hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 348 of 348 FirstFirst ... 248298338345346347348
Results 6,941 to 6,955 of 6955

Thread: World of Warships

But varakk deboonked this claim guyz

We analyze thoroughly not just data obtained but also feedback from you, trying to answer it in detail as well. There are plenty of changes made throughout all test iterations, basing on that exactly: the visual changes, mechanics reworking & improving, and balance adjustments. The last and certainly one of the most impactful changes we made based on your feedback, was adding Anti Submarine Weapons to nearly all surface ships.

Now we come to a new and very important stage of testing: Submarines participating in Random Battles in update 0.10.9.
    Alright, we knew it would be coming sooner or later, but holy shit, the arguments made there are ... interesting?

One of the most addressed points in your feedback was homing torpedoes. We understand that for some of you this may seem like an unusual mechanic, but with the changes that we made and the peculiarities of the submarine weapons, this mechanic can become a full-fledged and interesting part of the game. We created it taking into account how submarines acted in reality: tracking a target and determining its course to the point of impact. Of course, we had to adapt these things to our game conventions, in order to give the opportunity to inflict significant damage, taking into account the small number of torpedoes in each salvo. With this, we tried to convey the atmosphere of naval operations on submarines as close to reality as possible - within the framework of the game. We hope that in combination with the updated underwater world, you will be able to immerse yourself in that submarine feeling.
    Just that they forgot the small but important detail that subs in WW2 mostly hunted/fought logistic ships ... but wait, there's a new mode for that: convoy mode ... just without subs

Additionally, ships opposing a submarine have several ways to effectively counter this mechanic:

* The location of a ping hit is displayed on your ship, which allows you to determine from which side the submarine is attacking and to try to minimize potential damage;

* Torpedoes stop homing at a particular distance from the target, and at the same time the point of their homing is counted considering the lead. Therefore, if you are headed towards torpedoes with your bow, the distance at which torpedoes stop homing increases, and the chances to evade increase as well.

* From update 0.10.10, almost all ships will have anti-submarine weapons, so there will be no need to fear that if a submarine makes a mistake, it will be able to submerge without consequences.
    So we're basically back to the old "just dodge"?

Therefore, if you are headed towards torpedoes with your bow, the distance at which torpedoes stop homing increases, and the chances to evade increase as well
    Yeah, had great fun doing so in ranked. In a wide open center cap, occupied by the enemy sub, I relentless steamed towards the sub ... and all other enemy ships watching me go in a straight line politly waited until after I finished that manoveur, before attempting to murder me ... /s

Another frequently cited point is the use of the Damage Control Party consumable to reset torpedo homing. We understand that for some of you this may seem counter-intuitive, but so far we do not see the need for changes in this area. We see it as an opportunity for you to work with the damage control - in this case you choose, depending on the situation, what is better to do: extinguish a fire, stop flooding, or get rid of torpedo homing. Moreover, the ping itself does not create an additional "load" on the Damage Control Party but only redistributes it. After all, if another ship were in place of the submarine, it could set you on fire with HE shells. This is another layer of the game that needs to be taken into account in battle, which is easy to understand, but quite difficult to master perfectly. You need to choose the right moment to use the right consumable! For now, we want to continue testing the mechanics in their current form, to look more closely at how this will interact with the other changes. At the same time, we remain open to your feedback, and if the current implementation does not work well enough, we will think about how to improve or change it.
    /me :speechless:

Source: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/225

Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    /me :speechless:
    yep WG is completely off their rocker.

I would have implemented a button called "Degauss" to get rid of the ping thingie and leave the damcon on a different button. In random battles having only one damcon for everything is going to be horrendous and once you get focused somehow you will die even faster now.

Yes I know what degauss was, it was related to mines, still, fits the WG historical interpretation (we find a word and use it)
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

An idea came across my mind the other day that maybe I could reinstall this and check out the...

Nah. Fuck this.
    I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Hel OWeen View Post
    After all, if another ship were in place of the submarine, it could set you on fire with HE shells
    Do they even play their own game? Yeah another ship could set me on fire, which is 100% repairable. Unlike torpedo citadel damage which you only can heal 10% of.

Jesus Christ the dumb takes coming out of Wargaming is just piling on

Another observation I made over the past weeks, playing almost exclusively ranked*): the average skill level of the player base has dramatically dropped.

I made it a habit of checking every player's stats who is on my team, regardless if we win or lose. in almost every case, at least half of the team has WR noticeably < 50%. And what was a once in a silver moon occurrence of a player < 40%, these aren't too uncommon nowadays.

There were times that I, with my 50.+change %, was one of the worst players in my team. Without my stats improving or declining, I'm all of a sudden a "top tier" player in my team.

I really have the impression that a lot of talent (for the lack of a better word) has left WoWS already.

*) recently stuck in silver qualification like forever, but at least ranked matches are over fast, compared to randoms and one can get a few rewards out of it.

In other news, SeaRaptor's Quaterly Review is out. By the looks of it, the player base as a whole doesn't care about WG's fuckups very much.

It gets better in Silver. Actually Silver is the place to be as a "midrange" player, Gold is way too sweaty. But Bronze is infuriating as you well mentioned.

I did play in Silver in previous iteratrions of sprint, made no real difference to me. Other than earning less credits (standard account) due to the higher resupply costs. And there's less to be earned with only 7 ships/team. That's when I made the decision to not actually qualifiy for Silver, but stop playing ranked one star before reaching silver. That way I can start in Bronze again next season.

Gold in my experience was a notable jump in overall team quality*). Which didn't necessarily translate into fewer steamrolls...but at least they were quality steamrolls.

*) Always going by the ingame stats here, I'm not bothering with checking alternative oog stat sites.

My experience in Gold was that there are still players with overall less than 45% win rates and the rage of the good players is monumentally higher than in Silver, overall quite annoying after a while

Not sure if this is a bad news/good news kinda situation, but in the upcoming ranked season (not ranked sprint, mind ya), there will be no subs. Hell yeah! But we'll have Superships instead,

Looks like both ranked variations have become the unofficial public test bed.

Also: Superships coming to the regular game (randoms, I supose) later on. WG not stating that they will be the introduction of tier XI, but awkwardly puts it as
    [...] we also believe that because of the superiority of superships in terms of technical characteristics over their "predecessors", superships do not fit into tier X.
    There will be more superships:

- Japanese Superdestroyer Yamagiri (2 types of torps)
    - French Supercruiser Conde (this and the two below: autoloader!)
    - American Supercruiser Annapolis
    - Soviet Superdestroyer Zorky

Oh, how you acquire them?
    We want to make obtaining superships simple and clear, accessible to all who wish to use them and not harming those who reset branches in the Research Bureau. Therefore, you will need only 1 XP point to research a supership after researching a tier X ship. The credit cost of buying the super ship itself will be about 1.5 - 2.5 the cost of buying a tier X ship. Therefore, players will not need to play much on a tier X ship to be able to explore superships, but will need to invest credits.
    Source: https://blog.worldofwarships.com/blog/227

NA is going down now for the new patch.
    Guess I will be playing odd tiers only from now on to minimize contact with cv & subs.

I absolutely loathe matchs with subs in them. They just ruins every dynamic we have.
    Add in matches with both CV and subs, I hate to imagine how thats going to play out.
    Why is it called earth, when it is mostly water???

I was somewhere around Old Man Star, on the edge of Essence, when drugs began to take hold.

Played a few games now and then. Today I uninstalled everything Wargaming.

Fuck these people.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Played a few games now and then. Today I uninstalled everything Wargaming.

Fuck these people.
    see you in warthunder!

If there's one thing I dislike more than WG it's Gaijin. Hell, no.