hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 68 of 79 FirstFirst ... 18586566676869707178 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,360 of 1572

Thread: Zekk Pacus' I am not good at naming these hardware thread, Feb '15

Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    don't think this has been posted anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38526705

looks neat, if lol gaming laptop

Imagine whipping that out on a plane!

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Helen View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by teds :D View Post
    don't think this has been posted anywhere?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-38526705

looks neat, if lol gaming laptop

Imagine whipping that out on a plane!
    no worse than the fat person or first time flyer i always get fucking lumped with

Super Chillerator Global Moderator teds :D's Avatar
    update, they've been nicked lmao

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-38565913

fucking lol, love it when this kind of stuff gets nicked. Reminds me of when Canon or Nikon or someone had a preview of a new dslr get stolen from a tech show

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

ok bloods cpmputer is IN and IT WOKRS BYUT

When mounting the 1050ti I found that the rear of it was running into the cpu heatsink. The quick and nasty fix for it was to rotate the cpu heatsink so it's now vertical which got the GPU in but because this is a prebuild (HP 6300 full tower) the fan feeding the cpu heatsink is actually a case fan using a plastic duct which now does fuck all because the heatsink is facing the wrong way. I didn't think I could do this but my colleague said why the fuck not..

Surely the cpu socket and heatsink itself are standard LGA1155 right? Because in that case I could put a low profile AIO liquid cooler that would solve the clearance issue and keep the cpu nice and chilly.

I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

I think I'm going to have to test the warranty on my monitor. Over the last week I've started getting a lot of image persistence if I leave the creek more than 10 minutes untouched. It fixes easily, and it's easy to NOT leave the screen immobile, but it m very certain this shouldn't be happening and is a bad sign for the longevity on this panel.

Annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Alex Caine View Post
    I think I'm going to have to test the warranty on my monitor. Over the last week I've started getting a lot of image persistence if I leave the creek more than 10 minutes untouched. It fixes easily, and it's easy to NOT leave the screen immobile, but it m very certain this shouldn't be happening and is a bad sign for the longevity on this panel.

Annoying.
    I had issues with image retention on an older 20" Dell Ultrasharp about...7(?) years ago...Mainly the action bar in World of Warcraft was almost burned in to the bottom of the screen.

Had the 3 year coverage with Dell and they sent another out and never had the same issue.

Yeah, figure it's a faulty panel. No issues for 2 months so was good enough to pass there QA process, but obviously not quite right. No biggie, I'll sort it Monday. It's perfectly usable in the meantime, but for a fucking expensive screen (big ass 4K one) it's just a pain.

Had some image retention issues with m 2713H so I had some back and forth with Dell. Ended up with 3 panels, all with the same issues. First got a refurbished one, which was perfectly fine except it had the exact same issues as the first one. They then decided they would swap the refurb for a brand new one and see if I still had the same issue. Got the new monitor, same issue, at which point they basically said it's working as intended.

Never came around to pick up the refurb tho, so I decided to keep that one and sell the new one for the same I gave for the monitor in the first place. Pretty good deal imo
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

AMD IS BACK IN THE GAME WOO LAD

phoneposting

Is of happenings!
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot View Post
    Idk about that, and i'm fucking stupid.

Fancomicidolkostümier- ungsspielgruppenzusammenkunft
    What a time to be alive.

I'm looking forward to the reviews tbh.
      Spoiler:
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    But islamism IS a product of class warfare. Rich white countries come into developing brown dictatorships, wreck the leadership, infrastructure and economy and then act all surprised that religious fanaticism is on the rise.
    Also:
    Quote Originally Posted by Tellenta View Post
    walrus isnt a bad poster.
    Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post
    also i like walrus.
    Quote Originally Posted by AmaNutin View Post
    Yer a hoot

Smuggo
    Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    AMD IS BACK IN THE GAME WOO LAD
    is it tho?

I'm honestly not setting my hopes too high, I'm willing to bet good money they'll have temperature issues and not be as good single threaded as they're claiming but if they're anywhere near close then we're back to the good old phenom II days

phoneposting

Donor
    Single-thread performance is good, although trailing the 7700K by a bit because Rysen can't clock as high. I don't expect temperature issues with the CPU at all, their TDP is fairly low and AMD knows how to mount a heat-spreader so it doesn't add 20c to the damn chip. Big issue seems to be motherboards. The cheaper ones are reported to be holding 8-core Rysens back due to weak VRMs.

AMD back? Hell yeah. If I was building a new system soon I'd be going for a 1700X, no question.

I got an old workstation from work and the best card I could get for it was a 1050Ti. Really wish I had the money spare to go for a small all AMD build

phoneposting

Quote Originally Posted by 56k Lagman View Post
    I got an old workstation from work and the best card I could get for it was a 1050Ti. Really wish I had the money spare to go for a small all AMD build
    If only They had managed to get Vega delivered at the same time, still the 2-3 months wait will be enough for the issues with RyZen to be identified and what motherboards and chipsets are viable to show. But I still don't feel any need to upgrade my I7 920 the games it does not play wont play well with any computer any way, feels like I would be buying a PC just for the sake of new and i have some cash available... not the way I like to make decisions.

"Kerning is serious business"
    And having an image that does not cause Autism attacks even more so.

4930k kicked the bucket, waiting on the replacement from Intel now. Meanwhile macfapping

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?İDoomchinchilla 2015

Hi guys.

I have a Intel i7 5820k with a noctua nh-15d for over 2 years now.
    I'm not sure, but I think it's running hotter now then it did in the beginning. Could it be that I have to replace the thermal paste already? Or is the chance higher that I just remember wrong?
    The Rapier is my love boat
    ~lowsec smallscale pvp 'n stuff~

There is no reason you should have to replace the thermal paste unless it wasn't properly applied in the first place. What are the temps and what clocks do you run?
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.