hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 310111213

Thread: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Corwyna View Post
    Also, fuck cavalary with a rusted pike, especially mercenery ones.
    They seem pretty worthless to me, stopped using them after a while.
    30+ cavalry is hard to stop from messing with my archers. When caught on flat ground on top of it it is a disaster. Truth be told, I should be breaking down my army to smaller chunks. I blame it on ui, but I'm just lazy.
    Hiro Cor

No the UI isn't exactly perfect and a lot of the time settings doesn't stick. Can't remember how many times I've had to set my companions roles because they've reset.

I've tended to run pretty Archer heavy builds and the high tier archers just shred all the cavalry charges. It's an AI problem I think, the AI tends to throw them away early in a glorious GOT Dothraki charging the army of the dead fashion.

No the UI isn't exactly perfect and a lot of the time settings doesn't stick. Can't remember how many times I've had to set my companions roles because they've reset.

I've tended to run pretty Archer heavy builds and the high tier archers just shred all the cavalry charges. It's an AI problem I think, the AI tends to throw them away early in a glorious GOT Dothraki charging the army of the dead fashion.
    ~You have to set your companion roles in the "right " order.

Say you set first companion to scout by hitting the right arrow. Now if you go to companion 2 and scroll past scout to something else, say quatermaster, using the right arrow key, it removes the previous companions scout role as you briefly had the second dude as a scout. Think of it as the worlds most obtuse minigame puzzle. You have to set your scout last if going right, or your surgeon last if going left. /Or more realistically, you need to set the two middle ones before doing scout/surgeon, remembering to switch from left to right so you dont wipe it all out

On manually controlling troops. Im at that stage now where im past the beginning of the game and my hammering f6 does nothing good for me. Wanna do the whole spam archers, shield wall in front, cavelry protecting the sides but god DAMN the controls are clunky and the UI is basically the worst. This is a "you have to remember the hotkeys" game right? my keyboard fu is weak

*roleplay

It ain't Total War. Personally I found it enough to manually lead at first, F6 when I want to get into the fight & retake control if it looks like the AI is going to get caught out by enemy reinforcements.

Also, imo, if you're getting companions for their support skills from the start of the game, you're both stopping yourself levelling up your own scout, medic etc skills while also losing companion slots that would be better used for leading parties/caravans or governing towns.

I wish I could give my companions parties areas to patrol. It's annoying having them scurrying off to the frontline when I have raiders pillaging my villages.

Motherofgod! You can pay 10 influence to maintain army cohesion. Wish i knew that 20 hours ago!

*roleplay

Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    It ain't Total War.
    really
    Quote Originally Posted by QuackBot
    Pastry.. That the best you can do?
    Quote Originally Posted by NotXenosis View Post

M8, i have discussions that spam multiple accounts, you aren't even on my level

Also, fuck cavalary with a rusted pike, especially mercenery ones.
    They seem pretty worthless to me, stopped using them after a while.
    30+ cavalry is hard to stop from messing with my archers. When caught on flat ground on top of it it is a disaster. Truth be told, I should be breaking down my army to smaller chunks. I blame it on ui, but I'm just lazy.
    I've gone the opposite way and use nothing but cavalry. 50/50 lancers and archers. They reap!
    Just started a new playthrough the other day where I go for only horsearchers, small party size and not joining any nation. Just harassing caravans and lords returning from wars. Even forcing myself to stick to horsearchery so I won't rack up silly numbers of kills with a rhompalalalawtf-stick the way I do on my main playthrough. The long bladed polearm that you swing whatever it's called.

Running your own kingdom is realy bugged and underdeveloped at the moment tho.
    All my vassals do is run around like drunkards, getting captured or starting random wars with people we realy don't want to pick a fight with while fighting 3 other nations.
    They recently formed an army just to raid some villages right next to our own town. Didn't even go for a castle or anything. Just being dicks to the civillians, making them hate us.
    Last edited by Ashaz; May 7 2020 at 07:32:27 PM.

this is a good mod

Patch day today. Attacked one settlement and took it after 12 minutes as there was one!! enemy militia hidden somewhere. And then it promptly crashed on the result screen.

I think I'll do laundry instead today.

Patch day today. Attacked one settlement and took it after 12 minutes as there was one!! enemy militia hidden somewhere. And then it promptly crashed on the result screen.

Got my moneys worth. Solid early access. taking a break until they patch it up. Maybe in a few months get back in.

They hotfixed that a few hours later

*roleplay

They've never managed to fix the one guy stuck in a wall thing though.

Smashing the accelerated time button on and off seems to get your guys to be able to swing through walls often enough to get rid of them.
    Last edited by Nobody_Holme; May 9 2020 at 12:04:08 PM. Reason: clarity