Trigger warning!! **INCOMING WALL OF TEXT!!!**
Nope. And I find it quite sad that you still haven't figured out the difference between banter and collusion. One is meaningless and happens all of the time. The fine line gets broken when you push a narrative within journalism. If it was so meaningless as you try to make out then Kyle Orland wouldn't have made a 2 page post on Ars Technica defending his part in the whole thing along with a number of others including John Funk who you posted. It's one thing to say, "this game sucks because of XXX, so I'm going to write a bad story on it" and "this game sucks because of XXX, so we're all going to write stories on it and if you don't we can make this very uncomfortable for you within this tiny sphere of games journalism".Originally Posted by Itiken
Any line of communication can be used for fun or for illicit purposes. And many of the entries show plenty of funny stuff meant for behind doors joking. The problem is that it was also used for more than that which is where we run into issues.Originally Posted by Itiken
SJP isn't a government agency. Breeches of their policy break no US laws unless a charge of racketeering can be proved.Originally Posted by Itiken
The PMRC was chaired by Tipper Gore. In both cases of Heavy Metal/Rock and violent video games the weights were balanced on both sides of the political spectrum. In this case you have both liberal and conservative types were are part of GamerGate. It's an extremely odd mix when you realize that people who would normally not support each other are doing so in this instance. It's pretty telling when religious conservatives are calling out the extremist anti-GamerGaters for fucking up the pro-homosexual game convention GaymerX just because they wanted a neutral stance.Originally Posted by Itiken
Ooookaaaaay. Right, because GamerGate is secretly against women devs so much that we have to hide those beliefs instead of being very open about them. In fact the journalists being implicated in all of this are the real crusaders here and they're exposing our secret cabal of women haters. Oh wait, since when did shitty journalists become "female devs"?Now we're at period of video games will make us sexist and misogynists.We were to humble ourselves before these patrons of morality and submit to their will despite the very muddled science of their beliefs.So they who would stop you from having D&D now will stop you from computergaming because of the science of their beliefs? Even skipping over the "science != Belief" problem Modern neo-Conservative ideology is perfectly aligned with the current 'GG' philosophy. Games are for men. Women are objects adn should be paid less / treated as such / in the kitchen. Children should do as their parents did, not listen to heavy metal and not play games parents do not understand with picturs of wizzards in them.muddled science of their beliefs
Also, why did you break up the sentences like that? Do you not understand context?
Ummm, one thing kicked it off. The other thing contributed. You seem to be trying to blow up both as a primary reason for the existence of GamerGate.So gamergate is taking a stand. A stand against moral panic. against Political Correctness gone mad. against the system trying to oppress gamers out of their thingies. Is it now. interesting. A few pages ago it was about journalism and stopping the journalist from writing things that they have discussed. Though a few pages before that it was about a woman who wrote a game getting a review she allegedly paid for with her vagina. Make up your mind man. You can see why the people are confused.Originally Posted by Itiken
Let me make this a bit clearer for you.
- Shitty female game dev made a shitty game and slept with some people to get good review in kotaku and to win major awards at a rigged indy convention
- Turns out that the exbf thinks the timeline is off by one month so game press might not be true. Game Journos go apeshit and claim issue is debunked.
- Ignore previous game press in RPS which wasn't an official review and the awards issue.
- Game Journos confused why they're the target. Double down on misogyny to put off Gamers.
- Gamers go on investigating and find shitty behavior by Game Journos. Shitty female game devs is never mentioned after this point from GamerGate.
- Gamer Journos don't understand why no one was pissy before. Keep bring up Shitty Female Game dev and Anna Sarkeesian....because misogyny.
- #notyourshield tells them to fuck off. Issue isn't inclusiveness, but shitty Game Journos. Are called Uncle Toms and traitors
- Game Journos start losing advertisers. Call GamerGate a hate campaign again. Claim all anonymous harassers are part of GamerGate. Claim GamerGate is the reason for all harassment of Shitty Female Game dev, Anna Sarkeesian, and now Brianna Wu (who plugs her game with sexualized female characters furiously).
GJP is still in service. Those believed to have leaked it were kicked out.Originally Posted by Itiken
Gamers are consumers. When consumers get shit on they complain. This happens in EVERY SINGLE INDUSTRY. Remember when the Mass Effect 3 ending was so bad that consumers complained and Bioware provided an alternative ending? Remember the T-20 incident in EvE and the result of that screw up? That's because they want those consumers to buy/sub their games again. Consumers give you money and if you're shitty to consumers then they don't give you money. This isn't rocket science. If someone wants to make a game with whatever political ideology, they're free to do so, just don't expect to rake in money for it.Gamers are spoiled brats. It's not a question it's a statement of fact.