hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 252 of 252 FirstFirst ... 152202242249250251252
Results 5,021 to 5,038 of 5038

Thread: World of Warships

can somebody TLDR the fuzz about the hood packages and the new campaigns ?

as far as i can see, you can complete the campaigns, bar task 8, no problems at all without the hood ? or am i missing something ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

I'm sure WG did something really dumb, but the format of fat whiny british nerd doesn't entice me to find out

Quote Originally Posted by mewninn View Post
    I'm sure WG did something really dumb, but the format of fat whiny british nerd doesn't entice me to find out
    head over to the tenks thread, i posted it in the wrong fucking place >.<
    Viking, n.:

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    can somebody TLDR the fuzz about the hood packages and the new campaigns ?

as far as i can see, you can complete the campaigns, bar task 8, no problems at all without the hood ? or am i missing something ?
    You can complete them without significant effort even without the Hood, but you get additional goodies with it. People don't like the price skimming strategy Wargaming has adopted with premiums, since there's additional time pressure in the form of these campaign goodies. If you just want Hood you have to wait until after the campaign is over and miss out on these extra bits.

The extra bits are relatively small, in my opinion. A standard mission nets you a container with 1x special signal flag or single-shot camo and 2x collectible icons (required to get the special permanent camo). The Hood-specific missions net you a special large container with 7x signals, 7x single-shot camo, and 1x collectible icon (so a total of 56 additional special camos and 56 additional flags).

Alternately, you can buy packs of these large containers for money.

finally a fucking super container, what's it gonna be ?

A FUCKING RADAR UPGRADE MODULE ?

fuck this game for today, fuck it.
    Viking, n.:

is it me, or does the North Carolina just suck ?

the armor, it does nothing :/

edit : i get it's stock, and stock is supposed to suck, but there's fucking nothing between the citadel and enemy battleship calibre shells, that's how it feels anyway.
    Last edited by Liare; May 22 2017 at 06:44:05 PM.
    Viking, n.:

Thing is though, its the same the other way arround. Except its superior german turtleback you are so easily penetrating.

So I am getting the feeling that I am missing something about the acceleration mod. I know it only helps accelerating at speeds from 0 to 6 knots. I know it doesn't help you to slow down. But limiting it just to that, seems as if this module just has absolutely no point in existing and WG's clear disregard to any buffs proposed during the last module shuffle, could indicate that there is more to this mod, than meets the eye. So that got me thinking. Is it possible, that the module actually helps you change your vector better? And I do not mean the obvious 0-6 knots vector-change when going from zero to any movement, but does it actually have an effect on a ship that runs at full speed and goes into a turn? Does it somewhat help keep speed up in a turn? Does it have a small effect on the turning radius by allowing the ship have a faster vector-change or something in that direction?

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

edit : i get it's stock, and stock is supposed to suck, but there's fucking nothing between the citadel and enemy battleship calibre shells, that's how it feels anyway.
    You need to always angle and never show your broadside, try to plan accordingly with your positioning. Iowa is the same, if not worse, they are however great ships once you get the hang of them.
    go away

North Carolina is great. Bow-on immunity to every AP shell except Yamato's while having better bow armament than any of the other tier 8 battleships (save the matching Alabama), tier-for-tier some of the best AA in the game, very stealthy (~12.1km detection with stealth setup). While the Germans are the best tier 8 battleships at close range and the Amagi the best at long I would say the North Carolina/Alabama are best at medium and the ones most able to fight outside their comfort zone in a pinch.

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    So I am getting the feeling that I am missing something about the acceleration mod. I know it only helps accelerating at speeds from 0 to 6 knots. I know it doesn't help you to slow down. But limiting it just to that, seems as if this module just has absolutely no point in existing and WG's clear disregard to any buffs proposed during the last module shuffle, could indicate that there is more to this mod, than meets the eye. So that got me thinking. Is it possible, that the module actually helps you change your vector better? And I do not mean the obvious 0-6 knots vector-change when going from zero to any movement, but does it actually have an effect on a ship that runs at full speed and goes into a turn? Does it somewhat help keep speed up in a turn? Does it have a small effect on the turning radius by allowing the ship have a faster vector-change or something in that direction?
    It does none of those things except the 0-6 knots. I only use it on destroyers with good rudder shift as a slight benefit during those times when you're sitting in smoke and torps pop up on screen. Otherwise it's rudder shift or damage control.

Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    Thing is though, its the same the other way arround. Except its superior german turtleback you are so easily penetrating.
    the guns are worse than on the Tirpitz though, so while the shells hurt they rarely seem to hit, and even then i get more overpen's than anything else. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post

You need to always angle and never show your broadside, try to plan accordingly with your positioning. Iowa is the same, if not worse, they are however great ships once you get the hang of them.
    that is absurd, that means the Colorado has more raw usable firepower as you can actually tank incoming shells with the rear-guns in use.

it's also fucking retarded, but i get why the whole "FRONT ON FULL REVERSE!" deal is a thing, the ship seems basically unplayable if you dare attempt to actually use the sort of tactics warships used.
    Viking, n.:

The Tirpitz and Bismarck have the worst main batteries of the tier 8s. North Carolina has better range, horizontal dispersion, vertical dispersion, penetration, shell weight, damage, DPM, and overmatch ability. You can use the stern turret on the North Carolina, but you do need to be much more careful about your turns because it lacks turtleback and is therefore more vulnerable to spike damage, though at very short range the underwater citadel can mean shots will fly over it instead of into it. With a stealth fit you can pick your fights pretty well, and sometimes even disengage and escape if need be.

The game is very different from the real world, so of course actual naval tactics don't work. Keep in mind the Bismarck and Tirpitz were overrated Kriegaboo wankfests in the real world that displaced as much as an Iowa but had <60% of the throw weight and an AA suite that couldn't hit biplanes.
    Last edited by Dahak; May 22 2017 at 08:09:55 PM.

the guns are worse than on the Tirpitz though, so while the shells hurt they rarely seem to hit, and even then i get more overpen's than anything else. :/

that is absurd, that means the Colorado has more raw usable firepower as you can actually tank incoming shells with the rear-guns in use.

it's also fucking retarded, but i get why the whole "FRONT ON FULL REVERSE!" deal is a thing, the ship seems basically unplayable if you dare attempt to actually use the sort of tactics warships used.
    The NC is significantly killier than the Colorado and its guns are both more accurate, have more pen and do more damage than the Tirpitz.
    Don't go in the trap of muh realism vs gameplay in this ship based arcade shooter, bow on tactics are moronic irl for a multitude of reasons, but they work here and they work well.
    Also the lobbing of shells over small mountains is a US BB feat that can be exploited to great success.
    US ships are generally harder to play than most other nations(not counting DD's), but also among the most significant for team contribution when played right.
    Go with a stealthbuild (12.1 km iirc) and surprise motherfucker the enemy into submission.
    go away

The colorado tanks absolutely nothing though. You regularly eat 10k volleys from any angle.

The NC shits on Tirpitz guns because the arcs and SH shells mean you can citadel cruisers at stupid angles, and battleships themselves can eat tons of damage if the shells plunge onto their deck.

Meanwhile Tirpitz arcs means you hit underwater citadels far less, and you're also worthless against ships that angle against you

The NC is significantly killier than the Colorado and its guns are both more accurate, have more pen and do more damage than the Tirpitz.
    Don't go in the trap of muh realism vs gameplay in this ship based arcade shooter, bow on tactics are moronic irl for a multitude of reasons, but they work here and they work well.
    Also the lobbing of shells over small mountains is a US BB feat that can be exploited to great success.
    US ships are generally harder to play than most other nations(not counting DD's), but also among the most significant for team contribution when played right.
    Go with a stealthbuild (12.1 km iirc) and surprise motherfucker the enemy into submission.
    the guns seem significantly worse than the Colorado where i even ran with the range extension module, sure they hit harder, but you're reduced to 6 guns effective versus 8 and it's more like a shotgun when it comes to the shell spread, the Colorado and Warspite actually felt quite comparable in terms of gunnery for me.

i dunno, the entire ship feels like a case-study in what's wrong with World of Warships, it's arcadification basically hard-counter the things that made the "modern" 16" USN Battleships good, so instead we get this silly "IM LIKE TOTALLY A TANK!" cookie to deal with it.

bleh, i think im going to get a spare port-slot and pick up the New Mexico again, that's a glorious Battleship and a fine stablemate to my Warspite, the mid-tiers actually play roughly like you'd expect Warships to behave, derpy as fuck captains not withstanding.
    Viking, n.:

Battleships are hit and miss regardless of how accurate their guns are, you need a large sample size when it comes to gun accuracy.
    The first 20 battles in my Hood was stellar, good accuracy, good damage and now i've hit a spell (for the lat 10 matches or so) where it can't hit stationary targets 5 km away.
    It felt amazing for the first battles and now its utter shit. I do suspect though, that it is actually a good ship once the rng jesus stops throwing spanners in my gears.

The NC is a solid upgrade from the Colorado (who is better than its reputation now that its been buffed), but you now have the playstyle of the fast US BBs which is significantly different from the dreadnoughts.
    In my honest opinion though, BB play is best at tier 5-7 at higher tiers its a fucking faff.
    go away

BBs in general I have repress the urge to alt-tab while waiting for the guns to reload. Sooo slooow. Zzzzzz