hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 289 of 348 FirstFirst ... 189239279286287288289290291292299339 ... LastLast
Results 5,761 to 5,780 of 6955

Thread: World of Warships

Right. 2 people online now, me and Razbro.

Looks legit.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

the russian's leaving already lol

and so am i tbh

If anybody wants to casual it up you know where to find me.
    Last edited by RazoR; November 22 2017 at 07:26:58 PM.

ayyyy lmao

German AP is nasty and the sides of Russian cruisers are made of vodka bottles, more news at 11

WoWs greatest strength as a game is how varied the ships are even in the same line. German DDs are not for beginners tho, you should do just fine in them. Save the vodka for t8+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

70% WR in Gaede so far

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    70% WR in Gaede so far
    The Gaede is fantastic.

All the German destroyers are after the T-22.

The only issue is that you play pretty much the same ship from tier VIII to tier X with only incremental stat upgrades. It helps when that ship is fun though.

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    70% WR in Gaede so far
    The Gaede is fantastic.

All the German destroyers are after the T-22.

The only issue is that you play pretty much the same ship from tier VIII to tier X with only incremental stat upgrades. It helps when that ship is fun though.
    I thought it was better then the Maass. Having played a few games in both with a 10 point captain and B hull, the Maass with it's not very good concealment feels more tricky.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

I disliked all the German destroyers up until the Z-52, which gets long enough hydro range and enough guns forward that aren't also glacially slow to really do the cap contesting.

Unrelated, can you find all the people trying to finish the Pan-Asian DD missions before the patch?

Spoiler:

Yeah, every game seem to be like this. I am struggling myself, won like 30 dd games this patch, all torp oriented and I can;t even farm 50k flooding damage. Bbs either insta repair or die to alpha... ANd there is like 3 of them per game.

Flooding damage is the hardest to achieve and usually the one thing you wait for to repair it in a battleship. Even carriers, who canreaslistically try that their DoT sticks, go for torps (and floodings) first and fires later.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

It took me till today, probably >20 matches, to get that part of the mission. In that time, got to flood a Bayern to death for >20k damage in the Edinburgh... which is not a DD.

First match after I had finally finished that part of the mission, I got a liquidator with the Kamikaze. Grr.

You have the Kamikaze *drool

Edit: idk where you find the dumbasses who get flooded for 20k at a time, pls send some my way.
    Last edited by Cosmin; November 28 2017 at 04:13:38 AM.

it's until 30th, right?

Yeah.

Got Konig Albert on sale with dubloons, 1k or smth. Stuck 19 point Derpitz/Scharnhorst captain in it. Chased 4 ships to the end of the map on my own, dealt some 40k damage and my team capped unopposed 2 caps. Maginot/10, would kraut again.

As I have found the Z-52 very enjoyable and been playing it a lot I thought I would take a real look at the AP vs HE trade-off on destroyers, particularly against other destroyers, since at least with the Germans you end up switching ammo types a lot.

Summary: American and Japanese destroyers generally benefit very little from standard AP pens and should probably not fire AP unless they have no choice (say, shooting a Gearing or Khabarovsk) or can get citadel hits. If citadel hits are not in the cards and you get even a handful of overpens instead of standard pens you'll be behind the HE DPM curve (to say nothing of fire and module wrecking). I imagine the Pan-Asian destroyers will follow their origin nations, so at high tier treat them like Americans, at middle like Russians, and at low like Germans. Not sure about the Brits designs.
    Last edited by Dahak; November 28 2017 at 02:36:00 PM.

Looking at raw DPM graphs I frankly find a waste of time when talking about DD AP.

Since there are 3 states for a shell (pen , overpen and shatter ) it is much more dependent on what you are shooting at than the characteristic of the shell itself.

Am I going to get full pens / citidels when I fire at a target? Sure, then fire AP
    Are my shells going to bounce / shatter? Sure, then fire HE

You just have to spend time learning which type to shoot at what target for your present situation.

I fucked Nurember today in 5 volles with Mahan AP. I think I amassed 7 citadel hits. It's not a waste to use AP.
    Btw, as for graphs, do you have one with Akizuki IFHE? I think it's retardly strong vs destroyers and maybe cruisers too?

Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Am I going to get full pens / citidels when I fire at a target? Sure, then fire AP
    Are my shells going to bounce / shatter? Sure, then fire HE
    That's pretty much what I said. The point is that in certain cases, like the USN DDs, it may not even be worthwhile to go for standard penetrations with AP. With only a 16% AP DPM increase even a handful of overpens or shatters will put you behind the HE curve, to say nothing of fire or wrecked modules. Citadels are another story but the number of ships on which you can hit the citadel with USN 5" is fairly small.

On the other hand, because the Z-52's AP DPM advantage is so overwhelming it's worth firing in riskier situations than USN, because you can get a lot more overpens/shatters and still be ahead of where you would be if you were firing HE.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    I fucked Nurember today in 5 volles with Mahan AP. I think I amassed 7 citadel hits. It's not a waste to use AP.
    Btw, as for graphs, do you have one with Akizuki IFHE? I think it's retardly strong vs destroyers and maybe cruisers too?
    Akizuki is on the tier 8 graph and has more HE DPM than most of the tier 10s. IFHE only changes penetration, not damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    IFHE only changes penetration, not damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    IFHE only changes penetration, not damage.