hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 994 of 2129 FirstFirst ... 49489494498499199299399499599699710041044109414941994 ... LastLast
Results 19,861 to 19,880 of 42567

Thread: Orange Pawn [USA Politics Thread]

  1. #19861

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    3,420
    Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    ve
    Sromg information bias there mate. You say you dont know FSB etc etc
    You cant prove or deny russia was involved!



    Enoy your bubble
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post

    This is basically an argument from ignorance; I don't know but Russia must surely have been involved since they hate us and our free elections.

    The fuck did i do? I just summed up what my current knowledge on the matter was, I didnt give indication of my opinion on whether Russia was involved on any official level, an opinion which wouldnt matter anyways.

    Is everyone on here high 24/7?

  2. #19862
    FatFreddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    14,076
    no, but its sacul and rakshwarma you engaged with, so yes
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

    M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

  3. #19863
    The Pube Whisperer Maximillian's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    3,640
    I find the whole 70% didn't vote for someone argument strange because, if those people who didn't vote were somehow forced to vote, how do you know who they'd vote for? You obviously can show poles but then we now just how accurate the poles have been lately.

    What you can look at is the fact that slightly more of the people who did vote voted for the loser but due to geographical concentration and the electoral college system their votes counted less than other votes.

    I suspect that most people realise that the Russians or a foreign power were behind the WikiLeaks documents. But in many ways that was an own goal by the Democrats. After all the whole private email sever thing showed that one Candidate had preferred secrecy over security. And many enjoyed the whole "if you have nothing to hide you have nothing to fear" BS used to intrude on the citizens' privacy bitting the politicians in the arse. No one has claimed that the WikiLeaks documents weren't legitimate, so whining that Russia hacked them doesn't change the impact those documents had on the election.

    Plus finally Cyber security might be taken seriously?

    Also it is funny seeing the USA so upset that foreign powers dared to interfere in it's elections (ignoring all the foreign donations and lobbying which is fine) when the USA has interfered in so many foreign elections itself.

  4. #19864
    Steph's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Canadia
    Posts
    9,251
    Quote Originally Posted by Lilalaunebör View Post
    The fuck did i do?
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

  5. #19865
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    WP doesn't really have much in terms of credibility left when it comes to reporting on politics.

    Instead of vague claims about knowing 'people' connected to Russia doing the hacking, how about they actually provide some real details?
    You're right. Let's wait until Breitbart reports it. We're in a post-truth world so only people who were post truth before it was cool can comment.

    Someone pointed this out to me a few weeks ago. With people talking about fake news on Facebook, mainly politically motivated faking or anything aimed at generating clicks and therefore ad revenue it wouldn't be long before people started saying some of the most reputable newspapers in the world can't be trusted. Now you just believe what you want. WaPo, NYT and the LAT are all well respected with their biases pretty well known from an academic perspective. And by that I mean they've been studied, and peer reviewed. Their journalistic processes are known, and their editors tested for standards by third parties. But sure, they're as trustworthy as the National Enquirer.

    If I didn't know there were people like this who exist I'd be thinking FHC is a target of Russian guerrilla marketing/campaigning.
    Pretty sure we're in the post-truth era because of the traditional news organizations fucking up, not despite their excellent record of reporting.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  6. #19866
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,101
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

    Also it is funny seeing the USA so upset that foreign powers dared to interfere in it's elections (ignoring all the foreign donations and lobbying which is fine) when the USA has interfered in so many foreign elections itself.
    A lot of my friends (from not America) have said this to me, and I have to keep reminding them, that while it might be an amusing study in an ironic lack of capacity for introspection, its also a very dangerous game to be playing, because most of the interferees in those cases, aren't capable of anywhere near the amount of sheer destruction the U.S. is capable of unleashing if it gets pissed off about it.
    meh

  7. #19867
    Movember 2011 RazoR's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    The Motherland
    Posts
    27,676
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

    Also it is funny seeing the USA so upset that foreign powers dared to interfere in it's elections (ignoring all the foreign donations and lobbying which is fine) when the USA has interfered in so many foreign elections itself.
    A lot of my friends (from not America) have said this to me, and I have to keep reminding them, that while it might be an amusing study in an ironic lack of capacity for introspection, its also a very dangerous game to be playing, because most of the interferees in those cases, aren't capable of anywhere near the amount of sheer destruction the U.S. is capable of unleashing if it gets pissed off about it.
    mate pls

    RVSN is probably the only part of russian armed forces that has never dipped in capacity since union done goofed.

  8. #19868
    Donor erichkknaar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    9,101
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post

    Also it is funny seeing the USA so upset that foreign powers dared to interfere in it's elections (ignoring all the foreign donations and lobbying which is fine) when the USA has interfered in so many foreign elections itself.
    A lot of my friends (from not America) have said this to me, and I have to keep reminding them, that while it might be an amusing study in an ironic lack of capacity for introspection, its also a very dangerous game to be playing, because most of the interferees in those cases, aren't capable of anywhere near the amount of sheer destruction the U.S. is capable of unleashing if it gets pissed off about it.
    mate pls

    RVSN is probably the only part of russian armed forces that has never dipped in capacity since union done goofed.
    This has less to do with an armed forces pissing contest and a lot more to do with how clumsy Americans are.
    meh

  9. #19869
    Movember 2012 I Legionnaire's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    1,618
    Who do we hate more? Russians, or Liberals? At least that old bitch with ties to Wall Street didn't win!



    HAHAHAHAHA, holy shit I need a drink.




    I feel like I'm living in the opening chapters of a Tom Clancy novel.

  10. #19870
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,474
    Quote Originally Posted by FatFreddy View Post
    upper right, "relevance of marxism today"


    me: collective l o l
    Soon all your lolz will be collectivized and distributed for the common good, comrade. As was done back in the golden years:


    (Uzbekian farmer sowing for the lolz, ca 1929)

  11. #19871
    Donor Sparq's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11, 2011
    Location
    Strayastan
    Posts
    8,811
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Because we are all disgusting petit bourgeoisie.
    stop size-shaming my bourgeoisie-ity

    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    RVSN is probably the only part of russian armed forces that has never dipped in capacity since union done goofed.
    that's all well and good, until Uncle Sam stuxnets your state butter churns.

  12. #19872
    W0lf Crendraven's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 27, 2012
    Location
    The United
    Posts
    8,970
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    I see you have read nietzsche's little known work "beyond boobs and butts".

  13. #19873
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    8,474
    41 days until inauguration


  14. #19874
    Lana Torrin's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Location
    Bonding around
    Posts
    18,001
    Quote Originally Posted by quarky View Post
    The good part of the WaPo article left out:

    "By mid-September, White House officials had decided it was time to take that step, but they worried that doing so unilaterally and without bipartisan congressional backing just weeks before the election would make Obama vulnerable to charges that he was using intelligence for political purposes.

    Instead, officials devised a plan to seek bipartisan support from top lawmakers and set up a secret meeting with the Gang of 12 — a group that includes House and Senate leaders, as well as the chairmen and ranking members of both chambers’ committees on intelligence and homeland security.

    Obama dispatched Monaco, FBI Director James B. Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson to make the pitch for a “show of solidarity and bipartisan unity” against Russian interference in the election, according to a senior administration official.

    ...
    The Democratic leaders in the room unanimously agreed on the need to take the threat seriously. Republicans, however, were divided, with at least two GOP lawmakers reluctant to accede to the White House requests.

    According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan."
    So taking the leap of faith that this did happen and its not just more made up shit (not saying either way), what would this say about the Republicans? That they don't trust their own intelligence agency? They give no shits about a foreign country dicking with the american people? They are happy to deal with anyone and help cover it up as long as they get something out of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

  15. #19875
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quarky View Post
    The good part of the WaPo article left out:

    "By mid-September, White House officials had decided it was time to take that step, but they worried that doing so unilaterally and without bipartisan congressional backing just weeks before the election would make Obama vulnerable to charges that he was using intelligence for political purposes.

    Instead, officials devised a plan to seek bipartisan support from top lawmakers and set up a secret meeting with the Gang of 12 — a group that includes House and Senate leaders, as well as the chairmen and ranking members of both chambers’ committees on intelligence and homeland security.

    Obama dispatched Monaco, FBI Director James B. Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson to make the pitch for a “show of solidarity and bipartisan unity” against Russian interference in the election, according to a senior administration official.

    ...
    The Democratic leaders in the room unanimously agreed on the need to take the threat seriously. Republicans, however, were divided, with at least two GOP lawmakers reluctant to accede to the White House requests.

    According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan."
    So taking the leap of faith that this did happen and its not just more made up shit (not saying either way), what would this say about the Republicans? That they don't trust their own intelligence agency? They give no shits about a foreign country dicking with the american people? They are happy to deal with anyone and help cover it up as long as they get something out of it?
    Republicans are well known for their ability to consider facts as partisan politics. For example Michigan has a republican government, when the Flint water crisis (lead in the water) was kicking off they viewed the existence of lead in the water as partisan politics and attacked the people who were giving them the reports.

    There is a reason I can't vote republican, that is one of them.

  16. #19876
    Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Posts
    8,493
    Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by quarky View Post
    The good part of the WaPo article left out:

    "By mid-September, White House officials had decided it was time to take that step, but they worried that doing so unilaterally and without bipartisan congressional backing just weeks before the election would make Obama vulnerable to charges that he was using intelligence for political purposes.

    Instead, officials devised a plan to seek bipartisan support from top lawmakers and set up a secret meeting with the Gang of 12 — a group that includes House and Senate leaders, as well as the chairmen and ranking members of both chambers’ committees on intelligence and homeland security.

    Obama dispatched Monaco, FBI Director James B. Comey and Homeland Security Secretary Jeh Johnson to make the pitch for a “show of solidarity and bipartisan unity” against Russian interference in the election, according to a senior administration official.

    ...
    The Democratic leaders in the room unanimously agreed on the need to take the threat seriously. Republicans, however, were divided, with at least two GOP lawmakers reluctant to accede to the White House requests.

    According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan."
    So taking the leap of faith that this did happen and its not just more made up shit (not saying either way), what would this say about the Republicans? That they don't trust their own intelligence agency? They give no shits about a foreign country dicking with the american people? They are happy to deal with anyone and help cover it up as long as they get something out of it?
    It says that McConnell is a faggot. He's been leading the obstruction of Obama ever since he took office, famously remarking that Congress's number one priority was to make sure Obama stays a one-term president.
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

  17. #19877

    Join Date
    November 5, 2011
    Posts
    9,188
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    WP doesn't really have much in terms of credibility left when it comes to reporting on politics.

    Instead of vague claims about knowing 'people' connected to Russia doing the hacking, how about they actually provide some real details?
    You're right. Let's wait until Breitbart reports it. We're in a post-truth world so only people who were post truth before it was cool can comment.

    Someone pointed this out to me a few weeks ago. With people talking about fake news on Facebook, mainly politically motivated faking or anything aimed at generating clicks and therefore ad revenue it wouldn't be long before people started saying some of the most reputable newspapers in the world can't be trusted. Now you just believe what you want. WaPo, NYT and the LAT are all well respected with their biases pretty well known from an academic perspective. And by that I mean they've been studied, and peer reviewed. Their journalistic processes are known, and their editors tested for standards by third parties. But sure, they're as trustworthy as the National Enquirer.

    If I didn't know there were people like this who exist I'd be thinking FHC is a target of Russian guerrilla marketing/campaigning.
    Pretty sure we're in the post-truth era because of the traditional news organizations fucking up, not despite their excellent record of reporting.
    It's mostly because of retarded fucks like you thinking they're oh so smart and know the truth to everything in the universe while ignoring all the consistent proof of how wrong they are.

    But you have an education amirite? You are the perfect thinker who is never wrong, just the world doesn't agree with you yet. No room for real doubt

  18. #19878
    Donor Tellenta's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    16,270
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrenda View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    WP doesn't really have much in terms of credibility left when it comes to reporting on politics.

    Instead of vague claims about knowing 'people' connected to Russia doing the hacking, how about they actually provide some real details?
    You're right. Let's wait until Breitbart reports it. We're in a post-truth world so only people who were post truth before it was cool can comment.

    Someone pointed this out to me a few weeks ago. With people talking about fake news on Facebook, mainly politically motivated faking or anything aimed at generating clicks and therefore ad revenue it wouldn't be long before people started saying some of the most reputable newspapers in the world can't be trusted. Now you just believe what you want. WaPo, NYT and the LAT are all well respected with their biases pretty well known from an academic perspective. And by that I mean they've been studied, and peer reviewed. Their journalistic processes are known, and their editors tested for standards by third parties. But sure, they're as trustworthy as the National Enquirer.

    If I didn't know there were people like this who exist I'd be thinking FHC is a target of Russian guerrilla marketing/campaigning.
    Pretty sure we're in the post-truth era because of the traditional news organizations fucking up, not despite their excellent record of reporting.
    It's mostly because of retarded fucks like you thinking they're oh so smart and know the truth to everything in the universe while ignoring all the consistent proof of how wrong they are.

    But you have an education amirite? You are the perfect thinker who is never wrong, just the world doesn't agree with you yet. No room for real doubt
    I am the thinkiest!

  19. #19879
    Banned
    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Location
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Posts
    12,463
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    It's mostly because of retarded fucks like you thinking they're oh so smart and know the truth to everything in the universe while ignoring all the consistent proof of how wrong they are.

    But you have an education amirite? You are the perfect thinker who is never wrong, just the world doesn't agree with you yet. No room for real doubt
    I don't claim to be right all the time, just more often right than any of you.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

  20. #19880
    Donor Pattern's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    6,310
    Meanwhile:
    https://corrupt.af/

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •