hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2213 of 2213 FirstFirst ... 121317132113216322032210221122122213
Results 44,241 to 44,251 of 44251

Thread: I am not a [USA Politics Thread], I'm the least [USA Politics] you've ever seen.

The cognitive test that was used to test Trump's cognitive abilities:

http://dementia.ie/images/uploads/si...nglish_7_1.pdf

Hard but possible!

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Of course it has no hope of passing, but given your view, it sounds like you'd support it, right? Less "Red State" burden, more money for real Californians, and another example that Red States don't work, right?

Win/Win for Progressives.
    Their stupid ass map includes Santa Clara county, which is my home, for some reason (money), even though 80% think they are stupid, so no. Liek I said, if they don't like it here, they can sell their houses and move somewhere else and enjoy all that tax free living they want so much.
    Sounds fine to me, as long as you're consistent.

Re: Homeless
    Like I said, it's on the news here daily, and just about every homeless person they interview is from somewhere else and came here so they wouldn't starve because you know what, we do feed them.
    Noble. What confuses me is your hostility towards the non-Cali-native homeless and hungry. What does it matter where they're from if they're in need, right? Be it Mexico (of which Cali has more than it's fair share) or Georgia, you want to help them and feed them, right?
    I have no hostility to them. They are victims of people I am hostile to.
    Fair enough, sure sounded to me like hostility.

I'm curious, are you as hostile towards say, El Salvador, as you are towards Georgia, given both (per your claim re: Georgia) are sending their poor to your state?

It's OK. At least we don't vote for a party who put politics above pedophilia because we are ethically and morally defective selfish assholes who vote that way and pass the buck to Jesus so they don't have to face the truth they are people the world would be better off without.
    Lol, no, just rapists and serial sex abusers of women.
    The difference here is that the dems pretty uniformly condemned the perps and forced them to quit.
    They did?

Last I looked Bill Clinton never was forced to quit, nor was Ted, nor have a number of current Democrats as yet. The big name so far was the Comedian, a rather obvious calculated political move made beause of the Moore candidacy.

But you've been very clear, when the time comes (and you hope it does) when Republicans are lined up and shot for their beliefs, you want to be in the front of the line of men holding the rifles. We get it man, world better off without anyone right of the Clintons.
    The Clinton's aren't exactly left m8. I hope Trump gets his wall. It gives us a handy one later.
    Message received. Anyone to the right of Bernie Sanders then get the bullet, and you'll be happy to be the one to deliver it.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post
    Sometimes you have to be a bit of a cunt and just fucking look after yourself.

I'm curious, are you as hostile towards say, El Salvador
    An interesting choice, considering that the US greatly contributed to that countries misery.
    meh

I hear Jeff Flake is something so rare as a Republican with some backbone.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/17/po...ech/index.html

Quote Originally Posted by Caldrion Dosto View Post
    I hear Jeff Flake is something so rare as a Republican with some backbone.
    http://edition.cnn.com/2018/01/17/po...ech/index.html
    Talk is cheap.

He's in a position where he can actually act. He has thus far chosen not to do so.
    Totally not Victoria Stecker forgetting his password and not having access to his work email.

Flake is declining to run again. Only republicans on the way out speak so clearly against trump.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Flake is declining to run again. Only republicans on the way out speak so clearly against trump.
    Proof of cowardice. Just like Matt Taibbi said, the Republicans have no qualms coalescing in true Soviet style around a once-despised cabinet member who now leads the nation.

Speaking of Taibbi, his latest column: https://www.rollingstone.com/politic...d-fury-w515359

Fire and Fury is really two books rolled into one. The first is a compelling nonfiction book about the intellectual divide in the modern right, as candidly hashed out to Wolff by influential figures like Steve Bannon and Roger Ailes and (seemingly?) Rupert Murdoch.

The second is a Primary Colors-style novel about what goes on behind various closed doors in the Trump White House, based on a few bits and pieces of fact, which are offset by mountains of eye-rollingly insupportable supposition, spiced with occasional stretches of believable analysis.

There is considerable debate in the media world, on both the left and the right, about the value of this book (even I've gone back and forth on it). In the end, I think it's like a piece of moldy rye bread you have to cut around the hairily sourced parts to keep from getting poisoned. But on a broad level, there is something to dig into.

Reading the book, there are at least a few real points about Trump that shine through:

1) Trump has almost no ideological convictions and is motivated almost entirely by the classic narcissistic value equation, i.e. how much praise or scorn he gets on a second-to-second basis, from whom, and why. Had he not run as a Republican and in particular won on a platform scripted by a nationalist true believer like Bannon he might very well by now have been pushed into a completely different kind of presidency. Trump wants so badly to be liked that, especially with the influence of Kushner and Ivanka, he might easily have allowed his White House to drift back toward his original politics, which (as New Yorkers and furious conservatives alike will clearly remember) was once squarely in the Bob Rubin rich-guy sort-of Democrat mold.

2) However, as Bannon points out in the book correctly Trump by now is so firmly entrenched in the consciousness of America's intellectual elite as a villain that he will never be accepted by that crowd. The constant battering Trump gets from the press, especially, ensures that he will continue to lash out at them, forcing him continually to tack back to the only people who still like him Bannon's angry-man followers. This despite the fact that what Trump clearly craves is, instead, the approval of members of his own class.

3) The result is an insane paradox of an America led by a doomed and trapped psyche. This is a president who in another era might have been confined to the impact of an ordinary bad commander-in-chief (we've had many), i.e., sedated and/or scripted in public, and kept on the golf course the rest of the time while the empire runs on the dreary autopilot of donors, P.R. flacks and military advisers.

Instead, we get a leader whose most dangerous moments come during his ever-expanding calendar of hyper-tweeting downtime (incidentally, is anything more certain than the term "executive time" replacing "taking my talents to South beach" as this generation's euphemism for masturbation?). All those crazed Trump tweets guarantee an endless cycle of paranoia and rebuke and a permanently paralyzed White House.

Anyway, it's a fascinating book. But too long for most people in the Internet age to actually read.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

too long for most people in the Internet age to actually read.

Quote Originally Posted by Don Rumata View Post
    too long for most people in the Internet age to actually read.
    Jokes on him (I'm reading it).

Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Do you even lift? Do you even post.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Ass ass ass.

So the fakenews awards crashed GOP website because of so much traffic lol

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

Maybe it's up now

Quote Originally Posted by Smarnca View Post
    So the fakenews awards crashed GOP website because of so much traffic lol

https://gop.com/the-highly-anticipat...e-news-awards/

Maybe it's up now
    You mean the "news that I do not agree with" awards.

Now bad@botes