hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 331 of 334 FirstFirst ... 231281321328329330331332333334 LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,620 of 6670

Thread: World of Warships

Thought as much. Ugh.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Oh dear lord... WG what have you done to AA flak burst values?

TL;DR: You know how they wanted to trade some DPS from the flak explosions to the aura? Well, they lowered the T8+ explosion damage by 25% i exchange for the extra aura damage. Ships of T7 and lower, were apparently lowered to 25%.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

TL;DR:
    You know how they wanted to trade some DPS from the FlaK explosions to the aura? Well, they lowered the T8+ explosion damage by 25% in exchange for the extra aura damage. FlaK-explosions of ships of T7 and lower, were apparently lowered to 25%.

WG never known for sledgehammering anything right?

Edit: New potential member, nice guy and wants to take part in clan wars. Goes by the name of ShipBreakFinch. I've sent him the discord link.
    Last edited by Aranial; February 7 2019 at 04:04:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post

TL;DR: You know how they wanted to trade some DPS from the flak explosions to the aura? Well, they lowered the T8+ explosion damage by 25% i exchange for the extra aura damage. Ships of T7 and lower, were apparently lowered to 25%.
    WTF, ironically FlaK explosions I was experiencing (tier 8+) still felt like it was ripping you a new one, but I suppose with all the sustained DPS it's hard to tell them apart now.

Yup. Launching more than one attack per squad is completely out of question, even on isolated targets. It's ridiculous. The extra planes in the squad are barely more than damage sponges for both approach and escape from the AA-bubbles.

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    Yup. Launching more than one attack per squad is completely out of question, even on isolated targets. It's ridiculous. The extra planes in the squad are barely more than damage sponges for both approach and escape from the AA-bubbles.
    I sort of wish I could just launch 2 planes now and just suicide them rather than losing the entire wing each time XD. As even the planes that have dropped ordnance seem to being hit by AA as they fly off.

i just saw the new AA values, jesus fucking christ, well Hoggbert, you got your wish mate, Carriers are now back to being functionally pointless!

edit : to be honest, if they tone it down a little and solve whatever the fuck happened to tier 8 and up ships, and then balance it with faster plane spawns we'd get a decent balance between not feeling helplessly picked upon (because planes went down) and carriers who at least try to conserve their planes having a long term impact on the game.

that said, 10 second return time is fucking excessive, especially with the way flak bursts work, it means you're never going to see those planes because they will inevitably fly straight into a black doomcloud and die.
    Last edited by Liare; February 7 2019 at 08:42:15 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

tier 6 operation is on this week, so i've been playing my CV there

the idea is, i think, to CONTINUE flying your last planes after the attack, get them out of the flak clouds, THEN press F

it's almost as if you gotta maneuver a bit more than last week. kinda like what destroyers do when they get spotted and shot upon

im only playing the Ranger, my captain skills are still low, but as it is you HAVE to switch between plane types to get full flights

most of the times you'll get 2 attacks out of your group, the third attack is practically a suicide run if you need that damage NOW instead of in a minute or two

coming from a very limited player experience, but i generally like how carriers work

playing random games with cruisers and battleships, it's nice to know taking down planes actually has some fucking effect on the CV player

so pls stop the qq, the CV is now not a monster damage machine, but an extremely fast extremely squishy destroyer basically, whose role is to harass, spot and finish targets of opportunity instead of permaflooding healthy battleships to 0 health
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    tier 6 operation is on this week, so i've been playing my CV there

the idea is, i think, to CONTINUE flying your last planes after the attack, get them out of the flak clouds, THEN press F

it's almost as if you gotta maneuver a bit more than last week. kinda like what destroyers do when they get spotted and shot upon

im only playing the Ranger, my captain skills are still low, but as it is you HAVE to switch between plane types to get full flights

most of the times you'll get 2 attacks out of your group, the third attack is practically a suicide run if you need that damage NOW instead of in a minute or two

coming from a very limited player experience, but i generally like how carriers work

playing random games with cruisers and battleships, it's nice to know taking down planes actually has some fucking effect on the CV player

so pls stop the qq, the CV is now not a monster damage machine, but an extremely fast extremely squishy destroyer basically, whose role is to harass, spot and finish targets of opportunity instead of permaflooding healthy battleships to 0 health
    Sorry Lief, you're playing vs bots that don't do sectors, no skills and are mostly equal or lower tiers. In PVP your planes will only survive one strike, two if you're lucky and then the planes that drop their ordnance often don't make it back to you. You don't even have the time to get out of AA range before all your planes die...

Edit: you planes won't even make it in if you're trying to drop more than one especially if its a tier 8+ game.
    Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Aranial; February 7 2019 at 08:56:08 PM.

your planes that return after an attack are also subject to those 10 seconds Lief, and all it takes is a single cloud and they're basically gone. the flak doesn't stay focused on the controlled group in my experience.

the problem is not so much the losses, i actually think that's fine, it's the fact that if you actually try to use the planes offensively you're invariably going to end up not having any 5-10 minutes into the match, and flooding was nerfed to the floor this very patch m8.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

that's why i dont just drop ordnance and press F right away but weave left and right to get out of range before i retreat planes

yes, they're not players, but the gameplay is the same guys. groups of ships cover each other, if i just go full speed ahead into a group of 5 ships covering each other i'm not surprised when my entire fucking group gets taken down. i have to approach from angles outside of most ships AA, and keep turning away from most of the fleet with the rest of the plane squad, changing speed and direction as soon as i drop, i'm not waiting to get zoomed back in. i spent a LOT of time playing plane simulators, so i have a rather good idea how attacking ships (and them defending themselves) should look from a pilot's perspective. Use islands, attack ships that are already damaged and hopefully have aa mounts destroyed, avoid cruisers, etc...

so basically we're back to old carriers in that you get one strike from your group, but you can control it directly per new game mechanics. you dont get 4 squads at once, but you get an attack out much more often, just not with only torpedo bombers.

the biggest problem here is that it's never going to be possible to balance CV's, as long as too many planes are getting shot down carrier players will qq, as long as too few planes are shot down surface players will qq. and there is NO MIDDLE GROUND on this by definition because of all the possible different ships, aa mounts, planes, skills etc etc there's always going to be imbalance.
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; February 7 2019 at 09:38:46 PM.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

You can't 'dodge and weave' high tier AA anymore. The AA damage was substantially moved from the flak clouds to the continual DPS.

What WG needed to do was not give 3 substantial nerfs to the entire class just because of one ridiculous ship (Haku, which was rightly nerfed). Needed to be one at a time.

WG sledgehammering nerfs and buffs why i never

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    WG sledgehammering nerfs and buffs why i never
    'damn right son!'

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    You can't 'dodge and weave' high tier AA anymore.

i know. you can still speed up (dont use all your speed coming in) and bank away after the drop, weave, get out of aa range, weave between flak, and then press F (or go for another 'un if you feel 'ard enuff). ok, i dunno how it is with tier x carriers in wows, im just saying how planes vs ships works in a "normal" game of planes vs ships (IL-2, warthunder, wowp)

tbh the only workable solution that comes to my mind is to have aa guns manually controlled completely, that's the only way to have "skill vs skill gameplay with ships and planes
    Last edited by Lief Siddhe; February 7 2019 at 10:34:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    that said, 10 second return time is fucking excessive, especially with the way flak bursts work, it means you're never going to see those planes because they will inevitably fly straight into a black doomcloud and die.

The last wave of an attack run always has that fate, as far as I can tell. So assuming for a moment that you actually somehow have the HP left in that last wave to make an additional attack run, don't do it. Just don't.

As is, if you attack a given target, run out of the FlaK-area and return them right away. Unless your target is starved of AA-guns or considerably lower tier than you, you are going to loose the entire squad. This is just stupidly pointless, as they may just as well make every squad single-attack only. The extra planes in a given squad currently only serve as meat-shield to get your first attack going.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; February 7 2019 at 11:47:56 PM.

there's another thing, you all know how flak is range limited in a circle right ?

when you enter/exit that circle the gaussian distribution goes fucky, so you get a solid wall of flak instead of flak spread out around your planes.

basically, the range is a "hard edge" so as you approach it, puffs that are rolled outside the range circle of the ship is moved onto the range circle meaning as you exit/enter flak circles there's a significantly increased chance of getting a burst straight in the center of the squadron.
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    there's another thing, you all know how flak is range limited in a circle right ?

when you enter/exit that circle the gaussian distribution goes fucky, so you get a solid wall of flak instead of flak spread out around your planes.

basically, the range is a "hard edge" so as you approach it, puffs that are rolled outside the range circle of the ship is moved onto the range circle meaning as you exit/enter flak circles there's a significantly increased chance of getting a burst straight in the center of the squadron.
    All the info is here: https://medium.com/@devblogwows/107c18eac84