hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord

Reviews of this on steam are quite positive, although it is apparently a bit buggy.

It's a steal with all the discounts though. Will deffo get on payday

Already better than vanilla Warband. Can't wait too see what modders will do with it.

Game started off in borderless & was unplayable because of constant stuttering. Switching to fullscreen fixed that. So far only did the campaign tutorial before playing multiplayer. It's much fun, though as they warn it's not balanced & can be buggy (though nothing too bad yet). Slower attacks mean you can't just spam lmb, though it can become a cluster pretty quick with the camera swinging all over & a few people fighting close together. Unsurprisingly, I'm terrible & have yet to be on a winning team (no coincidence). Not sure why TDM isn't ranked, but it's fun if you want to dick about for a bit & get a feel for how classes fight without it affecting your precious stats.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I do resent paying 50 quid for it
    literally merely 10-20% discount later

It's a steal
    You're such an uncurable Scotsman! I should know because I am from a part of the world that is known for the same stereotype <3

First impressions of the game so far (I've only played it about an hour): It plays and feels exactly like the original Warband. Plus a lot of enhancements (more responsive combat for one). And ofc better gfx. That's my 2 cents and first impressions so far

IT'S HARVESTING SEASON

Poland treats me like shit and I hate them as a result of it

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

It's a steal
    You're such an uncurable Scotsman! I should know because I am from a part of the world that is known for the same stereotype <3

First impressions of the game so far (I've only played it about an hour): It plays and feels exactly like the original Warband. Plus a lot of enhancements (more responsive combat for one). And ofc better gfx. That's my 2 cents and first impressions so far
    50 quid for an early access game is outrageous mate.

30 quid is reasonable

Favourite things in campaign so far: Civillian clothes & random NPCs giving trade tips for the nearest towns.

They've added a lot of nice stuff on top of the basic gameplay loop from Warband. I like it.

The scene transitions take a bit too long though, I don't want to look at a black screen for a couple of seconds while it loads who I'm looking at.

30 quid is reasonable
    agree.

Played all day. Apart from a bit of performance and some bugs this is a solid improvement on warband. This is a great game.

Ive watched a bit of gameplay, seems like a fresh concept. But what is it actually about? Is there any storytelling? Any goals? Timed events?

While i like games like Stellaris / Rimworld where you make up your story as you go, this seems very barebone so far. Not sure i would enjoy it long-term.

It provides the same thing as Rimworld in a different manner. If you don't enjoy the gameplay the story is meaningless but that's what made me like it so much. The power curve is extreme in the orginal, you start off as a bitch running from everything and end a unstoppable Iron Man prototype firing arrows like lasers and killing hundreds on your own. I would say this in Early Access might be bare for you, perhaps consider waiting to closer to full release.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

It's a steal

30 quid is reasonable
    Oh, I don't disagree with it being (a bit) outrageous. I just find it amusing that a 20% discount was all it took for it to go from "outrageous" to "a steal"
    Last edited by helgur; March 31 2020 at 05:40:11 AM.

Captain mode with peasants is a laugh.

Tried being good since release. Then raided my first Caravan. My god, I've been missing out :O
    You should only be harsh when, as often happens, kindness proves useless.
    -Prince Eugene of Savoy

Modders already doing developers' work lmao

SCREAMERLORD - Command soldiers with your voice

This 'mod' consists of two custom VoiceAttack profiles that allow you to control your army with your voice. Voiceattack is an independent app that allows voice-activated control for apps and games*. In bannerlord, it allows us to command hands-free and to have a clean, immersive, HUD-free gameplay experience.
    https://www.nexusmods.com/mountandbl...nerlord/mods/3

I mean Taleworlds has embraced modding for a long time now, unlike a lot of game devs that don't understand how valueable it can be.

Ah man I'll need to get this, I remember how in the original I used to play all infantry Rhodoks just because they were the worst
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Suprisingly decent patches already put out. I really have been playing 5 different games, Tarkov, HOI 4, Stellaris, Hollow Knight and this. Just to take up my time and take my mind off things and not get burnt out on them. I spent all yesterday just doing this one though and for an EA it's really great, hopefully they get to implement all they wanted and the feedback helps speed the improvement up.

Think this game will eventually push me to upgrade my PC, but holding off coz I can't yet tell what's due to my hardware being subpar & what's on the game's end - since I get pretty massive performance differences between multiplayer, custom & campaign battles.