hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 241 of 296 FirstFirst ... 141191231238239240241242243244251291 ... LastLast
Results 4,801 to 4,820 of 5920

Thread: World of Warships

Main purpose of having premiums is grinding cash and captain xp (and summon the wrath of penniless pesants), i didnt have any particularly useful ones for the japanese and i do like my t6 battleships.
    The mutsu is just too squishy and those guns, although 1 inch larger than the warspite and bayern, they are so inaccurate that you have to get close to use them and then you die.
    Just thoroughly unenjoyable.

sooner or later you gonna stop buying every shit WG throws at you, Hoggy
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Quote Originally Posted by Lief Siddhe View Post
    But think of the starving children in Belarus!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    And my shitty internet creating doubleposts!

Ranked this season feels much more frustrating than prior ones. Lots of weaponized fog banks glaring angrily at one another, all afraid to close to radar or torpedo range because they'll get hit by radar or torps if they do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Ranked this season feels much more frustrating than prior ones. Lots of weaponized fog banks glaring angrily at one another, all afraid to close to radar or torpedo range because they'll get hit by radar or torps if they do.
    yeah, i made it to rank 9 or 8 and just cant be arsed to repeat the same shit over and over in my Fiji
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

I can get to rank 5 effortlessly usually in my atago, but this season has turned into Rock Paper Belfast.

I have one, so I am part of the problem, but if the enemy team has more radar ships you generally get shat on, especially on a smaller map like trident.

Some screenshots.

Platooned with a supertester friend who took out the Okhontik, what will probably be a tier 5 premium Soviet destroyer. It's a goofy looking thing, with 7x 130mm guns all in single mounts and all centrally-mounted, as well as four triple torpedo launchers. It's built like a toothpick, silly long but extremely narrow and with so little freeboard I hope the crew are good swimmers. Going to be a real tough thing to hit reliably.

Spoiler:

Compare to the Gremyaschy on the right.

Dedication to the name.

Spoiler:

Nagato with permanent camo looks good.

Spoiler:

Making friends.

Spoiler:

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    I can get to rank 5 effortlessly usually in my atago, but this season has turned into Rock Paper Belfast.

I have one, so I am part of the problem, but if the enemy team has more radar ships you generally get shat on, especially on a smaller map like trident.
    I'm still a novice with sub 1k games, so I'll stay at rank 10, collect the flag and be done with it. That being said the Nagato feels like a citadel machine in ranked. I'm currently only 10k xp away from the Amagi, and it's been like a breeze :-)

Out of curiosity; I'm currently quiet proud of my current 70,59 % win rate and 79k damage per game in 17 Nagato games. The damage has been increasing for every few games I play. Which damage total should I aim for in a ship like the Nagato, while advancing to rank 10? Granted I'm only at rank 12, so the amount of broadsiding cruisers is quiet a overwhelming. Link to stats: http://shipcomrade.com/leaderdetail....=0&S=6&B=5&R=4
    Last edited by TheHenni; February 21 2017 at 07:08:03 PM.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni View Post

I'm still a novice with sub 1k games, so I'll stay at rank 10, collect the flag and be done with it. That being said the Nagato feels like a citadel machine in ranked. I'm currently only 10k xp away from the Amagi, and it's been like a breeze :-)

Out of curiosity; I'm currently quiet proud of my current 70,59 % win rate and 79k damage per game in 17 Nagato games. The damage has been increasing for every few games I play. Which damage total should I aim for in a ship like the Nagato, while advancing to rank 10? Granted I'm only at rank 12, so the amount of broadsiding cruisers is quiet a overwhelming. Link to stats: http://shipcomrade.com/leaderdetail....=0&S=6&B=5&R=4
    150-160k

Anything less is a sin.

The ship was good before the citadel armour fix. Now its a beast.

I've been enjoying ranked, grinding up to the Hiryu was pointless, even with all mods fitted, CV play is just not for me... Git gud I know.... but I can't , its only fun once in a blue moon.

Been playing Myoko more than Nagato, mainly because I want the Mogami and I've played a lot of games in the Nagato, I'm going to try the 152 triples with the new HE armour penetration increase skill. I know it will gimp all the other 203mm builds but I think it will bring back the Mogami triples.

Anyone tested it?

So here's the Russian destroyer setup on the test server, which is ostensibly final and should be in the 0.6.2 patch which is due to land soon.

Spoiler:

• Current 5 -> 6
    • Current 6 -> 8 in new line
    • Current 7 -> 8
    • Current 8 -> 9
    • Current 9 -> 9 in new line

I believe that you will get maximum benefit by owning 5-9, on the basis that the game is programmed to compensate you with credits or gold if you receive ship X but already own ship X, and the way the compensation system works with new ships (have tier 8, tier 8 moves to 9, but you already have 9 so you get credits instead). I went and bought all of them, since I've got more cash than I can spend (and need more).

Here's the Warships.today leaderboard for the Nagato on NA server or EU server, gotta' have 100 matches or more to qualify. Average damage on NA ranges from 79,000 to 116,700. With your stated average you just might make it on there.

Also, don't do what I do and try to get into secondary fights with everything that isn't a Scharnhorst or Gneisenau. It's fun, but not always effective. I'm on the NA leaderboard but only just.
    Last edited by Dahak; February 22 2017 at 04:04:35 PM.

So here's the Russian destroyer setup on the test server, which is ostensibly final and should be in the 0.6.2 patch which is due to land soon.

Spoiler:

• Current 5 -> 6
    • Current 6 -> 8 in new line
    • Current 7 -> 8
    • Current 8 -> 9
    • Current 9 -> 9 in new line

I believe that you will get maximum benefit by owning 5-9, on the basis that the game is programmed to compensate you with credits or gold if you receive ship X but already own ship X, and the way the compensation system works with new ships (have tier 8, tier 8 moves to 9, but you already have 9 so you get credits instead). I went and bought all of them, since I've got more cash than I can spend (and need more).

Here's the Warships.today leaderboard for the Nagato on NA server or EU server, gotta' have 100 matches or more to qualify. Average damage on NA ranges from 79,000 to 116,700. With your stated average you just might make it on there.

Also, don't do what I do and try to get into secondary fights with everything that isn't a Scharnhorst or Gneisenau. It's fun, but not always effective. I'm on the NA leaderboard but only just.
    I was more curious of what to aim for in order to be a useful team mate. I'm not assuming that I'll ever be a top player - even if I wanted to, I don't have the time. That being said I would be within the top players on US ranked, in the min. 25 games bracket. I believe you quoted random stats - not ranked(?) :-)

On EU there virtually always seem to mainly be German BBs in the BB bracket when I play, so I normally try to stay at 10-15 KM depending on where their DDs are. Shira's are truely out in force this season, and I still feel like a novice, so I'm not too cheeky :-)
    Last edited by TheHenni; February 22 2017 at 04:37:29 PM.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

wtf is this

new mods?

Yes and 1: they're mostly shit for the mods you lose out on and 2: these are replacing the 250 flag crates

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    The only good/usable mod is the speed duration buff mod (that replaces a level 3 damage chance reduction on propellers/engine/reduced fire chance) on dd's (since you should run the last stand perk on your captain always, anyway)

I got the Minotaur. I made a shell rainbow.

Spoiler:

Edit: Things going well so far.

Spoiler:

That aside, this ship is silly. It's like the sports car of cruisers, it accelerates like a destroyer with both the accel mod and engine boost consumable, and keeps speed through turns like my parents' speed boat. All the British cruisers have "enhanced engine performance", but this takes it to an entirely new level. Gunning down a Bismarck from full HP at close range is quite amusing, too.
    Last edited by Dahak; February 23 2017 at 05:07:06 AM.

Does it suffer from the insta-hit-instal kill of other british cruisers?

Quote Originally Posted by Sp4m View Post
    Does it suffer from the insta-hit-instal kill of other british cruisers?
    Dont have it myself, but my baltimore loves 2 volleying neptunes and minotaurs, so yes, they die real easy