hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: The Poastfather Part II - Mafiaheap Gamethread

I'm obviously going with $Toxic

Why? He's a shitlord so obviously he gets a shitlord role i.e mafia.

Also he wants us to all vote

fuck day 1
    [marquee][/marquee]

$LobbyZ Is the only other poster on this page. I guess we can wait another 24 hours now -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Varcaus View Post
    $LobbyZ Is the only other poster on this page. I guess we can wait another 24 hours now -.-
    You should also vote for yourself then as you're the only poster here too
    [marquee][/marquee]

The way I see it, there's no way for the Village to be certain of engineering a tie (the proportion of bad actors is too high - and the random end of day time makes last minute screw ups a real risk) so a random lynching actually gives us better odds than trying for a tie and having the mafia / lunatic fuck it up for us.

Alternatively, we try to engineer a tie (ATM we have Toxic and Cue1 with 1 each) and then assume anybody who defaults is a bad actor and lynch them next time.

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    The way I see it, there's no way for the Village to be certain of engineering a tie (the proportion of bad actors is too high - and the random end of day time makes last minute screw ups a real risk) so a random lynching actually gives us better odds than trying for a tie and having the mafia / lunatic fuck it up for us.

Alternatively, we try to engineer a tie (ATM we have Toxic and Cue1 with 1 each) and then assume anybody who defaults is a bad actor and lynch them next time.
    Right now there's two votes for Toxic, and one for LobbyZ, one for me, and one for Duckduck. I'm not really one to bandwagon day one without proof, so let's try for your tie plan. $LobbyZ, because it creates a tie, and he has more posts than duckduck, giving us more to compare to. Also, Toxic should defend himself for us to also compare to.

$LobbyZ

for being himself

Quote Originally Posted by I Legionnaire View Post
    $LobbyZ

for being himself
    I would strongly considering tieing the vote with someone else.

Bah, 3 votes for LobbyZ, should spread the votes out more if we want to tie it up. Gonna go with $duckduck over Cue for now, as Cue is being more vocal. I'd rather hang quiet ones. It's always the quiet ones. That should be 2 on Toxic and duckduck, 1 on Cue, and 3 on LobbyZ.

I'm going to vote $Toxic to tie up this vote, I thought day 1 was supposed to be calm? Looks like all hell is breaking loose!
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; October 19 2014 at 04:31:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    I'm going to vote $Toxic to tie up this vote, I thought day 1 was supposed to be calm? Looks like all hell is breaking loose!
    My plan is working

Yeah, it has been uncharacteristically lively, but that is a good thing. Another thing is that not having majority abstain = no lynch forces a bit more action, which is also a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ort Lofthus View Post
    Yeah, it has been uncharacteristically lively, but that is a good thing. Another thing is that not having majority abstain = no lynch forces a bit more action, which is also a good thing.
    That's the theory, anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Canadians are usually cooler.
    Thermonuclear Banana Split - A not-really-weekly Eclipse Phase campaign journal

$Lobbyz

This will end badly. The village idiot will obviously switch his vote last minute, forcing a lynch of him the next day.
    Amantus for mod 2012 2013 2014 2015 2016

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    $Lobbyz

This will end badly. The village idiot will obviously switch his vote last minute, forcing a lynch of him the next day.
    So instead you'll try to log-roll Lobbyz as a random lynching? Yeah this seems like even more of a sane plan. If I wasn't already voting for you, I'd vote for you now.

I make it 4 Lobbyz, 2 Toxic, 2 Duckduck, 1 Cue.
    Last edited by Kai; October 19 2014 at 11:48:16 AM.

Doesn't that vote break the tie toxic?
    As it currently stands 4 people have voted to lynch Lobby (Legionnaires, Varcus, Cue and Toxic). 3 people have voted for Toxic (Walrus, Lobby and Kai).
    So I'm going to vote $Toxic to restore the tie.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LobbyZ View Post
    Why? He's a shitlord so obviously he gets a shitlord role i.e mafia.
    This sounds a lot like deflecting

I got my eye on you

$Lobbyz

I dont like this post at all.

A cheap trick I have used, successfully, before is to wait for a few votes to be cast, then set it up like these are now the only alternatives.

The mafia knows none of their members are on the list, the people on the list will go into self preservation mode and target eachother, and the rest of the village will have their minds boxed in by the list.

$Kai

Quote Originally Posted by Toxic View Post
    Lobbyz

So instead you'll try to log-roll Lobbyz as a random lynching? Yeah this seems like even more of a sane plan. If I wasn't already voting for you, I'd vote for you now.

I make it 4 Lobbyz, 2 Toxic, 2 Duckduck, 1 Cue.
    This already being set up as a vote between Lobbyz and myself would you rather have me vote for myself?

Or sit on my vote, looking like I will swing in at the last minute and save my own skin?

Your post above already states that it will be difficult to engineer a tie. Ill one up you and say a tie wont happen with a village idiot around.

So why on earth would I not have voted for lobbyz, except I saw through that in my post above.

Edit: Removed dollar tag from quote.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    $cue1

$toxic

trying too hard

Toxic, why do you keep breaking the tie?
    Your last switch will result in you being lynched. What are you playing at?