hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 295 of 339 FirstFirst ... 195245285292293294295296297298305 ... LastLast
Results 5,881 to 5,900 of 6772

Thread: World of Warships

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Why do you blow all your flags on tier6?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Because i can?

My point is that usually the tears come at tiers VIII - IX, but ymmv
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

My point is that usually the tears come at tiers VIII - IX, but ymmv
    ymmv indeed, i can only play Nurn good when nobody is shooting me, poking my butt from behind an island

Lost all that HP to a Graf salvo from across the map lel.

Why are you using t1 DC?

In my experience the credits gained from the effect of the t2 makes up for the price.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

TL;DW: It's a Des Moines, identical or a tiny bit worse in all aspects. Only real potential differences are a higher inherent credit multiplier and the ability to use any US captain (both of which are unconfirmed as existing).

I do think the camo looks better than the permanent camo on the Des Moines, at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    higher inherent credit multiplier and the ability to use any US captain (both of which are unconfirmed as existing).
    It's a premium at the end of the day, so the latter should be true. About the credit multiplier, it's still a cruiser, even if tier 10, so the Missouri will probably remain the best monies earner in the game.

higher inherent credit multiplier and the ability to use any US captain (both of which are unconfirmed as existing).
    It's a premium at the end of the day, so the latter should be true. About the credit multiplier, it's still a cruiser, even if tier 10, so the Missouri will probably remain the best monies earner in the game.
    Sort of depends. Rewards are done based on percentage of damage done, not raw HP, and it would be considerably easier for Salem to 100->0 a destroyer than Missouri. Also, the tier-based credit multiplier is a huge part of why Missouri is so profitable compared to tier 8 premiums, something like a 50% increase, so Salem could potentially have a lot of wiggle room and still come out more profitable.

On the topic of Salem, it is suddenly less attractive after reading the latest consumable changes:

"Surveillance Radar" consumable was changed and now has the following stats: 20 seconds duration, 7.5 km detection range, 180 seconds cooldown, 2 charges (120 second cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment).

"Repair Party" consumable's stats were also changed and now are: 20 seconds duration, 120 seconds cooldown, 2 charges (80 seconds cooldown and 3 charges for premium equipment).

These changes are designed to increase the ship's overall combat efficiency and further differentiate it from the Des Moines cruiser.
    https://www.facebook.com/wowsdevblog...79263759066628

20 second duration and 7.5km range is utterly terrible radar, worse even than tier 7, and mighty difficult to use at tier 10. 20 second duration heal is in line with that of the UK CLs, though no word on whether it would also get the boosted repair values of those ships.

Wait so DesMoines keeps its better radar?

That sounds dumb af, especially considering the effort involved in getting the Salem.

Wait so DesMoines keeps its better radar?

That sounds dumb af, especially considering the effort involved in getting the Salem.
    Yeah, might actually be worth taking the catapult planes if it stays this short range and duration, though if it does have RN CL superheal then that might offset the lack of radar.

Also still no word on how it will be rewarded, though they do need another ship for ranked for those about to reach 7 rank 1 seasons.

Boo

I was excited for that ship too

Even more things!

The damage control party has been changed from a cruiser to a destroyer version, meaning 60 instead of 90 second cooldown on standard and 40 instead of 60 second on premium.

I don't understand why they can't just copy the Des Moines and leave well enough alone. Then I could have one configured with AA spec for pubs and one without for clan battles.

I don't understand why they can't just copy the Des Moines and leave well enough alone.
    warthunder is next door m8

If it is the ranked reward ship after the black I honestly don't care. I have no intention to grind rank 1 ever again.

If its a free XP ship, I might be a little bit annoyed, as I was honestly hoping for a des moines clone as a premium.

does warthunder have boat combat that requires an ounce of skill without relying on crutches like smoke

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting

So you want another copy of Des Moines and thus making new ship completely obsolate. Yeah, make sense :P

I think his point is more about having alternating fits for one ship or multiple ships of the same class but being fit differently for specific purposes, so you don't have to deal with the issue of having to time-consumingly refit a ship you play differently, depending on the game-mode and keeping track of different modules and captains.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    I think his point is more about having alternating fits for one ship or multiple ships of the same class but being fit differently for specific purposes, so you don't have to deal with the issue of having to time-consumingly refit a ship you play differently, depending on the game-mode and keeping track of different modules and captains.
    What I'd really like to see is elite ships becoming akin to premiums in terms of captain being able to transfer without retraining, but that's likely never going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Voulture View Post
    So you want another copy of Des Moines and thus making new ship completely obsolate. Yeah, make sense :P
    It would be no more or less obsolete than Kongo is for people with one of the Arp Kongos. There's more than one way to fit the thing, even for pubs, and it'd be nice to not have to pay to redo skills and modules all the time. It also avoids the endless wandering between one bizarre gimmick and another, not to mention it removes the possibility of introducing something stupidly broken like the Graf Zeppelin.

what would be broken about the graf zep

Quote Originally Posted by Duckslayer View Post
    I should be home.now but I keep stopping to post. I'm in need of a mega poo. so much so that I'm tempted to leave slurry across one of these gardens and deal with the wiping later. gonna toss a coin

phoneposting