hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8910111213 LastLast
Results 201 to 220 of 253

Thread: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

  1. #201
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Siege camp mechanics are completely broken right now. The only way to siege is to just build a ram and instantly assault. Building any siege weapons is pointless- the AI starts with a wall full of defenses which instantly destroy any siege weapon you build.

    The only way to use siege weapons right now is to build it and instantly move it to reserves, and you need at least 8 siege weapons in your reserves before you can even think about beginning bombardment due to how many you will lose.

    Oh, and while you slowly build up siege engines (you can only build one at a time, and the speed is not modified by how many men are in your army) your food supplies are running out and you have to spend influence to keep your army from breaking apart. Militia and garrison do not suffer attrition to starvation right now either.

    I get that sieges are not supposed to be "easy" but when the optimal tactic is to just... not siege and rush the walls, it needs some work still. (yes yes early access i know)


    FYI you can move your siege weapons into reserve once they are built. Build a few of them then move them all out of reserve at the same time.
    You know whats also funny is that I've been having my siege rams get destroyed before they even reach the gates lately, and I can't figure out how to build more than one to have reserves.

  2. #202
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    919
    Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Siege camp mechanics are completely broken right now. The only way to siege is to just build a ram and instantly assault. Building any siege weapons is pointless- the AI starts with a wall full of defenses which instantly destroy any siege weapon you build.

    The only way to use siege weapons right now is to build it and instantly move it to reserves, and you need at least 8 siege weapons in your reserves before you can even think about beginning bombardment due to how many you will lose.

    Oh, and while you slowly build up siege engines (you can only build one at a time, and the speed is not modified by how many men are in your army) your food supplies are running out and you have to spend influence to keep your army from breaking apart. Militia and garrison do not suffer attrition to starvation right now either.

    I get that sieges are not supposed to be "easy" but when the optimal tactic is to just... not siege and rush the walls, it needs some work still. (yes yes early access i know)


    FYI you can move your siege weapons into reserve once they are built. Build a few of them then move them all out of reserve at the same time.
    He said that above, it's a bit insane that you need 8 of them to start taking out their defenses. I agree seiges need a rework, maybe a RNG factor on commiting siege weapons to counter enemy walls, or leave the whole thing to the battle itself, let the siege engines duke it out there. I find the food issue is easy to counter, just bring food animals, but the cohesion thing should be softened while you are doing a siege.

  3. #203
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,403
    BTW I when I talk about having 8 siege engines I am talking about the actual siege playing out on the campaign map. When you deploy your siege engines there, the defending siege engines hone in with laser accuracy on your catapults, which cant seem to hit any fucking targets.

    Siege engines seem next to useless in the actual battle because you can't direct them to focus on any targets. Except I guess, again, for the defender, since I've seen ballistae gunners bringing down battering rams on a regular basis.

    What they really need is to implement food and starvation mechanics for the defenders first and foremost, which shouldn't be too hard (right?) then they should take a look at the siege engines.

  4. #204

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,671
    I get the feeling that defenders don't starve because the AI can't handle town or inventory management, not to mention how prosperity currently screws up your settlements food supply with there being little you can do about it. Been in a few armies that suddenly starved because I was the only lord who brought food, though I suspect that's more an issue with lords not leaving an army till cohesion gets low, regardless of circumstances.

    edit: On reflection, the AIs tendency to cram castle & town garrisons with troops is the real food issue. I like the idea in principle - that it's a tradeoff between having enough troops to defend a siege & enough food to sustain them otherwise.

    edit2: King keeps giving me fiefs & the game doesn't tell me, nor does it warn me about sieges.
    Last edited by Lancehot; April 11 2020 at 01:57:11 AM.

  5. #205
    Lachesis VII's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 20, 2011
    Location
    Egghelende
    Posts
    5,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    BTW I when I talk about having 8 siege engines I am talking about the actual siege playing out on the campaign map. When you deploy your siege engines there, the defending siege engines hone in with laser accuracy on your catapults, which cant seem to hit any fucking targets.

  6. #206
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,921
    A 90kg projectile over 300m you say?
    Interesting.

  7. #207

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,671
    At first I didn't really get the point of minor factions, but they're annoying lil buggers when you own frontline feifs & the enemy has hired a few as mercenaries.

  8. #208
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,403

  9. #209

    Join Date
    April 18, 2011
    Posts
    3,340
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    At first I didn't really get the point of minor factions, but they're annoying lil buggers when you own frontline feifs & the enemy has hired a few as mercenaries.
    Capture their leaders and off with their heads. No clan, No problem.

  10. #210
    Malcanis's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 12, 2011
    Posts
    17,259
    Quote Originally Posted by Kilabi View Post
    Yeah, loads of stuff is still very broken. Also waiting till 1.0 before I try it again.

    Best companion to get:

    The quest with the daughter that got kidnapped by her lover. Kill the lover, take her back. Now the girl is running around as a character in her home village. Talk to her, recruit her.

    Now you have a companion with 1 in every stat/skill, 0*multiplier on everything and -255 skillpoint so she will never level up. She dies pretty much every simulated fight and can do basically nothing.
    But did you get a thankyou shag out of it?
    Quote Originally Posted by Isyel View Post
    And btw, you're such a fucking asshole it genuinely amazes me on a regular basis how you manage to function.

  11. #211

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,671
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartan Dax View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancehot View Post
    At first I didn't really get the point of minor factions, but they're annoying lil buggers when you own frontline feifs & the enemy has hired a few as mercenaries.
    Capture their leaders and off with their heads. No clan, No problem.
    Been resisting the urge for lolplay reasons (I want the honour trait). Lords I capture raiding or sieging go for a time-out in the dungeon. Otherwise I let them go. Have lots of crossbowmen in my party to get as many prisoners as possible, too.

    Now up to four fiefs in my current campaign. Only found out about my latest aquisition when I stopped off to leave some prisoners & noticed the manage castle option. Drowning in influence now because of the policy that gives +1 for every notable in each fief.

    edit: & another castle for the collection, this time despite voting for a different clan to get it & nobody supporting me. Is this a bug?
    Last edited by Lancehot; April 12 2020 at 04:10:45 PM.

  12. #212
    Approaching Walrus's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 8, 2013
    Posts
    9,403
    Kingdom diplomacy is totally borked. The game kinda falls apart once you start taking cities over imo. Needs a lot of work on economy and unit balancing still as well as some ck2 style diplomacy.

    For example, archers and horse archers are maybe a tad bit too strong, unfortunately there are a legion of people on the steam forums screaming about their army of charging footmen getting torn apart by arrows and I'm thinking the devs will nerf archers into the ground. They have already nerfed a few things that the forums were crying about unfortunately.

    Hope they can stick to their design principles and not bow to autistic screeching on forums like so many studios.

  13. #213

    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Chair
    Posts
    6,671
    Some of the changes they've made in patches have me a little worried this EA is less "here's what we've got, help us player test it as we continue to flesh it out" & more "here's what we've got, help us figure out what to do with itl."

  14. #214
    Lief Siddhe's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 15, 2011
    Location
    Zagreb, Croatia
    Posts
    7,231
    the more i read about this the more it seems like it's the first mount & blade with a reskin. all the issues mentioned were in the first game.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

  15. #215
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    the more i read about this the more it seems like it's the first mount & blade with a reskin. all the issues mentioned were in the first game.
    After ~100 hours this seams to be correct. It is a visual upgrade on original one, but it still looks dated. The diplomacy parts looks like placeholder, there are some nice additions to clan and parties, but it looks like early sketch, not finished game after 8 years of development. In some regards it might be worse, example weapon availability and stats (anecdotal evidence, the spear I had lost couched property between patches, the couched weapons are actually not easy to find on market etc).
    I'm repeating myself, but after 8 years I would expect more mature early access.
    Hiro Cor

  16. #216
    rufuske's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Posts
    2,946
    Did anyone actually believe they spent those 8 years developing it?

  17. #217
    Corwyna's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 10, 2011
    Location
    Croatistan
    Posts
    3,401
    Quote Originally Posted by rufuske View Post
    Did anyone actually believe they spent those 8 years developing it?
    I was hoping they spent those 8 years developing it
    Hiro Cor

  18. #218
    Jack Coutu's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 9, 2011
    Location
    marketjacker
    Posts
    919
    Even 4 years would of been enough time for a semi competent team.

  19. #219
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    9,796
    With a limited team/resources a custom game engine built from scratch with the specifications for it layed out in the devblogs 8 years is not a stretch. It's a long time but I am not raising my eyebrows over it.

  20. #220
    Shaikar's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Kador
    Posts
    2,921
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    With a limited team/resources a custom game engine built from scratch with the specifications for it layed out in the devblogs 8 years is not a stretch. It's a long time but I am not raising my eyebrows over it.
    Aye, this.
    To be honest, a "warband reskin" is essentially what I was expecting; there are some improvements but as with many such things it'll be big mods that really give it juice.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •