hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 78910111213 LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Can we change the thread title to Mount and Blade II: Loadinglord ?

I wouldn't mind so much if so many of the conversation options didn't push me back out through another loading screen, only to have to go through the loading screen again to get back to use another conversation option.

Other than that I'm enjoying this game.

The mod that removes party limit for raising bandit hideouts is essential. Forest bandits and steppe raiders are ridiculous with their archery especially when they outnumber you 10:1 because you can only take like 8 troops and you're on a timed quest to clear the camp. IMO this mechanic is in need of a rework. I've seen camps with over 50 steppe raiders in them.

https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbl...erlord/mods/35
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; April 4 2020 at 04:50:54 PM.

I don't really know what to do at this point. I've got 100k gold and like 70 horse archers I can murderize stuff with. Joined the mongols but idk how to get them to give me a castle. Can't be fucked to ride around looking for more lords to interview while we're at war with the entire Empire.

Got given a castle, but it got captured almost immediately after Castle management looked as efficient but sterile as a lot of other UI related changes from warband. More things to upgrade, but all you seem to do is click buttons to queue them up, throw money at them to make it faster, & then leave it to it. Don't think you can upgrade villages, either, as that all now seems to happen through the steward skill tree.

On a different, note, they really need to sort out AI formations interpreting "face enemy" to mean the closest enemy unit, regardless of where the rest are (think that's what's going on, anyway). Simple enough to deal with when you're in command, but AI leaders just leave their formations spinning in circles.

edit: Got a castle for keeps this time. I think (don't quote me) the voting process for who gets a fief involves a whole bunch of variables, including: how much claimants contributed to capturing it; their relationship with other clans (who have influence to spend); their relationship with the faction leader (who has the final say); clan level; & number of fiefs a clan already has. From what I've seen, spending your influence is more noteable for the relationship bonus/penalty it causes than actually changing the result. Actually running a fief is pretty boring, as it's all done through one screen & all you seem to do is queue up what you want to build & let ingame time pass to do it.

edit2: & after a multiplayer crash & verifying files, the game has apparently deleted the last 24 hours worth of campaign progress. Motivation to keep playing has just evaporated.
    Last edited by Lancehot; April 6 2020 at 12:59:32 AM.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    It's just impossible to get a fief on its legs again if it's starving/poor prosperity. Game has a lot of issues atm, think I'm going to give it a break until they balance and fix the most glaring issues

Yeah, loads of stuff is still very broken. Also waiting till 1.0 before I try it again.

Best companion to get:

The quest with the daughter that got kidnapped by her lover. Kill the lover, take her back. Now the girl is running around as a character in her home village. Talk to her, recruit her.

Now you have a companion with 1 in every stat/skill, 0*multiplier on everything and -255 skillpoint so she will never level up. She dies pretty much every simulated fight and can do basically nothing.

I really like the skelton of the thing they are building here, but then I started to think, how is this all they have afer 8 years of dev? I mean say you restarted the engine from scratch, you still are building and upgraded version of the previous game. The concepts are all there, what has this time been spent doing? Anything at all?

The more I think of it the more frustrating the idea becomes. I really hope EA doesn't give them carte blanche to spool this project out for another two years, but I'm in at discount prices anyways so who cares. So far I've gotten my money out of it, and mods and future updates should see the game become better than Warband.

EA is only supposed to last a year, though we'll see. Depends how much of the unfinished feeling stuff is actually unfinished as opposed to simply being kept out while they balance & bug fix what's currently implemented. Today's patch added skill gain to arena & tournament fights, which was one of the first things I noticed wasn't working on day one.

edit: Out of curiosity, started a new game just travelling alone from town to town, doing tournaments & arena fights. In about two hours I had higher combat, riding & athletic skills than in my previous, 20ish hour campaign. Also, because bartering now gives charm xp, you can level it up by paying bandits not to attack you. Only cost me 2-300 gold a time.
    Last edited by Lancehot; April 7 2020 at 02:15:20 PM.

For what its worth, Captain mode MP with Bent and Brock last night was glorious.

CAPTAIN MODE BEST MODE
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

So what's the verdict? Get it or wait?

Assuming they still aren't planning to do another sale until after it leaves EA, I'd say get it while it's discounted. Multiplayer is fun. Campaign can be played for hours even if it's still a long way from finished.

It's basically a reskin of Warband. Not much has changed (the graphics are updated, and the character building/skills system). If you liked Warband/M&B in general, then you might as well get it at the discount. Just don't expect anything revolutionary.
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

I'd say get it, then wait to play it. Kinda a nothing game but lots of promise and the mods will be glorious.

Siege camp mechanics are completely broken right now. The only way to siege is to just build a ram and instantly assault. Building any siege weapons is pointless- the AI starts with a wall full of defenses which instantly destroy any siege weapon you build.

The only way to use siege weapons right now is to build it and instantly move it to reserves, and you need at least 8 siege weapons in your reserves before you can even think about beginning bombardment due to how many you will lose.

Oh, and while you slowly build up siege engines (you can only build one at a time, and the speed is not modified by how many men are in your army) your food supplies are running out and you have to spend influence to keep your army from breaking apart. Militia and garrison do not suffer attrition to starvation right now either.

I get that sieges are not supposed to be "easy" but when the optimal tactic is to just... not siege and rush the walls, it needs some work still. (yes yes early access i know)
    Last edited by Approaching Walrus; April 9 2020 at 12:13:14 PM.

I found that I built a battering ram and when I attacked the ladders went up quicker than the ram was able to reach the gates. This caused the AI to abandon the ram and run everyone to the ladders. Why couldn't I just use ladders from the start then?

Could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure you can launch an assault once the siege camp has finished building, with or without extra equipment.

Was clearing hideout on autopilot as a nice income boost. Went to desert and ran a 30ish steppe dudes one. My party had to drag my unconcious corpse from it. GG, no re.

Quote Originally Posted by Approaching Walrus View Post
    Siege camp mechanics are completely broken right now. The only way to siege is to just build a ram and instantly assault. Building any siege weapons is pointless- the AI starts with a wall full of defenses which instantly destroy any siege weapon you build.

The only way to use siege weapons right now is to build it and instantly move it to reserves, and you need at least 8 siege weapons in your reserves before you can even think about beginning bombardment due to how many you will lose.

Oh, and while you slowly build up siege engines (you can only build one at a time, and the speed is not modified by how many men are in your army) your food supplies are running out and you have to spend influence to keep your army from breaking apart. Militia and garrison do not suffer attrition to starvation right now either.

I get that sieges are not supposed to be "easy" but when the optimal tactic is to just... not siege and rush the walls, it needs some work still. (yes yes early access i know)

FYI you can move your siege weapons into reserve once they are built. Build a few of them then move them all out of reserve at the same time.

So from watching and reading reviews, I'll wait a bit for this to get patched, and get it when it goes on a sale in a year or so and when someone makes a Warhammer mod
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.