hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1093 of 2098 FirstFirst ... 9359399310431083109010911092109310941095109611031143119315932093 ... LastLast
Results 21,841 to 21,860 of 41941

Thread: The Official Russian [USA Politics Thread]™

Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    Actually it seems like the article is about fundamental AI rights and brings up UBI as an aside to care for all the obsolete meat (us hummies). Then it's stirring in emerging issues like autonomous vehicles, because they're (going to be) people too! When, right now, they're just value-added cars (and, arguably, under-regulated), to be blunt it all sounds very wishy-washy and over the top - the type of robots they're discussing don't exist and won't for quite some time - 10 to 15 years is ... grossly optimistic (or pessimistic, depending on your view). You might as well demand a register for every toaster with more than one slot for bread. This almost reads like one of those classic THE EU IS COMING FOR OUR SAUSAGES types of stories.
    10-15 years and we'll be having intellectual property issues with AIs. lol. There will still be people using fucking Lotus Notes for putins sake.
    To be blunt, we understand so little about our own brains, I find it very hard to imagine we're going to magically reconstruct ourselves in silicon any time soonTM.

I think that sometimes we become a little too distracted by the possibilities we envision in our collective imaginations, than focused on what actual results we can produce with our hands.

As an example, I can imagine time travel as a concept, I can observe we're all travelling forward in time ... but I don't think we need to rush into establishing some kind of 'European time police' for when (if) someone figures out how to go backwards. I've read Animal Farm, but I'm not suggesting we ban pigs from state office. I've seen the Terminator films, but I'm not demanding a registry for windmills.
    Last edited by Sparq; January 13 2017 at 01:07:08 AM.

RT replaces C-SPAN

Just a test, comrade.

Banned
    Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Did we ever find out what happened to that Don Mura... Muta... Mata guy?
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Preparing to become Voivode of the Peoples Autonomous Oblast of the Left Coast.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    He's alive but doesn't feel like posting here for whatever reason, I don't really blame him
    [img]http://orig14.deviantart.net/351d/f/2015/121/c/0/_cover_zing__krul_tepes_by_skanantene-d8rqmf5.png[/img]

Anyone who is 'afraid' or 'traumatized' by an election should probably take a vacation- which is exactly what he did.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Anyone who is 'afraid' or 'traumatized' by an election should probably take a vacation- which is exactly what he did.
    Now if only Rak would do the same.

What a 2017 it would be!

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mmittee-argues
    It also addresses the risk that overly competitive robots could result in large-scale unemployment, and calls for the “serious” examination of a general basic income as one possible solution.

Ashley Morgan, of international legal practice Osborne Clarke, says that the proposals will be “extremely controversial.”

“One could argue that, effectively, a law of the nature proposed in this resolution would grant human rights to robots. That’s not going to go down easy with companies that are creating robots and AIs,” he told the Guardian.

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.
    Um, is this a bit of a stretch of logic to go from universal basic income to human rights for robots? I don't really get the connection (unless the lack of one is the point).
    No representation without taxation!

meanwhile.

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mmittee-argues
    It also addresses the risk that overly competitive robots could result in large-scale unemployment, and calls for the “serious” examination of a general basic income as one possible solution.

Ashley Morgan, of international legal practice Osborne Clarke, says that the proposals will be “extremely controversial.”

“One could argue that, effectively, a law of the nature proposed in this resolution would grant human rights to robots. That’s not going to go down easy with companies that are creating robots and AIs,” he told the Guardian.

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.
    Um, is this a bit of a stretch of logic to go from universal basic income to human rights for robots? I don't really get the connection (unless the lack of one is the point).
    No representation without taxation!
    If only we had known how prophetic the term lobsterback truly was!

ok
    Last edited by I Legionnaire; January 13 2017 at 06:30:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    You can't post redditmedia links with an "sid" parameter.

Any Americans wishing to visit Australia in their post trump vacation, few simple rules.

- no guns, sorry
    - we prefer our own beer if you are buying rounds
    - please just chill out. Only a few of us get your sense of humor.
    - please declare any pets at customs
    - seriously, no guns
    - if you think something has bitten you don't make a huge fuss. If it had you would have been dead before you told the second person anyway.
    - you can't drive from one side of the country to the other without supplies. You will probably die if you try.
    - fruit picking is a great way to pick up Germans.
    - you want to pick up Germans.
    - if you decide to stay, pretend to be from Canada.
    Quote Originally Posted by lubica
    And her name was Limul Azgoden, a lowly peasant girl.

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UsernameisValidandNotinUs View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Rakshasa The Cat View Post
    He's alive but doesn't feel like posting here for whatever reason, I don't really blame him
    he went on holiday to (switzerland?) for a month or something. posted a few times since, good to see he's ok - he's one of the few walls against S2000 spam in the car fred

Quote Originally Posted by Lana Torrin View Post
    - fruit picking is a great way to pick up Germans.
    - you want to pick up Germans.
    Do go on...
    Tranquility (EVE) Influence Map
    Life is absurd, but with a little effort we can make it completely ridiculous

Any Americans wishing to visit Australia in their post trump vacation, few simple rules.

- no guns, sorry
    Its odd to me that the "commonwealthians" and "ukies" share their "compassion" for "no guns". This is the one thing where continental yuropians have far more in common with the US than you lot. (One could even argue that the US gun culture is heavily influenced by Prussian/Austrian Empire gun culture, see how the Colt Dragoon was license built in Austria in 1849 by KKP in Innsbruck in a redesigned fashion, which was quickly adopted to become the Colt Navy 1951 and other examples of continous influence)

Whats the cultural background for no guns?
    Last edited by metacannibal; January 13 2017 at 11:11:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post

- no guns, sorry
    Its odd to me that the "commonwealthians" and "ukies" share their "compassion" for "no guns". This is the one thing where continental yuropians have far more in common with the US than you lot.

We're comfortable with our masculinity
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by metacannibal View Post

- no guns, sorry
    Its odd to me that the "commonwealthians" and "ukies" share their "compassion" for "no guns". This is the one thing where continental yuropians have far more in common with the US than you lot.

We're comfortable with our masculinity
    The lack of it?