hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1092 of 2143 FirstFirst ... 9259299210421082108910901091109210931094109511021142119215922092 ... LastLast
Results 21,821 to 21,840 of 42846

Thread: G.ame O.ver P.edophile [USA Politics Thread]

Canada is hella boring

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Canada is hella boring
    Seeing what a rollercoaster of disaster my country has turned into, I'd welcome boredom in public life.

I thought you live in poland? One of my friends has moved there and says nothing ever happens unless a freshly moved ukrainian family appears.

We are the tetleys tea of north america.

Not particularly offensive, not amazing. Just passable.

Movember 2011Movember 2012 Nordstern's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I mean, personally, I think we SHOULD expose people to the nasty side of consumerism, which means putting the factories and power plants close and force them to adopt new ways to do this instead of sweeping it under the carpet by moving the factory to China, but hey...
    The problem with such an approach is that you're advocating for the infliction of harm on innocents, while expecting unreasonable people to suddenly become reasonable and adopt your worldview.

Exhibit A: Superfund
    Exhibit B: voting for Trump
    "Holy shit, I ask you to stop being autistic and you debate what autistic is." - spasm
    Quote Originally Posted by Larkonis Trassler View Post
    WTF I hate white people now...

Quote Originally Posted by Nordstern View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by erichkknaar View Post
    I mean, personally, I think we SHOULD expose people to the nasty side of consumerism, which means putting the factories and power plants close and force them to adopt new ways to do this instead of sweeping it under the carpet by moving the factory to China, but hey...
    The problem with such an approach is that you're advocating for the infliction of harm on innocents, while expecting unreasonable people to suddenly become reasonable and adopt your worldview.

Exhibit A: Superfund
    Exhibit B: voting for Trump
    If the fat privileged piggys are inconvenienced,maybe they wouldn't be quite so easily led.

I'm pigiledged & also live near a factory, so I don't think your plan will work

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    That's what my reaction where initially when our allies over the atlantic managed the unbelievable feat of electing someone even more dumbwitted and incompetent than Dubya. I mean how is that even possible ???
    One word (well, two actually): home schooling.

If fools (try to) educate fools, all you'll get is more sophisticated fools.
    Globalisation is the bigger thing to blame here. Yeah sure it's great for business people and well educated city folk but no so good for your average worker to see his job get moved to Asia.
    Thats the narrative, sure, but unemployment is at a long term low, and no amount of protectionism is going to rebuild a mass industrial worker class in any developed country (instead it will spur domestic high tech automation, eliminating even more jobs)
    Why wouldn't it be possible to rebuild a developed highly skilled industrial class again?
    It's in his post.

A large number of skilled industrial jobs only exist because the 3rd world person that's trained to do them is cheaper than the automated alternative. If you force companies to on-shore them, they will be automated.

You won't have a highly skilled industrial class, you will have significant expansion of tech/software/engineering industries.

This isn't a bad thing, but the ones already getting the short-end of the globalism stick will still not have their job prospects improved. Those capable of working in tech/software/engineering already do well out of globalism.
    Option #1: Low Skill Low Pay Labor in Malaysia or Mexico or elsewhere where Labor is cheap and poorly regulated

Option #2: Technology Development Jobs (developing new more efficient automation) in U.S., Moderate Skill Tech Maintenance Jobs (maintaining the automatons) in U.S., Low-Skill Automation-Support Staff in U.S. & Management & Accounting Staff for all in U.S.

Lets be clear, the overseas'ing of Jobs is not limited to just low-skill wage labor. High-Skill/Specialized labor (like finance and accounting) are moving plenty of jobs overseas as well, to places like India.

Globalization is here, it's not going anywhere. That does not mean Nation States must give advantages and access to companies who exploit all the good our national market offers, while accepting none of the costs (and providing none of the benefits of jobs) in bringing those products into our market. Like all things, it's a decision the people, via the Government, need to make.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2017/01...eployment.html

Obama deploys American Troops in Poland

Russia, not surprisingly, labels it as aggression.

I think Trump's plan of charging large import tariffs to reach the American market is an outdated idea. It seems like the existing and incoming middle class in developing countries has the bandwidth to absorb manufacturing capacity.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    I'm pigiledged & also live near a factory, so I don't think your plan will work
    The Cheesecake Factory doesn't count.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mmittee-argues
    It also addresses the risk that overly competitive robots could result in large-scale unemployment, and calls for the “serious” examination of a general basic income as one possible solution.

Ashley Morgan, of international legal practice Osborne Clarke, says that the proposals will be “extremely controversial.”

“One could argue that, effectively, a law of the nature proposed in this resolution would grant human rights to robots. That’s not going to go down easy with companies that are creating robots and AIs,” he told the Guardian.

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.

We are living in a slave economy and no one talks about it because the slaves are machines.

deep

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/technolo...mmittee-argues
    It also addresses the risk that overly competitive robots could result in large-scale unemployment, and calls for the “serious” examination of a general basic income as one possible solution.

Ashley Morgan, of international legal practice Osborne Clarke, says that the proposals will be “extremely controversial.”

“One could argue that, effectively, a law of the nature proposed in this resolution would grant human rights to robots. That’s not going to go down easy with companies that are creating robots and AIs,” he told the Guardian.

“If I create a robot, and that robot creates something that could be patented, should I own that patent or should the robot? If I sell the robot, should the intellectual property it has developed go with it? These are not easy questions to answer, and that goes right to the heart of this debate,” Morgan added.
    Um, is this a bit of a stretch of logic to go from universal basic income to human rights for robots? I don't really get the connection (unless the lack of one is the point).
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

well for a start, they're conflating 'robot' in the industrial manufacturing sense, with an actual sentient intelligence (artificial or otherwise). In the context of their comment, they say 'robot' and mean AI, which is what makes it so confusing.
    Last edited by Sparq; January 13 2017 at 12:32:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sparq View Post
    they're conflating 'robot' in the industrial manufacturing sense, with an actual sentient intelligence (artificial or otherwise). In the context of their comment, they say 'robot' and mean AI, which is what makes it so confusing.
    But surely bringing up "AI rights" in a discussion about universal basic income is a bit of a distraction?
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    they're conflating 'robot' in the industrial manufacturing sense, with an actual sentient intelligence (artificial or otherwise). In the context of their comment, they say 'robot' and mean AI, which is what makes it so confusing.
    But surely bringing up "AI rights" in a discussion about universal basic income is a bit of a distraction?
    Its more about what personhood is, if a person has a right to a basic income.

idk, maybe this is why countries are leaving the EU.
    meh

Actually it seems like the article is about fundamental AI rights and brings up UBI as an aside to care for all the obsolete meat (us hummies). Then it's stirring in emerging issues like autonomous vehicles, because they're (going to be) people too! When, right now, they're just value-added cars (and, arguably, under-regulated), to be blunt it all sounds very wishy-washy and over the top - the type of 'robots' they're discussing don't exist and won't for quite some time - 10 to 15 years is ... grossly optimistic (or pessimistic, depending on your view). You might as well demand a register for every toaster with more than one slot for heating bread. This almost reads like one of those classic THE EU IS COMING FOR OUR SAUSAGES types of stories.
    Last edited by Sparq; January 13 2017 at 12:44:50 AM.

Actually it seems like the article is about fundamental AI rights and brings up UBI as an aside to care for all the obsolete meat (us hummies). Then it's stirring in emerging issues like autonomous vehicles, because they're (going to be) people too! When, right now, they're just value-added cars (and, arguably, under-regulated), to be blunt it all sounds very wishy-washy and over the top - the type of robots they're discussing don't exist and won't for quite some time - 10 to 15 years is ... grossly optimistic (or pessimistic, depending on your view). You might as well demand a register for every toaster with more than one slot for bread. This almost reads like one of those classic THE EU IS COMING FOR OUR SAUSAGES types of stories.
    10-15 years and we'll be having intellectual property issues with AIs. lol. There will still be people using fucking Lotus Notes for putins sake.
    meh