the aforementioned.
    Quite right, the real solution is legislation to legalize (or at the minimum decriminalize) pot.

Sadly, the system is far too dysfunctional for that to happen.

the real solution is legislation to legalize (or at the minimum decriminalize) pot.
    The REAL solution is creating a socioeconomic environment where people have a life thats so appreciable that they prefer being sober over drug influenced perception.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post
    the real solution is legislation to legalize (or at the minimum decriminalize) pot.
    The REAL solution is creating a socioeconomic environment where people have a life thats so appreciable that they prefer being sober over drug influenced perception.
    Implying that wealthy, happy people don't drink or do recreational drugs, right?

It's not my (or your) place to make moral judgement on others choice of entertainment, long as they don't hurt anyone in doing it (drunk/high driving, crimes, etc).

if one wants to have a drink, or a smoke, who the ever living fuck are you to tell them they shouldn't?

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quite right, the real solution is legislation to legalize (or at the minimum decriminalize) pot.

Sadly, the system is far too dysfunctional for that to happen.
    Not so. In the states where pot is now legal (for recreational and/or medicinal purposes) they did so through legal means. There has been no constitutional challenge to the means by which these states did this. At least on the state level, the system wasn't too dysfunctional to arrange for this to happen.

The strange situation is that other states, and the federal government, still consider pot illegal. Obama dealt with this by focussing federal law enforcement on the federal level. I.e., making sure that legal pot doesn't flow into states where it is legal (or to children, BTW). Within the federal legal system, this was a sensible approach.

After all, states are allowed to make and enact state and local law, and the federal government is supposed to act/enforce on the federal level.

What Sessions (and thus Trump) is proposing to do is enforce federal law in areas of where the states are allowed to make law. I.e., flood states who've legalised pot with federal agents.

This is a clear power grab by the federal government, that can, will, and should be challenged in a (federal) court of law. Where it may well be declared as such, if not unconstitutional.

Listen, if (parts of) Texas is allowed to legally ban Darwinism from state school curricula by state and/or local law, without the federal government allowed to do something against it; Arizona should be allowed to legalise pot, without the federal government trying to circumvent state law by direct intervention. If that example doesn't work for you, how about abortion?

The point is that the whole state and federal law distinction, while pretty silly, is in the constitution. The Republicans have been using this at nauseam for their purposes for decades. Constantly rubbing it in that it is: constitutional. But now the shoe is on the other foot, they're infinitely willing to send in federal agents to stop it.

If any party has been hypocritical about this, it is the Republicans. But hey, what else is new ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

More turbo-lightspeed neoliberal platitudes/virtue signaling/misplaced priorities on full display.
    So you're saying the Republicans are better in these aspects? Because that is hilarious.
    For someone who so constantly complains that others do not understand him, you certainly take almost no effort to understand others mate.

No, I am not saying "Repulicans are better". What I am saying should, with a tiny amount of effort, be rather clear since I've been saying it for literally years here....

Politicians, right and left, in America are generally equally hypocritical, ideological and self-interested in making their political arguments depending on the issue, and their position on it, and they use near on the exact same arguments as each other depending on which way the issue wind is blowing at a given moment.

Today, it serves Dems to cry States Rights. When they're in charge, it serves them to decry States Rights. Vice versa for Republicans.

Literally all you do is cry about le poor oppressed republicans m8

Quote Originally Posted by XenosisMk4 View Post

A feeling of being 'oppressed' is a prerequisite of being a republican in the US these days, isn't it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Zekk Pacus View Post

https://np.reddit.com/r/PoliticalHum...49&st=J8PCXU38
    I like this new Xeno
    'I'm pro life. I'm a non-smoker. I'm a pro-life non-smoker. WOO, Let the party begin!'

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post

A feeling of being 'oppressed' is a prerequisite of being a republican in the US these days, isn't it?
    It's how the right play the underdog and hide behind it when people call them shitters

You seem to be unable to grasp that Alistair calls both Reps and Dems shitters. No wonder you can't get the nuance, you guys might wanna look around outside your sociopolitical echo chamber and smell the roses.

once again inb4 Alistair is literally worse than Hitler.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    You seem to be unable to grasp that Alistair calls both Reps and Dems shitters. No wonder you can't get the nuance, you guys might wanna look around outside your sociopolitical echo chamber and smell the roses.

No we get that.

The "both are just as bad" is dumb and we've talked about the reasons why it's dumb forever. It's about trying to drag the other side down when you realize your side of choice is full of shitters.

And no, democrats while colossal shitters are NOT nearly as hypocritical or outright bullshitting cunts working against their own base they lie to constantly as the Republicans, and there Is shit tons of proof showing that.

Alistair responds to most things with whataboutism and victimhood, straight from the republican playbook. Hence the ridicule.
    Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Isyel; January 5 2018 at 03:43:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post

technically correct, completely missing the bit where Alistair has spent 5+ years on FHC whinging everytime somebody calls Reps dumb and celebrating whenever the Dems do something dumb.

I can find both parties reprehensible but still have a clear enough mind that one of them worse than the other in various aspects.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.