hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1094 of 1127 FirstFirst ... 945949941044108410911092109310941095109610971104 ... LastLast
Results 21,861 to 21,880 of 22539

Thread: Make [USA Politics Thread] Great Again!

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarabando View Post
    i am thoroughly enjoying winding up liberals for "kink-shamming" Baron Trump
    In your imagination you mean? Because it's easily counterable with - "kinks are awesome, being blackmailed by the Kremlin less so"

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post
    In your imagination you mean? Because it's easily counterable with - "kinks are awesome, being blackmailed by the Kremlin less so"
    yeah but none of them have tried that one yet. they are all ewww pee.

I thought you didn't have any friends m8?

I wonder if the choice is between the Saudis or the Russians having the US Government by the balls which is preferable?

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    That's what my reaction where initially when our allies over the atlantic managed the unbelievable feat of electing someone even more dumbwitted and incompetent than Dubya. I mean how is that even possible ???
    One word (well, two actually): home schooling.

If fools (try to) educate fools, all you'll get is more sophisticated fools.

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    That's what my reaction where initially when our allies over the atlantic managed the unbelievable feat of electing someone even more dumbwitted and incompetent than Dubya. I mean how is that even possible ???

Globalisation is the bigger thing to blame here. Yeah sure it's great for business people and well educated city folk but no so good for your average worker to see his job get moved to Asia.

Quote Originally Posted by Maximillian View Post
    I wonder if the choice is between the Saudis or the Russians having the US Government by the balls which is preferable?
    i'd prefer it to be myself holding the US Government by the balls tbh, we'd go to mars and get climate change sorted out for one.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Obviously Saudis is better because they have similar geopolitical goals - stability in the middle east and buoyant global markets.

Quote Originally Posted by Smuggo View Post

Globalisation is the bigger thing to blame here. Yeah sure it's great for business people and well educated city folk but no so good for your average worker to see his job get moved to Asia.
    Thats the narrative, sure, but unemployment is at a long term low, and no amount of protectionism is going to rebuild a mass industrial worker class in any developed country (instead it will spur domestic high tech automation, eliminating even more jobs)

Obviously Saudis is better because they have similar geopolitical goals - stability in the middle east and buoyant global markets.
    Saudis can get fucked bunch of fucking barbarians.

whereas Russians?
    Last edited by Lallante; January 12 2017 at 11:43:56 AM.

whereas Russians?
    Not even vaguely comparable.

This a solid troll. I give it 8.5/10

Movember '11 Ginger Excellence Movember 2011Movember 2012 sarabando's Avatar
    I thought you didn't have any friends m8?
    i said liberals not friends :P

whereas Russians?
    Not even vaguely comparable.
    Smuggo is right tbh. Russians aren't so bad, even though Putin is a bit mental.

Saudis on the other hand are an entire nation (well, the ruling classes at least) of absolute cunts.

This is lalls (successful) attempt at trolling if you haven't figured out.

Thats the narrative, sure, but unemployment is at a long term low, and no amount of protectionism is going to rebuild a mass industrial worker class in any developed country (instead it will spur domestic high tech automation, eliminating even more jobs)
    Low unemployment isn't really a healthy smokescreen for getting fucked in the ass by a zero hours contract and acquiring record levels of debt to pay for essentials.
      Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

Low unemployment isn't really a healthy smokescreen for getting fucked in the ass by a zero hours contract and acquiring record levels of debt to pay for essentials.
    ^^this

Low unemployment is artificial. It's only low because people are getting below poverty line wages or working part time when they want to be full time etc.. Also high levels of employment in minimum wage service jobs is not nearly as good as the former, fairly well paid jobs that were lost. No one is saying it means mass amounts of manufacturing jobs can come back, but it explains why people are annoyed about the situation and want something done about it.

Of course the solution is that people should be getting paid to not work because eventually there simply won't be very much work for people to do, but neoliberalism can't reconcile that with its ideological dogma. This is why we need communism comrades.

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post

The solution to which is regulation and worker and consumer rights, things republicans are against. Besides, the USA is right in the middle of the developed country pack in terms of consumer debt, and US consumer debt has fallen each year since 2008, and is at a 13 year low, hardly at "record levels".

Canada by contrast has 60% more consumer debt!
    Last edited by Lallante; January 12 2017 at 01:13:57 PM.

This coming to jesus moment.

Do you feel it?

It's like magic in the air.

Pure banter meat.

It's delicious.