hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 990 of 1113 FirstFirst ... 490890940980987988989990991992993100010401090 ... LastLast
Results 19,781 to 19,800 of 22249

Thread: God Emperor Trump (USA Politics Thread)

Rights mean nothing if the opportunities to exercise them don't present themselves.

Say this as often as you like to a conservative but they'll just blather on about bootstraps and their tax bills as if that excuses the fact poverty exists and some people live in abject misery through no fault of their own.
      Spoiler:

The whole concept of countries or states borrowing money should be abolished, it is nothing more than buying votes now with money and resources that belong to the future.

Only in a few very cases is it really a valid tool (assuming the long-term results are respected) and that is to smooth out cyclical or black swan events, or in cases like Norway where the gigantic oil fund and petroleum income requires a relief valve in the form of stable governmental bonds.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    The whole concept of countries or states borrowing money should be abolished, it is nothing more than buying votes now with money and resources that belong to the future.

Only in a few very cases is it really a valid tool (assuming the long-term results are respected) and that is to smooth out cyclical or black swan events, or in cases like Norway where the gigantic oil fund and petroleum income requires a relief valve in the form of stable governmental bonds.
    For someone who thinks they're incredibly intelligent you very far off the mark
      Spoiler:

So confident of his own intelligent he can't even fathom the depths of his ignorance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Continuing the tradition of nominees whose personal and business interests blatantly conflict with the department they are to oversee: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-department/

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Continuing the tradition of nominees whose personal and business interests blatantly conflict with the department they are to oversee: https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...or-department/

Would anyone on the Business/Management side of the equation not be considered to have "personal and business interests blatantly conflict with the department they are to oversee"?

I.e. can only Labor Union Advocates and Civil Rights Lawyer professional politicians be nominated to these posts?

We may, at this point, want to simply concede that people who share your political viewpoint will find every single person Trump nominates to be unfit for the office they are nominated to, precisely because they oppose the things you support, and they all come either from Business (which would exclude them to people of your political viewpoint) or from the Military (ditto) or are Republicans (ditto), and hence are not lifelong Democratic politicians or civil servants.

What was it Obama said "elections have consequences".

Who did you expect Trump would nominate to this post that you would have been ok with?
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post

Would anyone on the Business/Management side of the equation not be considered to have "personal and business interests blatantly conflict with the department they are to oversee"?

I.e. can only Labor Union Advocates and Civil Rights Lawyer professional politicians be nominated to these posts?

We may, at this point, want to simply concede that people who share your political viewpoint will find every single person Trump nominates to be unfit for the office they are nominated to, precisely because they oppose the things you support, and they all come either from Business (which would exclude them to people of your political viewpoint) or from the Military (ditto) or are Republicans (ditto), and hence are not lifelong Democratic politicians or civil servants.

Who did you expect Trump would nominate to this post that you would have been ok with?
    You do realise the reason people are lauhhing/crying at his nominations is that they often conflict heavily with what he was meant to be about and kept saying to get elected,yes?

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Obviously I know nothing about what economists have calculated to be the supposed optimal debt-to-GDP ratio nor how debt is used to deal with financing over a tax year, or multi-year projects. It's not like I have ever taken any classes related to this subject, and I'm also by default a retard.

Wait... you forgot to make any arguments to discredit my point.

god damn you're dumb

Obviously I know nothing about what economists have calculated to be the supposed optimal debt-to-GDP ratio nor how debt is used to deal with financing over a tax year, or multi-year projects. It's not like I have ever taken any classes related to this subject, and I'm also by default a retard.

Education and learning are separate entities in this day and age.
      Spoiler:

Yes, these days we call people bad things and skip providing counter-arguments. It's called "post-truth".

Yes, these days we call people bad things and skip providing counter-arguments. It's called "post-truth".
    I can find a ton of economists who disagree with your position. Economists have theories for literally everything and each pins their colours to a different mast. They're all wrong to some extent.
      Spoiler:

Holy shitshake. That dude has been out of school for how many years and he still thinks taking a class in X is an end all be all statement in competency? That's fallacy number one a person learns while either still in school or the second they graduate and walk in to their job for the first time.

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    That dude has been out of school for how many years and he still thinks taking a class in X is an end all be all statement in competency?
    How've you managed to be here forever and never met Rakshasa?

Holy shitshake. That dude has been out of school for how many years and he still thinks taking a class in X is an end all be all statement in competency? That's fallacy number one a person learns while either still in school or the second they graduate and walk in to their job for the first time.
    It is as much a statement of competency as a random forum poster telling you you're incompetent with no counter-arguments.

Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post

You do realise the reason people are lauhhing/crying at his nominations is that they often conflict heavily with what he was meant to be about and kept saying to get elected,yes?
    DING DING DING

I can find a ton of economists who disagree with your position. Economists have theories for literally everything and each pins their colours to a different mast. They're all wrong to some extent.
    Yes, and I also know there's a ton of economists that disagree with my view on government debt.

Your assumption that I'm making the comment out of complete ignorance is what makes your post a clear ad hominem, showing that you don't actually know why it would be a bad idea, or even why it wouldn't be a good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by elmicker View Post
    That dude has been out of school for how many years and he still thinks taking a class in X is an end all be all statement in competency?
    How've you managed to be here forever and never met Rakshasa?
    Every once in awhile I forget how worthless his opinions are.

west
    end
    girls
    "Teachers are teachers because they are pedos. Thats why they want to work in a job around children, its a well known fact." #Nonsesense

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    west
    end
    girls
    The East end boys and West end girls
    In a West end town in a dead end world
    The East end boys and West end girls
    West end girls