hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 225 of 262 FirstFirst ... 125175215222223224225226227228235 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,500 of 5240

Thread: World of Warships

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    INdeed. I've got three of those useless*) ARP BBs in port and can't get rid off them. Previously one had to load that Japanese port to have access to the ships. Easy way to hide them. Now they appear in every port ...
    You have a setting in your filter-list... Some people, just

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Filters ... aye ... seem to remember to have seen something alike. Never used it here (and in WoT) and therefore never was aware that this might be a way to hide them.

Thanks, much appretiated.

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    Nevermind my post then. You got a source for that?
    Unfortunately all I have is the word of one of the knowledgeable subreddit mods who does what I used to do in Tanks (file diving). I believe them, and it seems to jive with my experience.

Filters ... aye ... seem to remember to have seen something alike. Never used it here (and in WoT) and therefore never was aware that this might be a way to hide them.

No problem, sorry for the , but it was specifically mentioned in the news regarding the departure of the ARP-cooperation and this unreasonable anime-hate is just unbelievable.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Nevermind my post then. You got a source for that?
    Unfortunately all I have is the word of one of the knowledgeable subreddit mods who does what I used to do in Tanks (file diving). I believe them, and it seems to jive with my experience.
    Thanks regardless. All the more reason to use the HEAP-skill then, I guess.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; January 11 2017 at 03:03:00 PM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

HEAP means akizuki now gets penning HE on DD's. This makes me happy.

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Hmm, now Sub_Octavian, Wargaming developer, is saying on the subreddit that non-penetrating HE makes no difference to fire chances. Then again, He's outright lied in the past, so who the hell knows.

Unrelated:
    Last edited by Dahak; January 11 2017 at 06:25:34 PM.

I wouldn't call it lying, I would call it not knowing their own game. One of the devs/mods on one of the threads on Reddit that I got recently linked to, when I was asking for a source in regard that impact-angle is of no consequence for HE-penetration, listed a step-by-step in checking for HE damage. The very first step was a check for fire-chance, even before a penetration-check. Hence I assumed and now still do again, that penetration makes no difference to the fire-chance.

I wouldn't call it lying, I would call it not knowing their own game. One of the devs/mods on one of the threads on Reddit that I got recently linked to, when I was asking for a source in regard that impact-angle is of no consequence for HE-penetration, listed a step-by-step in checking for HE damage. The very first step was a check for fire-chance, even before a penetration-check. Hence I assumed and now still do again, that penetration makes no difference to the fire-chance.
    I would. He outright lied about why they haven't unified gold with WoT/WoWp (which already have unified gold between them). "Technical issues" were being experienced, which is blatant bullshit. No way are they failing to sync a single integer field between databases. I work for an EMR company (with a fraction of the funding and resources available to it that Wargaming has) that syncs, in real time, vastly more complicated datasets with various private and public organizations, the idea that they can't sync a single integer internally (when they've already done so with other games) is laughable.

Obviously he couldn't just come out and say they delayed the promised unification because this makes them more money, that would look bad, but his stated reason was about as flimsy as could be.

That's... bad, to say the least. Also, LOL @ your chat-screenshot. Let's get into this logically. It would make sense that a penetrating hit has a higher chance to set shit on fire, after all, there tends not to be a whole lot of flammable shit on the outside of a ship. Thus, penetration has no influence on the fire-chance, as WarGaming doesn't think logically. But seriously, I would suspect that the reduced fire-chance for HEAP is a deadpan hint for an increase fire-chance after penetration. Otherwise that buffnerf is somewhat out of the left field.

But talking about buffnerfs and skills, recently someone hinted at the HP-bonus-skill having a secondary hidden utility, which would make a lot of sense, given how useless that skill is on the surface. Apparently it twiddles with the hitpoint-distribution somehow. Do you have any idea how that could be related?
    Last edited by Madner Kami; January 11 2017 at 07:01:51 PM.

It's actually a pretty useful skill for certain destroyers (like Americans that need to get in close and survive under fire).

There is hidden distribution of HP, where each ship has 3-4 sections that all have their own hidden hitpoint pools, damage to each of these is also subtracted from the overall pool, but if they are exhausted they won't subtract any further. This is why, on rare occasions, a destroyer can survive an otherwise lethal series of torpedoes. The bow section has become saturated and as such cannot receive any more damage, while the hitpoint pool you see still has a bit remaining. If the skill only boosted the overall HP pool and left each segment as-is then these situations could be more common. You can see it in action here: https://www.reddit.com/r/WorldOfWars...rstand_damage/

That'd be my best guess.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    I would. He outright lied about why they haven't unified gold with WoT/WoWp (which already have unified gold between them). "Technical issues" were being experienced, which is blatant bullshit. No way are they failing to sync a single integer field between databases. I work for an EMR company (with a fraction of the funding and resources available to it that Wargaming has) that syncs, in real time, vastly more complicated datasets with various private and public organizations, the idea that they can't sync a single integer internally (when they've already done so with other games) is laughable.

Obviously he couldn't just come out and say they delayed the promised unification because this makes them more money, that would look bad, but his stated reason was about as flimsy as could be.
    Not to mention the claim that the smoke puff bug on British cruisers is an intended 'feature' and not a bug

dunno if that was sub_octavian tho

ayyyyyy

ambushed a full HP bizzy

fuck knows how im going to get 50k flooding damage with oneshots

so i tried forking out

maybe DDs is just not my field
    Last edited by RazoR; January 12 2017 at 03:37:31 AM.

So I caved and bought myself a couple more Christmas boxes today. First pair got me some camo and an Emden. (Should I actually be excited about Emden? I honestly don't know.)

Bought a second set, which got me some flags (...yay?) and ...

That, I think, I can be excited about. Guess it's time to start climbing the US BB tree...

#BadAtBotes

I took my Zao out for a spin before i went to work. Feels pretty much like the ultimate cruiser, got confederate, high caliber, dreadnought and first blood and 164k damage.
    Highlight was when i derped myself into a mountain while i was finishing off an Edinburgh behind me, and suddenly enemy zao at 90% (while i had like 12k hp left) hp pops around the corner 9 km away, i gave him a volley of my loaded HE, swapped to AP and killed him with a mass of citadels in the second volley
    go away

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    I took my Zao out for a spin before i went to work. Feels pretty much like the ultimate cruiser, got confederate, high caliber, dreadnought and first blood and 164k damage.
    Highlight was when i derped myself into a mountain while i was finishing off an Edinburgh behind me, and suddenly enemy zao at 90% (while i had like 12k hp left) hp pops around the corner 9 km away, i gave him a volley of my loaded HE, swapped to AP and killed him with a mass of citadels in the second volley
    Dat feel when you get a massive damage volley in close range at someone and/or massively outplay them

No problem, sorry for the , but it was specifically mentioned in the news regarding the departure of the ARP-cooperation and this unreasonable anime-hate is just unbelievable.
    I'm a very casual WoWS player and very seldom read any news articles from WG.

For me personally it's not "anime-hate" - OK, I'm not into anime at all, but I don't hate it. I would have actually liked to try that ARP cruiser.

But I hate BBs (because I'm terrible at them). And I don't know what I've done to end up with three ARP BBs in my port, as I don't pay any attention to all those missions/events going. I don't notice them other than an after-battle notification appearing telling that I've got <stuff> for completing <stuff>.

I'm a very casual WoWS player and very seldom read any news articles from WG.

For me personally it's not "anime-hate" - OK, I'm not into anime at all, but I don't hate it. I would have actually liked to try that ARP cruiser.

But I hate BBs (because I'm terrible at them). And I don't know what I've done to end up with three ARP BBs in my port, as I don't pay any attention to all those missions/events going. I don't notice them other than an after-battle notification appearing telling that I've got <stuff> for completing <stuff>.

Quote Originally Posted by Eranziel View Post
    (Should I actually be excited about Emden? I honestly don't know.)
    Other than helping in skilling other German captains - I'm not too convinced. It has a ridiciulous firing arc which reminds me more of mortars than guns.

It's also slow as hell and has terrible concealment. So you need to plan from the get go where to get some cover. And don't even think about supporting a group of ships of your fleet a bit further away. You will never reach them in time.

you know how this game doesn't have a borderline un-counterable Artillery-cancer analogue ?

well, that may well change.

enjoy early generation SSM's bitches.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I'll get fuzzed about it, if it seems to become reality. It wouldn't be the first time, that WG throws some easteregg into their videos just for the lolz or a subtle test-balloon.

On the other hand, I am really thinking hard about getting the secondary range and accuracy mod on a considerable number of my ships, even cruisers. I find myself more and more often in situations, where the GTFO-ability of the secondaries are a great help in dispatching the enemy in one way or another, while conversely the accuracy-boost-mod feels too meager for battleships and seems pointless for cruisers and even DDs, outside of a few specialized appliances (e.g. nothing better to fit on a DD, because DD-AA LOL). Thoughts and opinions?
    Last edited by Madner Kami; January 12 2017 at 01:18:05 PM.