hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Eve Vegas stream

Eve Vegas stream

So CCP is mostly taking ownership of eve vegas this year , and there is going to be a keynote in about an hour ( 20:00 GMT )

They have been hinting at "surprises" in they keynote and seagull is doing the speech so it may be some substantial stuff. I always wondered how CCP was going to do its big reveals considering they went from a 6 month to 6 week expansion cycle and fanfest was only once a year.

Stream link is here : http://www.twitch.tv/ccp

I changed this up... Just go take a look at this Imgur album of all the slides from the keynote. Reddit Link Album link
    Last edited by Aliventi; October 18 2014 at 08:53:10 PM.

New tech 3 cruisers, no subsystems, no skill loss, 3 different modes(defensive, speed, sniper).

*Tech 3 Destroyers

Quote Originally Posted by Zavior View Post
    New tech 3 destroyers, no subsystems, no skill loss, 3 different modes(defensive, speed, sniper).
    That can you can change to and from while in space even midfight. Good lord that's p ballin.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

Spoiler:

I'm interested to see whats going to stop them making a lot of other hulls obsolete.

this will end well

I'm curious about these glass cannon weapons. I can think of a fair number of uses for them, but it depends on the details.

Quote Originally Posted by AlienBaby View Post
    I'm interested to see whats going to stop them making a lot of other hulls obsolete.
    A cruiser costs ~10 mil isk. A T3 cruiser costs ~100-200 mil isk depending on subsystems. So maybe the T3 destroyer will cost 20 mil isk. Not much, but a destroyer dies quickly. (Just a guess.)

Also, will this be how CCP rebalances T3 cruisers or leave them with subsystems?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliventi View Post
    A cruiser costs ~10 mil isk. A T3 cruiser costs ~100-200 mil isk depending on subsystems. So maybe the T3 destroyer will cost 20 mil isk. Not much, but a destroyer dies quickly. (Just a guess.)
    I somehow doubt they will be cheaper than interdictors. I'd expect 50+ at least. I guess we'll see what CCP expects them to get used for.

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Middleson View Post
    I somehow doubt they will be cheaper than interdictors.
    Solid point. Maybe 100 mil isk a piece?

Quote Originally Posted by Milton Middleson View Post
    I somehow doubt they will be cheaper than interdictors.
    Solid point. Maybe 100 mil isk a piece?
    I don't know. The problem is that destroyer hulls are a little too disposable for that kind of price tag, as you noted. On the other hand, it'd be really odd for them to be in the same price range as AFs and interdictors. It all depends on what CCP expects them to be used for. I have a feeling it's not simply anti-frigate work.

AF fleets are already a thing, add a little to the price tag and its still viable if the stats line up.

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    I wish Tech3 cruisers were 500m a pop again instead of 350m. Then again, I still see HAC gangs over T3 gangs most of the time. Odd.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Quote Originally Posted by whispous View Post
    I wish Tech3 cruisers were 500m a pop again instead of 350m. Then again, I still see HAC gangs over T3 gangs most of the time. Odd.
    Shield or armor hacs? They've still got much nicer mobility so that's probably part of it

Also I'm curious as to how poorly balanced the glass cannon weapons turn out

Super Moderator DonorGlobal Moderator whispous's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BadassMcKill View Post
    Shield or armor hacs? They've still got much nicer mobility so that's probably part of it

Also I'm curious as to how poorly balanced the glass cannon weapons turn out
    Oh yea, Tengus. forgot about that. Tengu fleets. Tengu fleets everywhere. Not as bad as Ishtars though.

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    locking again cos you're all getting weird and being autists about tyres

Skill point loss(and initial skills to get into a t3) and scariness factor(if you mean hac's that aren't ishtars) More people are likely to engage a zealot fleet then a legion fleet.
    Quote Originally Posted by LordsServant
    I know all about botting because I know all about almost everything in eve.

stoked for the tug, highsec ship hauler is something I've always used my orca for.

Quote Originally Posted by Leboe View Post
    stoked for the tug, highsec ship hauler is something I've always used my orca for.
    Good lord, final-fucking-ly. Something to move several BSes in one go. Might be fat gank targets though.
    Lurker. *cloaks*
    EVE - Jadefalcon3r Pryde // Elite Dangerous - CMDR Jenna McDougall // MWO - Voxsera Hazen // STO - reivaxalis@voxsera