hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1092 of 1373 FirstFirst ... 92592992104210821089109010911092109310941095110211421192 ... LastLast
Results 21,821 to 21,840 of 27460

Thread: M [USA Politics Thread] GA!

Quote Originally Posted by Sacul View Post
    Im laughing so hard at all the people who said Trump would sort his shit out and act ...like..presidential. If yanks werent so eagle crying patriotic i would say a coup is in the making.
    Only if Congress completely abdicates their power.

Which, to be fair, they've been doing more and more of for years now. Buck Passing 101.

But I think they (and by they I mean all of (D) and a goodly number of (R) as well) will push back.

And remove him if needed. Should it come to that.
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Quote Originally Posted by Alistair View Post
    Im laughing so hard at all the people who said Trump would sort his shit out and act ...like..presidential. If yanks werent so eagle crying patriotic i would say a coup is in the making.

Which, to be fair, they've been doing more and more of for years now. Buck Passing 101.

But I think they (and by they I mean all of (D) and a goodly number of (R) as well) will push back.

You think they'd do that? Nutjobs with guns gonna riot, won't they?
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post

I don't know, but I don't think so.

When was the last time in the U.S. "nutjobs with guns" rioted in any meaningful way? The Oregon thing? What else?

No, if Congress impeaches Trump, it'll be for something egregious, and no, I don't think they'll be any meaningful riots from dudes with guns (i.e. revolution).
    "Insults are the arguments employed by those who are in the wrong." Jean-Jacques Rousseau

Only the proletariat can overthrow the bourgeoisie, comrade.

By the way, are we taking bets on what craziness happens on Inauguration Day?

Because there is no way something crazy doesn't happen, is there?

Of course, but I just think no matter how bizarre an idea any of us can come up with, the reality will blow it out of the water.

Quote Originally Posted by thebomby View Post

If things continue going on this way, 2018 & 2020 will end up being a huge backlash against Republican government.

Republicans themselves are not complete idiots, though their base might be. Turtle McConnell has been pretty reluctant to nuke the filibuster for instance, which is a clear indication that he's not confident in a long-lasting Republican govt.

They will act out of self interest if nothing else

Can't really disagree with either of the last two posts tbqh. +1 and +1

Oh boy it's looking more and more like there's something to this.

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819252439832547330

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawinte View Post
    Oh boy it's looking more and more like there's something to this.

https://twitter.com/hdevreij/status/819252439832547330
    Source: CIA.
    Yeah... no...
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

I'm hoping a snackbar blows himself up on stage, taking Donnie, Pence, McConnell, and Cruz with him.

Only one here to predict a win for God Emperor
    Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post

I'm hoping a snackbar blows himself up on stage, taking Donnie, Pence, McConnell, and Cruz with him.
    The FHC server isn't on that stage.
    Are you an engineer? -- Quack

Eh, I guess I could live with Ryan. He'd just spend all his time trying to convince people to gut medicare, which will literally never get touched.
    meh

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    If things continue going on this way, 2018 & 2020 will end up being a huge backlash against Republican government.
    2016 was supposed to be a backlash against the republican government, and look what we got.

Quote Originally Posted by Loire
    I'm too stupid to say anything that deserves being in your magnificent signature.

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    2016 was supposed to be a backlash against the republican government, and look what we got.
    Dems taking a shotgun to both feet?

Quote Originally Posted by Frug View Post
    A 2.7m vote deficit, and multiple Senate/House seats lost?

Don't get me wrong, Dems fucked up this cycle. But the backlash against Obama was a tepid mewling compared to the wave that landed Obama in the White House in '08. For whatever reason, liberals don't vote with the same discipline as conservatives. There needs to be extra motivation to turn them out, and I think anger will do a decent job of that in 2018-2020.

Could just be a responsible citizen and do your part to make the democratic process one you approve of instead of wishing for a terrorist attack to murder politicians you dont like

EDIT: Yeehaw dem snackbars had it comin yahoo!

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    Could just be a responsible citizen and do your part to make the democratic process one you approve of instead of wishing for a terrorist attack to murder politicians you dont like
    You're right, I should using this time to practice my marksmanship.

I can only go off whats been going on so far, which leads me to believe that literally nothing will happen. Like, a couple thousand MAGA diehards, Trump in the rain, C-list country rock "stars", a bit of fumbling around on the oath (*sniff*) which will be widely ridiculed but quickly forgotten. Then the posse will retreat to its new den for cocaine & crumpets, and the day will end with everyone agreeing to put off any real work until next week, or maybe the one after, next month for sure. Listen Bob, lets just get through the first quarter and then well see about governing.