hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Patchnotes 2nd October

Quote Originally Posted by Calgus View Post
    It needs a role of some kind.

Right now there's no reason or situation you could use it in.
    I highly doubt that there's no situation where it's good but I haven't used it so I dunno. I think this is a case of TR needing to get used to situational weapons, like the VS have dealt with since Alpha.

Quote Originally Posted by ValorousBob View Post

I highly doubt that there's no situation where it's good but I haven't used it so I dunno. I think this is a case of TR needing to get used to situational weapons, like the VS have dealt with since Alpha.
    Wait ... are we talking about the cloak or the Striker?

Quote Originally Posted by Cortess View Post

Wait ... are we talking about the cloak or the Striker?
    I guess striker. Niether original or Bobs response makes sense in terms of talking about the cloak and its viability.

Yeah, but Calgus' looked like a reply to the cloak issue.
    Last edited by Cortess; October 6 2014 at 04:17:27 PM.

Yeah I was talking about the Striker, but based on the time stamp I was also high as fuck when I wrote that.

Does it wait for LOS before it independently locks on?

If so, its now awesome for killing pop-up attackers as you can just lob the rocket past the cover they are using.

Quote Originally Posted by Nicholai Pestot View Post

Does it wait for LOS before it independently locks on?

If so, its now awesome for killing pop-up attackers as you can just lob the rocket past the cover they are using.
    If it's just like coyote missiles, which is what they implied, then yes that's how it works. You only need to get coyote (or hyena, the Lib variant) missiles near your target and they'll lock on. If the striker missiles have the same insane turning radius as coyotes, they'll be virtually impossible to dodge.

people talk abotu coyotes like they're really good, and i can't make them fucking work for me
    ingame: AntonioBanderas
    Detecting epic potential, expecting epic fail.
    Ah yes, the fork: The poor man's trident
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer
    I fucking hate Steven Hawking. Smug little faggot with his stupid chariot

They work. They're not too strong. They need quite a bit of leading.

I rarely use them ... i used them back when they were new and were very good at killing infantry because they had good splash.

Unless they got nerfed while I've been gone, they're still too strong. Just because they require a lot of leading doesn't mean they're balanced. I've used them in a few server smashes and they're horseshit. They bridge the gap between me, a pretty-good-but-not-amazing pilot, and pilots who are really fucking good. That shouldn't be possible. Someone on Reddit did the math, and you have to have like 45% accuracy with your nosegun to out-DPS someone using Coyotes and a nosegun. You shouldn't need Daddy-tier accuracy to beat a weapon that doesn't require real aim and has no counter in the Utility or Defense slots. If flares or stealth countered them well I'd be totally fine with it because at least then there is some counter-play.

Then SOE spews this shit about "we added Coyotes to help new players". Except they cost 1000 certs so new players only get to use them if they drop SC, which is what REALLY SOE wants. In reality, coyotes originally just helped mid-tier pilots compete with aces and absolutely wreck new players. So now new players are getting shit on by EVERYONE instead of just the aces. Of course the ace pilots tried to boycott Coyotes out of principle (there were some rather heated discussions about this on r/MillerPilots), but it didn't last. People got sick of dying to Coyotes and now even the aces are carrying them. Guess what happened next; new/mid tier players started whining that top-tier players were absolutely destroying them with Coyotes. So I guess it's ok when everyone else uses a crutch with no counters to even the odds, but as soon as better players use that OP shit then it's a problem.

I'll try to go find the Reddit post where the new player whines about Coyotes, I've never been so smug about saying "I told you so".

EDIT: Found it.
    Last edited by ValorousBob; October 10 2014 at 08:53:02 PM.

Got raged at today because I killed some NC who was out farming pumpkins.

This fucking game.

Dat Bro usage. Must be one of your lot Bob. You know, FATTIES.

edit: lol he's a BR100
    Last edited by Sandzibar; October 10 2014 at 09:09:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sandzibar View Post
    edit: lol he's a BR100
    Never heard of him, there are sooooo many BR100s now it's hilarious how bad some are.

I also like how he starts a conversation with you and then ends it by putting you on ignore, as if you give a fuck.

Unless they got nerfed while I've been gone, they're still too strong. Just because they require a lot of leading doesn't mean they're balanced. I've used them in a few server smashes and they're horseshit. They bridge the gap between me, a pretty-good-but-not-amazing pilot, and pilots who are really fucking good. That shouldn't be possible. Someone on Reddit did the math, and you have to have like 45% accuracy with your nosegun to out-DPS someone using Coyotes and a nosegun. You shouldn't need Daddy-tier accuracy to beat a weapon that doesn't require real aim and has no counter in the Utility or Defense slots. If flares or stealth countered them well I'd be totally fine with it because at least then there is some counter-play.

Then SOE spews this shit about "we added Coyotes to help new players". Except they cost 1000 certs so new players only get to use them if they drop SC, which is what REALLY SOE wants. In reality, coyotes originally just helped mid-tier pilots compete with aces and absolutely wreck new players. So now new players are getting shit on by EVERYONE instead of just the aces. Of course the ace pilots tried to boycott Coyotes out of principle (there were some rather heated discussions about this on r/MillerPilots), but it didn't last. People got sick of dying to Coyotes and now even the aces are carrying them. Guess what happened next; new/mid tier players started whining that top-tier players were absolutely destroying them with Coyotes. So I guess it's ok when everyone else uses a crutch with no counters to even the odds, but as soon as better players use that OP shit then it's a problem.

I'll try to go find the Reddit post where the new player whines about Coyotes, I've never been so smug about saying "I told you so".

EDIT: Found it.
    I said it before, and I'll say it again, fuck all lock-ons. They're one of the least interesting mechanics possible, SOE would be doing the game a huge favor by scrapping lock-on mechanics entirely.

Hell, make Coyotes some sort of flak rocket with a decent velocity, and a pre-set detonation distance. You now have a tool that newbies can use to spray light AoE damage across a large volume, insuring some hits, while experienced pilots will either dodge, AB out of the killzone, or shoot from range. There's counterplay and clear good/bad scenarios for the weapon without it being shitty lock-on spam.

Yank all the surface to air and surface to surface lock-ons too. There's plenty of ways to differentiate those as 'dedicated anti-X' platforms as well. If you want to recycle the flak rocket idea, you can easily make surface-to-air rockets into high velocity airbursting/proximity fuse weapons. It would be like trying to hit aircraft with a lancer, if the lancer had a prox fuze and a fixed maximum distance. Or make them box launcher style salvos, that hurl a spread of mini-rockets out. There's a million different ways to make them interesting without making them lock-ons.

Hell, I'd love to see some utility munitions rockets. Long-range flashbang or EMP warheads would be fucking neat. Really I'd love to see a PS1-style inventory come back and weapons that could take multiple ammo types, so you could load your rocket launcher up with whatever ammo you figured you'd need, but that's never going to happen.

-O
    I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those Thukkers, that way I wouldn't have to have any goddamn stupid useless conversations with anybody.
    Failing the Voight-Kampff test, one tortoise at a time.

Played an hour or so last night and omfg. Hit detection and hitching is the worst it has ever been. I flew a scythe for the first half an hour and died more to trees suddenly appearing in front of me (or sometimes not appearing at all) than I did to the enemy.

The "fixed" Hit Reg is really terrible. And self-flipping points are back with a vengeance :/

Yeah, atm it is really worse than ever.

Shots hitting but just doing no damage all over the place (no lag or anything, shots are just doing no damage). Warping. High latency. etc.

Not had a problem with reg or hitching tbh.

Using low gfx, med textures, no shadows, no flora, everything else high.
    Have you unparked your cores Saul? (intel cpu)

Also try setting max prerendered frames ahead to 1 in nvidia control panel.
    Last edited by Sandzibar; October 11 2014 at 11:07:25 PM.

Nah, definitely problem with game. Situation I experienced : sitting on a hill with my Magruder, firing on a deployed sunderer on the next Hill. No movement of anyone involved - > hit... Hit... Hit... Hit but no damage/reg... Again... Hit...

Have I what? No I haven't. I've never had to before - this is SOE fucking up the game, not an issue at my end. Reddit is full of complaints and they're tweeting about fixes etc., just needs time.

That said, getting seriously bored now. Considering rolling TR or NC for a bit just for a change.

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post

Have I what? No I haven't. I've never had to before - this is SOE fucking up the game, not an issue at my end. Reddit is full of complaints and they're tweeting about fixes etc., just needs time.

That said, getting seriously bored now. Considering rolling TR or NC for a bit just for a change.
    K Just trying to help...

Like I said I dont get hitching and my framerate is always decent on an I5 2500k with a 670GTX.

Game is boring yes. No, TR or NC wont help.