hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 90 of 1799 FirstFirst ... 4080878889909192931001401905901090 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,800 of 35976

Thread: Trump Did Nothing Wrong [USA Politics Thread]

Quote Originally Posted by Aea View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    Anybody have a link to a video of the full debate?
    Why on Earth would you want to subject yourself to that?
    M8 I'm 25 minutes in and this is the best thing I've watched in a while.

Guess that's the difference between you and I, I don't see the comedy value. This is srs business.

The pathetic nature of the modern (R) party and it's legion of like-minded chuckleheads is a serious problem.
    "Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"

opcorn:
    This. It was hilarious
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Guess that's the difference between you and I, I don't see the comedy value. This is srs business.

The pathetic nature of the modern (R) party and it's legion of like-minded chuckleheads is a serious problem.
    We laugh to hide the tears.

Hahaha, the Donald is such an idiot: http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2...uation-comment

So, wait, the Donald stated that Megyn Kelly had it in for the Donald during the debate because she (and I quote) "had blood coming out of her eyes, blood coming out of her wherever". The Donald (as is his wont) doesn't take anything back but instead blames 'political correctness'. Everyone in uproar (do I hear Hillary cackling in the background? Yes, yes, I think I do). And Erick Erickson bans the Donald from the RedState Gathering, whom the Donald then calls a "weak and pathetic leader".

Hahahaha, this is too funny ... the Donald is fucking over the GOP in ways unimaginable even by Democratic strategists ... I can't wait for the new poll numbers ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

it is a serious problem, you're right, but it is, hilariously, finally particularly a serious problem for the GOP which, for a generation has been driving a message to the peasants of "americaness" equalling bigotry, xenophobia, selfishness, anti-intellectualism, hatred of government and servile deference to the 0.1% - and now after 3 decades of poisoning the well as a club to beat the opposition with, is seeing to their absolute horror that their 'base' was actually taking them seriously and is clamouring to vote for a candidate who perfectly embodies those principles. And now they're going to have to drink long and deep from that well.

Hosea 8:7.

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Malcanis View Post

it is a serious problem, you're right, but it is, hilariously, finally particularly a serious problem for the GOP which, for a generation has been driving a message to the peasants of "americaness" equalling bigotry, xenophobia, selfishness, anti-intellectualism, hatred of government and servile deference to the 0.1% - and now after 3 decades of poisoning the well as a club to beat the opposition with, is seeing to their absolute horror that their 'base' was actually taking them seriously and is clamouring to vote for a candidate who perfectly embodies those principles. And now they're going to have to drink long and deep from that well.

For they have sown the wind, and they shall reap the whirlwind: it hath no stalk: the bud shall yield no meal: if so be it yield, the strangers shall swallow it up.
    Presumes that one of these myriad chuckleheads cannot beat Hitlery Clinton. In the U.S. With this electorate (where, despite claims by progressives, the left is still a numerical minority right now).

While I think Clinton IS going to win, I wouldn't guarantee it as bad and charm-less/charisma-less a candidate as she is, with her viewed by many as corrupt/untrustworthy, with a host of investigations into her (IMO lawbreaking) as Sec. State and corruption with her charity, and worst of all for a Dem., not remotely progressive. Even if, as some say, it's ALL just fabrication (Lol, bias based naive much?), some of it will stick come the general, ad she'll say at least a dozen ridiculous things a la "we're so poor, boo hoo" before then as well that will cost her votes. She's a bad candidate beyond her gender and name recog. tbqh.

And IF (big IF) a Republican wins, I'd like to have some hope they won't be utterly horrible G.W.Bush II. The debate did not inspire any such hope, and FOX's management of it was pretty pathetic as well tbh.

My only current lead on the primaries is FHC so my question is this: Who is the Tea Party candidate of those 17? Or is the party so hijacked by now its 15 out of 17?

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    My only current lead on the primaries is FHC so my question is this: Who is the Tea Party candidate of those 17? Or is the party so hijacked by now its 15 out of 17?
    15/17
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Tea party is republicans, tea partiers are just delusional about themselves because being delusional is the republican base.

Presumes that one of these myriad chuckleheads cannot beat Hitlery Clinton. In the U.S. With this electorate (where, despite claims by progressives, the left is still a numerical minority right now).

While I think Clinton IS going to win, I wouldn't guarantee it as bad and charm-less/charisma-less a candidate as she is, with her viewed by many as corrupt/untrustworthy, with a host of investigations into her (IMO lawbreaking) as Sec. State and corruption with her charity, and worst of all for a Dem., not remotely progressive. Even if, as some say, it's ALL just fabrication (Lol, bias based naive much?), some of it will stick come the general, ad she'll say at least a dozen ridiculous things a la "we're so poor, boo hoo" before then as well that will cost her votes. She's a bad candidate beyond her gender and name recog. tbqh.

And IF (big IF) a Republican wins, I'd like to have some hope they won't be utterly horrible G.W.Bush II. The debate did not inspire any such hope, and FOX's management of it was pretty pathetic as well tbh.
    Who is she losing this hypothetical charm contest to?

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    Tea party is republicans, tea partiers are just delusional about themselves because being delusional is the republican base.
    So its 17/17?
    Really its just entertainment for me atm. Just an issue if a tea party person actually gets president.
    What would that look like? srsq?!

With this electorate (where, despite claims by progressives, the left is still a numerical minority right now).
    Citation?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    So its 17/17?
    Really its just entertainment for me atm. Just an issue if a tea party person actually gets president.
    What would that look like? srsq?!
    I dunno, if they do anything then they are big government getting in our business and my head will explode from the irony.

At least Bush II seemed like a decent guy, Trump is just an asshole.

Who is she losing this hypothetical charm contest to?
    You tell me, Malc, do YOU see Clinton as personable, likable, trustable, charismatic, ethical, moral, a good speaker who reaches people, etc? Do you think she has a good grasp of the issues, or does she float where the polls of that moment go (be wary answering that one, given her history, mate).

If you answer yes to all that....wow.....but then for you, it's moot.

But ask yourself how a nobody with no resume of any kind beat the mighty Clinton Juggernaut last time round. Psst, it wasn't because of Obamas vast resume my friend.

Looks like he handled it very well
    Actually an '06.

www.twitch.tv/oameve

Bernie handled it just fine. The protesters went too far after that initial bit.

I think the protester thing would fit in just fine in the political correctness thred.
    Audacter calumniare, semper aliquid haeret

"The fundamental cause of the trouble is that in the modern world the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt"
    Bertrand Russell - the Triumph of Stupidity (1933)

"The best lack all conviction, while the worst
    Are full of passionate intensity." -Yeats, 1919

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post
    I find it incredible that a whole country can actually be more retarded than FHC.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    With this electorate (where, despite claims by progressives, the left is still a numerical minority right now).
    Citation?
    None, obviously. It's an article of faith to the GOP faithful ever since Nixon started talking about the silent majority.

(in b4 misrepresenting the results of the mid-term elections)
    Quote Originally Posted by Miep View Post
    ...i have no idea whats realy going on...

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomeus Crane View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Citation?
    None, obviously. It's an article of faith to the GOP faithful ever since Nixon started talking about the silent majority.

(in b4 misrepresenting the results of the mid-term elections)
    Actually the popular vote amounts versus voter turnout are close enough that there is a comfortable margin of error to make his statement without statistical dumbshittery. It won't stop him but it's there for all to see.

Edit for example Kerry lost the popular vote, and if you go in the way back machine 1988 and prior the popular vote went republican more often.