hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 325 of 325 FirstFirst ... 225275315322323324325
Results 6,481 to 6,491 of 6491

Thread: World of Warships

This really is proof you have no idea what you're talking about and you haven't truly played CV at reasonable tiers.
    that's the majority of the problem right there, nobody outside a select few even play high tier carriers because the gameplay loop is a fucking turd, and no i don't really play much above tier 8 because the balancing beyond that point is basically shit, the escalating battleship accuracy sucks the fun out of playing cruisers and Destroyers right quick.

Yes, there's massive alpha strike potential currently, but if you get a mino+worc area of denial that covers half the map you're SOL even with tier X planes (combine this with several minutes of swearing if those are in a smoke and you can't spot what's killing your planes, by the time you realise it you lost 1/2 of your squadrons at the very least).
    so what you're saying is that the fundemental gameplay loop is fucking terrible and should be changed to something more accessible ?

The new CV is not properly balanced and we're getting 3+ per side this time instead of only one and you can get permafloods easily in one attack run - how is this different than outright delete? Anti-flood flags are useless and even with high alert specced into your captain you're really in for a world of hurt. AA is really shit as well with the rework, so good luck with that.
    so, save your repair until after the strike is over ? how is that different from hanging onto your repair until you've got multiple fires ? also what happened to actually turning into the attack ? or is ship manoeuvring not a thing any more sub-battleship class ? and balancing is ongoing, and i specifically pointed out i am less worried about that, and more interested in if the fundamental gameplay is fun and engaging.

The main problem with WG in WoWs is exactly balancing the stuff. They could have balanced the carriers as they were, Fara has provided invaluable feedback that they chose to completely ignore and went ahead with the rework and now you have 1/2 the number of ships because odd tiers have been disposed of for some reason and unlimited planes. Please read that again. Unlimited planes. Previously if your CV was not as skilled as the other CV player then he would be in a severe case of plane attrition. Now even a monkey can play and deal good damage - and there's going to be 3+ of them too
    unlimited planes also means upping AA efficiency to increase plane casualties is not as problematic as it used to be, the number of times i have basically emptied a T4 carrier with my Yubari because he didn't see me until i popped AA aren't insignificant, and it's not fun to be left with no planes because your ran them into a unspotted cruiser.

Idk I'm only waiting on the CV rework to go live to cash in on my Free XP and dubloons, I couldn't care less about the class with the RTS mode gone.

Proposed changes by Fara:
    - rework the interface;
    - rework the number of instructions per minute the game can process; even if you had good APM, the game could only process limited number of inputs, ending up with your planes getting strafed;
    - more info on how to play; tutorials!
    - rebalance AP dive bombers.
    the whole carrier RTS mode was basically peak bad gamedesign from one end to another, every proposal there is an attempt at patching up the problems rather than fundamentally addressing the fact it was a bad design from the getgo.

Easy as that. But noo, they went full retard and reworked the whole thing (read: copy pasted from world of warplanes lel).
    not really, and you know it.

BTW, the planes returning to the carrier now have orbital arcs, so they can't be killed by AA when returning to the carrier. How quaint.
    because having your shit wrecked when you can't actually do anything to control it is a good idea, right ?
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Personally I am keeping the hysteria around the CV rework to myself until I get to try it.

It's clear wargaming is pressing ahead with it anyway, so unless you have tried it on the test sever I suggest you wait and see.

Also you should be having this conversation in the main warships thread or on discord instead of shitting up the pictures thread.

I feel Liare is just parroting reddit posts so I'll end my posting here. Probably for him Starcraft 2 is also bad design and we should all control a FPS SCV so we can focus more on building barracks instead of actually developing multitasking and strategic skills
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Cosmin View Post
    I feel Liare is just parroting reddit posts so I'll end my posting here. Probably for him Starcraft 2 is also bad design and we should all control a FPS SCV so we can focus more on building barracks instead of actually developing multitasking and strategic skills
    nothing wrong with SC2, but the RTS carrier design has more in common with Dune 2 than SC 2, including dumb-as-fuck units that has to be individually micro'd to do shit.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    nothing wrong with SC2, but the RTS carrier design has more in common with Dune 2 than SC 2, including dumb-as-fuck units that has to be individually micro'd to do shit.
    are you saying SC2 units have some degree of independence?

having planes auto-retreat from AA if not explicitly ordered would be great
    also imba

Clearly you haven't seen how interceptors yolo into individual marines and individual marines insist on killing interceptors instead of focusing down the carrier

@Liare - Micro is very important in SC2 when you're past Gold league, otherwise you can't really get the upper hand. And it is so regardless of race, albeit it is most important to zerg

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    are you saying SC2 units have some degree of independence?

having planes auto-retreat from AA if not explicitly ordered would be great
    also imba
    for one thing, they actually attack stuff that wanders into their range automatically, unlike carrier fighters, automatic retreat from AA that you mention as well.

Clearly you haven't seen how interceptors yolo into individual marines and individual marines insist on killing interceptors instead of focusing down the carrier

@Liare - Micro is very important in SC2 when you're past Gold league, otherwise you can't really get the upper hand. And it is so regardless of race, albeit it is most important to zerg
    and SC2 is setup in a manner that makes that micro reasonably easy and exposed to the player early on with abilities, automatic tab-grouping and what have you, it's got a lot of micro, but it's also build with that in mind so the player has the tools to do it relatively easily, carrier interceptor retardation is the exception, not the rule.

WOWS RTS mode has a massively laggy interface, very low command-per-second cap, mechanics that are not visually exposed and that does not make all that much sense in the first place, why are manual drops more accurate than automatics ? why is strafing explained literately nowhere ? why is there squadron on squadron "lock in" for fighters so they can't retreat when out of ammo and engaged by other fighters and why can you strafe out of this lock-in ? why are there no visual indication of AA coverage for spotted targets ? why are the units dumber than those of Dune 2 (they at least auto-engage when shit wanders into range) ? why can't i see drop patterns anywhere but in battle ?
    Viking, n.:

also can a mod move this discussion over into the other thread ? pretty please with 16" shells on top ?
    Viking, n.:

for one thing, they actually attack stuff that wanders into their range automatically, unlike carrier fighters, automatic retreat from AA that you mention as well.
    Are we playing the same game? More than once my carrier fighters yoloed into autoturrets and died like morons when left unattended

also can a mod move this discussion over into the other thread ? pretty please with 16" shells on top ?
    Yes pls, make new thred RTS where are thou

Honestly, idk anybody anymore playing Starcraft

i was talking about WOWS carrier fighters, not SC carrier fighters.

why they still cost minerals is beyond me tbh, the derpy little things should be placed on permanent suicide watch.
    Viking, n.:

Viking, n.: