hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 275 of 339 FirstFirst ... 175225265272273274275276277278285325 ... LastLast
Results 5,481 to 5,500 of 6772

Thread: World of Warships

>cruisers
    >armor
    ayyy lmao

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    >cruisers
    >armor
    ayyy lmao
      Spoiler:

A few millimeters here and there can be the difference between life or death.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    Having played close to 200 tier 10 matches now in the Mino (mostly radar) I really came to love and hate CVs.

I'm unsure what I want to grind next, I miss not having a larger hitpoints pool but I like the speed and maneuvrability and if I manage to angle well I only need to fear couple of tier 9-10 BBs and the Moskva (that shit pens even with HE from any angle fml).

Overall I think I'd get the Moskva first and then the Missouri (at 110k freexp atm, I don't really want to pay monies for it).

Any suggestions? Hindenburg looks interesting but not enough and the Zao seems meh gameplay wise. Demoines seems even squishier than the Mino.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Bow on, a lot of BB's are unable to pen the demoine.
    Only 15" or smaller weapons, so only three battleships (Monarch, Bismarck, and Tirpitz) that a Des Moines will expect to meet outside of fail divisions. Any weapon 16" or larger can overmatch and potentially hit the citadel of a Des Moines from any angle, as unlike the other tier 10 heavy cruisers the Des Moines lacks upper side armor thick enough to avoid the overmatch rule. The other heavies can angle intelligently and bait shots into their sides which will ricochet at extreme angles, Des Moines just dies.
    Add Lion and Conqueror to that list because of short fuse AP and yeah we have 5 BB's unable to overmatch the demoine.

Having played close to 200 tier 10 matches now in the Mino (mostly radar) I really came to love and hate CVs.

I'm unsure what I want to grind next, I miss not having a larger hitpoints pool but I like the speed and maneuvrability and if I manage to angle well I only need to fear couple of tier 9-10 BBs and the Moskva (that shit pens even with HE from any angle fml).

Overall I think I'd get the Moskva first and then the Missouri (at 110k freexp atm, I don't really want to pay monies for it).

Any suggestions? Hindenburg looks interesting but not enough and the Zao seems meh gameplay wise. Demoines seems even squishier than the Mino.

Only 15" or smaller weapons, so only three battleships (Monarch, Bismarck, and Tirpitz) that a Des Moines will expect to meet outside of fail divisions. Any weapon 16" or larger can overmatch and potentially hit the citadel of a Des Moines from any angle, as unlike the other tier 10 heavy cruisers the Des Moines lacks upper side armor thick enough to avoid the overmatch rule. The other heavies can angle intelligently and bait shots into their sides which will ricochet at extreme angles, Des Moines just dies.
    Add Lion and Conqueror to that list because of short fuse AP and yeah we have 5 BB's unable to overmatch the demoine.
    Fuse time has nothing to do with overmatch. The shells will still overmatch and penetrate, they just might not make it to the citadel, so you'll "only" eat 4,200-4,967 damage per shell, depending on which guns they're using.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar

Fuse time has nothing to do with overmatch. The shells will still overmatch and penetrate, they just might not make it to the citadel, so you'll "only" eat 4,200-4,967 damage per shell, depending on which guns they're using.
    As long as your citadel is untouchable it is still a fight you could take since < 5k damage @ 25-30 seconds reload is something the BB is going to really struggle with, versus taking a fight against a battleship which will kill you in two volleys outright.

Neither a Lion or a Concqueror will get to the demoines citadel when it's bow on.

started on the british battleships this weekend, got the Orion sunday

can i just say that the Orion is fucking broken ? i've got a +30% hit rate with the main battery guns on that thing and those guns hit like a fucking truck at tier 4, yea i get most foes have 14" guns to i's 13.5" but they dont get that sort of spread where you're reliably hitting with more than a third of the volley.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    can i just say that the Orion is fucking broken
    higher HE dmg per shell than montana

haven't looked at that yet, firing pure AP atm.

ammo shennanigans is not really supposed to be important until after the queen Elizabeth.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

As long as your citadel is untouchable it is still a fight you could take since < 5k damage @ 25-30 seconds reload is something the BB is going to really struggle with, versus taking a fight against a battleship which will kill you in two volleys outright.

Neither a Lion or a Concqueror will get to the demoines citadel when it's bow on.
      Spoiler:

Leaving aside the 15k+ normal pen volleys, as well.

Well, damn. With my own experience driving the Lion and Conqueror aswell as pitting myself up against them in the Demoine, that have never happened to me.

Well, I was wrong then

Had a really awkward moment yesterday this morning — got a bit over my head in the Gneis (<3) and had to turn HARD which resulted in being caught in an allied Fuso's butt for what seemed like 2 minutes. Still ended up 1st place though.

Yamamoto acquired, threw him on the Nagato as it's my favorite Japanese ship. Put the 19 point Nagato commander on Mogami so I don't have to grind out IFHE on it. Red tracers are kinda' neat.

Son of a bitch. I just had the chance to ambush a Conqueror in my Saint-Louis and get some torpedoes off onto him, but as I round the island at 4km from him and he turns away (easy torping) he fires an HE volley into my left side and it blows up the torpedo launchers on both sides of my ship.

Spoiler:

Pls explain, I haz le dumb.

Spoiler:
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Pls explain, I haz le dumb.

Spoiler:
    What is there to explain? Yesterday, you had one very good game in your destroyer, presumably the Akatsuki. If that one game's stats were an average, it would qualify you for a seriously high WTR. You mostly play cruisers (it even says so on the top of the page) and more BBs than DDs, so the WTR that gets averaged over all your games played is significantly lower.

During the last day you have played better than your total average, increasing your total WTR by 1 in that timeframe. Over the last 4 days, you have also played better than your average, and because that means more games than just over the last day (kinda obvious), it increased your total WTR by 2.

The same is true for most of the itemized WTRs, but because your battleship games yesterday were worse than your average, you lost one point of battleship-only WTR.

I'm not the most active of members, but the clan is currently full, so should we temp kick the ones, which haven't been active lately (no oil etc) to make room for new active members, so we can raise the oil faster to expand the clan and have room for both people wanting to join and inactives later returning?
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Actually would make sense since I think consensus is we are going for clan expension now right?

welpo, guess it's time to finally get to that 2nd stage for red october

although i think i'm still top5 for oil

I've been quite productive with the oil, checked this morning )

Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Clan battles details announced: https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/common/yes-we-clan/

Most important feature: Reach a certain point in three seasons and get the Stalingrad battlecruiser cruiser. 40,000 ton displacement, 35.5 knot speed, 3x3 12" guns, and 180mm belt. The enormous, utterly ridiculous Moskva, with its titanic displacement and weapons for a cruiser was a result of someone looking at Stalingrad and thinking "Hey, maybe this is a bit too much, guys."

I need it.