hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 87 of 87 FirstFirst ... 377784858687
Results 1,721 to 1,724 of 1724

Thread: Windows 10: Just kidding guys, here's your start menu. I TROL U?

Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    I remember reading a while back that defender was shit, hence getting bitdefender. Shan't bother next time. Looks like the only thing that will save me is a full windows reinstall.
    Defender is fine, MS fucks up every now and then, but nothing compared to most AV software.
    In the end a decent adblocker (uBlock Origin) and Defender are perfectly adequate at dealing with most shit (unless you open kittens.jpg.exe attachments on a regular basis).
    <Devec> hello captain Tyrehl
    <Devec> sailor of the persian seas
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    I swear you are some sort of biological weapon developed in the early '90's for the Yugoslav wars but they lost track of you at some point and now you're waging a psychological war on Western Europe without a clue what you're doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrehl View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Saul View Post
    I remember reading a while back that defender was shit, hence getting bitdefender. Shan't bother next time. Looks like the only thing that will save me is a full windows reinstall.
    Defender is fine, MS fucks up every now and then, but nothing compared to most AV software.
    In the end a decent adblocker (uBlock Origin) and Defender are perfectly adequate at dealing with most shit (unless you open kittens.jpg.exe attachments on a regular basis).
    But what if I want to see kittens? They wouldn't just send those emails to anyone. And kittens aren't harmful, are they?

I haven't had such problems with the Fall Creators Headache, yet, but jesus almighty fuck does it take long to install.
    Будь смиренным, будь кротким, не заботься о тленном
    Власти, данной Богом, сынок, будь навеки верным...
    Я люблю Росcию, я - патриот

Problem seems to be that Windows wants to use HDMI over the default audio device. It does the same with primary monitor as well, I have to force it to use the larger monitor (on the VGA connector) in the display settings.

Have reinstalled windows this morning, all seems functional after switching the monitor primacy etc. Restored to a 2+ year old windows image though so bracing myself for more bullshittery when it decides to update itself. Will just have to avoid the fall update for as long as possible and hope they fix the issues. Luckily most of my game installs etc. are on a standard drive rather than the SSD.