hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 326 of 334 FirstFirst ... 226276316323324325326327328329 ... LastLast
Results 6,501 to 6,520 of 6666

Thread: World of Warships

Good player, not the best when it comes to analyzing or paying attention to stuff he takes no interest in.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

They are all great and i'm hyped as fuck.

I ended up buying the Balanshtadt because apparently Alaska is getting delayed yet again.... I must say, it is fun and in no way overpowered.

Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post
    I ended up buying the Balanshtadt because apparently Alaska is getting delayed yet again.... I must say, it is fun and in no way overpowered.
    Welcome to the railgun master race, enjoy your citadel kills.

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenar Rumanev View Post
    Welcome to the railgun master race, enjoy your citadel kills.
    When dispersion doesn't troll you too much. Really wonky guns compared to the scalpel that the Balansgrad and Moskva are
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

If dispersion trolls you then you are just not close enough.

I'm sorry if I avoid getting close to shit in a 25mm bow thing that has the turning radius of the moon and the agility of Saturn.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I'm sorry that I'm bad at positioning.

i don't get what all the crying about the new carriers is about, the gameplay loop is fun, it's much less annoying to deal with incoming strikes and so forth.

it's a bit arse on Destroyers, but they've needed a role redesign for a while anyway. (gib torpedo speed settings and subs plz)
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    "It's a bit arse on destroyers".

Being 3 shotted by a rocket squadron in a fully AA specced Gearing and how easily carriers now can deal with DD's shakes up the meta in such a bad way that if you think this is fine you lack such a fundamental understanding of how this game works it's not even worth discussing this with you.

Possible boohoohoo? I only had one game in randoms and it was in a GK and a double CVs game. Didn't notice it was much worse or anything, but the pressure was contant unlike the RTS.
    I did however notice that CVs can hold their own very fucking well now.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    I did however notice that CVs can hold their own very fucking well now.
    LOL fucking what? How has that changed just now. What are you talking about?

But sure, let's make a hard counter against a ship class with a class you can't counter that already has hard counters in spades. Ineffective AA, unlimited plane spawns, even fighters has been gimped so other CV's can't reliably counter other CV's in support of your team.

That some people don't think this is completely broken
    Last edited by helgur; February 1 2019 at 05:43:48 AM.

ur jimmies seem very rustled, maybe even more so than hogbutt's

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Some do, you are not alone here. I just feel it's pointless to argue with some people about specific things. Carriers were broken and carriers are broken and in my personal opinion it got worse, for both non-CV players and CV players at the same time. Some people just do not see what is wrong there, just as with radar.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; February 1 2019 at 06:24:02 AM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

It is certainly less compelling.

One of the thonks i heard is that DDs won't be detached ninjafagets and will have to stay near the team for AA support and therefore screen the biggies as they were always supposed to.

He who blobeth wineth. Gonna be so much fun to have T10-gameplay on all the tiers now. Yeay? Who cares that some ships are designed for independant play and stealth and things other than sitting back and sniping... Let's all play US BBs and cruisers. No reason to play anything else and yes, that includes DDs. What are they going to bring to a blob that a cruiser doesn't? Torpedoes with 6km to 8km range to throw against ships that blob at 15km away? Superawesomefuntimes.

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Some do, you are not alone here. I just feel it's pointless to argue with some people about specific things. Carriers were broken and carriers are broken and in my personal opinion it got worse, for both non-CV players and CV players at the same time. Some people just do not see what is wrong there, just as with radar.
    I've only played like 15 games in the new CVs (Saipan and Enterprise) to get muh 400 steel. It's so shit I can't/don't even. By evening all you could see were Minotaurs and DesMoines with the occasional Wooster

Honestly, it's a complete trainwreck and reddit is a clusterfuck echochamber where the same opinion is upvoted or downvoted into oblivion depending on the time of day (probably people taking their meds or not).

No counterplay against the new cvs at all. Sure you can blob up, but even then AA is so bad now planes hardly gets shot down, and if you do it doesnt matter since the cvs have inifinite planes.
    With the reduced range of AA across the board and the reduced concealment on all ships bar DDs (who are fucked by CVs even more now) carrier spotting is as good as ever and the team with the worse CVs still lose.
    So what changed for the better?

Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    So what changed for the better?
    You can get up to 3 CV per side and in mostly tier X MM your Shokaku will get paired with a Midway VS a Hakuryu and a Saipan/Enterprise. You'll be able to kill nothing and you'll spend most of the time admiring how your team is clumped in 1-2 massive blobs at the edge of the map whilst all caps are the enemy team's.

Definitely super improvement. Seriously, fuck WG and fuck this game.

They need to revert the AA range nerfs and reduce the spotting range of air wings.