hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them

Thread: Unity Playmaker

Unity Playmaker

I've come up with a couple ideas that I think would make for a compelling game or two. The general consensus I've seen here is that idea's/armchair designers are a dime a dozen and mean next to nothing without a workable prototype, etc. So, as a non programmer I'm looking into options to create, at the very least, a playable prototype.

I've heard good things about Unity3d being very easy to start creating things with and the I came across this: http://www.hutonggames.com

Does anyone have any experience with it or could give me some advice on how to continue?
    "We need less dakka dakka!" -No one. Ever.

I think Unity3d will probably be your best option, but it's far from easy. It's certainly easier than other options, but you'll have to learn the development environment, C#/Java, and (depending on your game) basic character modelling/rigging/animating and the entire workflow process of importing all that into your game.

There are some good tutorials out there. Hop on YouTube, download the free versions, and start fucking around.

aka Mitix