hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattoo thread

Tribal is never acceptable.

I have a few ideas in mind. However they are not the most unique ideas ever and I have to work out how much I care about that, if at all.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

Quote Originally Posted by ctrlchris View Post

I have a few ideas in mind. However they are not the most unique ideas ever and I have to work out how much I care about that, if at all.
    I love tatts. I even think the tribals are very cool LOOKING. But if I was going to have something permanently inked onto my skin, it would have to have some personal meaning. So I'm curious about those of you with tribal tatts: what made you select them, especially considering that they tend to take up a LOT of real estate?

Tribal was pretty huge in the '90s, most artists I've met hate doing it, just because it is boring.

I knew one artist who was kind of a dick about it, and would ask people "What tribe?" when they talked about getting tribal.

Many people get tattoos just based on the appearance, not the meaning, not really anything wrong with that.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Quote Originally Posted by Dorvil Barranis View Post
    Tribal was pretty huge in the '90s, most artists I've met hate doing it, just because it is boring.

I knew one artist who was kind of a dick about it, and would ask people "What tribe?" when they talked about getting tribal.

Many people get tattoos just based on the appearance, not the meaning, not really anything wrong with that.
    One of my mates is a tattooist and refuses to tribal and Japanese/Chinese lettering.

Your posting is medium, its not rare and its not well done
    - Krans 26/7/12

One of my mates is a tattooist and refuses to tribal and Japanese/Chinese lettering.
    I think script is the new "everybody has to do it" fad, tons of people getting lots of silly stuff (song lyrics, inspiration words or phrases, names), but not particularly artistic.
    "Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered, those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid. Thus the wise win before they fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Zhuge Liang

Pretty much any script looks shit to be honest, almost as bad as tribal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Mason
    It is absurd that we are capable of witnessing a 40,000 year old system of gender oppression begin to dissolve before our eyes yet still see the abolition of a 200 year old economic system as an unrealistic utopia.

Moderator Moderator F*** My Aunt Rita's Avatar
    Whereever particular mexicans congregate.
    Quote Originally Posted by OrangeAfroMan View Post
    So, from a biological standpoint, sparrows should have a single tail and swallows have a forked tail, correct?
    Sure, why not.

Super Baderator DonorGlobal Moderator cullnean's Avatar
    The tower of power, too sweet to be sour, ohhhh yeahh!

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Elriche Oshego View Post
    Cullneshi the god of shitposting.

Quote Originally Posted by cullnean View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Keckers View Post
    Cullnerd's script tattoo plans go up in flames.

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar
    This is what you all look like:

So how bad should I feel having script on my chest and tribal running from shoulder blade to shoulder blade? (The tribal is formed into the shape of a hammerhead shark and done with the whole Polynesian style if it really matters.)
    Life Universe Everything (LUE) - Clockwork Pinapple

Quote Originally Posted by Elmnt80 View Post
    So how bad should I feel having script on my chest and tribal running from shoulder blade to shoulder blade? (The tribal is formed into the shape of a hammerhead shark and done with the whole Polynesian style if it really matters.)
    You shouldn't if you like it or it has meaning Fuck the haters

Tapadong

Movember '12 Best Facial Hair Movember 2012Donor Lallante's Avatar

Tapadong
    And if you dont like it and it doesnt have meaning hahaha Fuck you

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

Tapadong
    I'm gonna beat you with my tattooed forearm. Till we are both crying.

Tapadong

Quote Originally Posted by Lallante View Post

Tapadong
    I'm gonna beat you with my tattooed forearm. Till we are both crying.

Tapadong
    And lal will just chortle to himself knowing that beating a lawyer is still not your worst idea.

Tapadong
    It was more sarcastic than anything. I'm quite happy with both tattoos and still plan to get more.

Post pics
    Actually an '06.

EVE: OrangeAfroMan
    Dust514: Andrelommech
    WoT: NorthernNomad
    MWO: Loren Ward

www.twitch.tv/oameve

The only person who has a pic of it is the tattoo artist who did it. I've oddly got 0 photos of my tattoos. And no camera atm.

So how are the costs of getting one of these things? How do you find a good tattoo artist?

I want one shoulder to shoulder - would love a hawk or at least the wings, stylised - and maybe some sleeves after I build up sufficient muscle mass for them to look good - but I want good quality craftsmanship, colours that will not fade in time and also obviously not to get HIV or some other shit. The one on the back I'm p. sure will take a really long while to do, but I'm game with that, what I don't want to hear is oops or some other shit. Obviously willing to pay but not sure what the rates are and stuff, what is a good tattoo worth or how much do the consumables cost (needles, ink, etc).

Cheers!
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.
    Six shooters ruined PvP.
    What are you doing with your life?ęDoomchinchilla 2015

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    So how are the costs of getting one of these things? How do you find a good tattoo artist?

I want one shoulder to shoulder - would love a hawk or at least the wings, stylised - and maybe some sleeves after I build up sufficient muscle mass for them to look good - but I want good quality craftsmanship, colours that will not fade in time and also obviously not to get HIV or some other shit. The one on the back I'm p. sure will take a really long while to do, but I'm game with that, what I don't want to hear is oops or some other shit. Obviously willing to pay but not sure what the rates are and stuff, what is a good tattoo worth or how much do the consumables cost (needles, ink, etc).

Cheers!
    For the piece on my back with roughly the same dimensions, I paid about $300 for 2 1/2 hours of work (this cost includes the cost of the consumables, every shop I've been to is like that though). Since you want to get coloring done, its going to take quite a bit longer and cost a good bit more. The best thing is to travel around, talk to different artists, check out their shops and talk to people who have been there. Word of mouth is king when looking for a tattoo artist. Every halfway decent artist should also have a book of their work showing their designs on actual human flesh, find the ones that feature the type of artwork you want, and examine it closely. As far as hygene, just look around, are there needles just sitting in guns not being used, is the shop cleaned to the level you would expect a doctor's office, are they throwing away the ink cups after using that color or are they putting the ink back into bottles. The last place I went to even handed me the bottles of ink and needles so I could inspect the packaging and see that it was still factory sealed.