hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 324 of 333 FirstFirst ... 224274314321322323324325326327 ... LastLast
Results 6,461 to 6,480 of 6644

Thread: World of Warships

i just wanna point out that i was the first to cry steel port and that dregek does indeed suck dicks

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient Ways View Post
    Reinstalled after taking a several month break just in time to grind through all my snowflakes and finish off the T10 grind for Zao and Republique. Still puts me no where near the steel I would need for the Stalingrad, which is the only steel ship that really interests me as a cruiser main with the Atlanta already. Now we start getting previews of the Azuma aka the IJN B-65 super cruiser, which I hope is not going to end up steel as well, but since its an interesting design and T10 it probably will be behind that wall.
    i hear clan battles provide quite some steel

Reinstalled after taking a several month break just in time to grind through all my snowflakes and finish off the T10 grind for Zao and Republique. Still puts me no where near the steel I would need for the Stalingrad, which is the only steel ship that really interests me as a cruiser main with the Atlanta already. Now we start getting previews of the Azuma aka the IJN B-65 super cruiser, which I hope is not going to end up steel as well, but since its an interesting design and T10 it probably will be behind that wall.
    I hear Stalingrad is nowhere near a cruiser, but then again not a lot of people understand the idea behind "Battleship Moskva".

Putting Stalingrad and Atlanta in the same sentence is simplifying it too much. If you want a cruiser similar to the Atlanta, the Flint is the thing you want, albeit it exchanges Atlanta's radar with smoke.

There's also a package that yields around ?4k steel that's for sale for 42 quid on the premium shop. I thought about getting it to rebuild the Steel deficit I have at the moment, but it's nowhere near what I'd need for another steel ship so screw it. I'm happy to play CBs when available for moar steel, as Razor said above.
    Guns make the news, science doesn't.

Clan Wars are not possible for me, my work schedule means if I'm home for the last half hour of it, I'm lucky. And ranked is such a toxic wasteland of a grind that I've basically given up on steel. Since I already have the Atlanta, the Flint does not interest me much, while the Kronshtadt has proven fun, if entirely random in battle due to the guns while I hear the Stalingrad's guns are remarkable accurate and consistent. I've pretty much made my peace with not getting steel in any reasonable amounts, so I've decided to stop spending money on WoWS, which so far means I've not bought my annual year of premium time or any Santa crates. So I'll keep messing around and enjoying my ships, but WG will have to go hunt for a replacement whale somewhere else.

Clan Wars are not possible for me, my work schedule means if I'm home for the last half hour of it, I'm lucky. And ranked is such a toxic wasteland of a grind that I've basically given up on steel. Since I already have the Atlanta, the Flint does not interest me much, while the Kronshtadt has proven fun, if entirely random in battle due to the guns while I hear the Stalingrad's guns are remarkable accurate and consistent. I've pretty much made my peace with not getting steel in any reasonable amounts, so I've decided to stop spending money on WoWS, which so far means I've not bought my annual year of premium time or any Santa crates. So I'll keep messing around and enjoying my ships, but WG will have to go hunt for a replacement whale somewhere else.
    You don't need steel ships to have fun. I don't have the time to get steel either really but there a lot of fun premiums and silver ships out there .

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Well, the Black is heaps of fun, even if the teams are bloody retarded and will leave you out to dry. At least today it's been a complete nightmare. But those sea mine torps and the guns.

I'm still trying to decide between BFT + Survivability Expert and RPF + Vigilance. Will probably reshuffle the captain again - it's my old CV 18 pointer.

Current Black build: PT -> AR/LS -> SE/BFT/SI -> CE. Last point supposed to go into PM.
    What I'm tempted with: PT -> AR/LS -> SE/BFT -> CE/RPF

And with this I'm done playing USN CVs. It's been fun but seriously no. I'm just waiting to get my heaps of dubloons and FreeXP caused by the refunds when 0.8.0 hits.
    Last edited by Cosmin; December 25 2018 at 05:43:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    You don't need steel ships to have fun. I don't have the time to get steel either really but there a lot of fun premiums and silver ships out there .

Oh sure, I'm not walking away from the game entirely at this point. I'll still play and enjoy my ships and may even finish grinding out the KM cruiser line. But without premium, grinding up a brand new ship line is a terrible pain and I'll likely slowly lose interest as the amount of time it takes becomes too much trouble for the effort. I'll be down to logging in every couple of weeks for a couple games, looking at the new ships that are locked behind steel or grinds I'm not willing to make, and taking my money to another game. I have enough income to splurge every once in while, but not huge amounts of time for the foreseeable future. WG has decided to lock interesting and fun looking ships behind steel and time gating, that's their marketing strategy. Their just going to have to find someone else to pay for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post

Oh sure, I'm not walking away from the game entirely at this point. I'll still play and enjoy my ships and may even finish grinding out the KM cruiser line. But without premium, grinding up a brand new ship line is a terrible pain and I'll likely slowly lose interest as the amount of time it takes becomes too much trouble for the effort. I'll be down to logging in every couple of weeks for a couple games, looking at the new ships that are locked behind steel or grinds I'm not willing to make, and taking my money to another game. I have enough income to splurge every once in while, but not huge amounts of time for the foreseeable future. WG has decided to lock interesting and fun looking ships behind steel and time gating, that's their marketing strategy. Their just going to have to find someone else to pay for it.
    Totally fair enough and understandable. Hope you enjoy the new games .

After 14 matches in the Black, it's gud. Only problem with it is that if you're spotted for one microsecond, all the enemys' guns are turned to you. Everybody wants a piece of your booty, all the damn time.

It has decent concealment at 5.8km (meaning all IJN DDs will outspot you), but otoh it has a 7.5km 25s radar. The torpedoes are sea mines, fire and forget and then congratulate yourself on super unicum thinking that there's going to be a ship there in about 2 minutes - 13.7km range 43kn is LOL until you eat one, it's a 21k deathstick to DDs and does decent damage on other stuff too. Flooding chance is kinda off the charts from what I've seen.

Guns are usual Fletcher guns, BFT is kinda must if you want to have a chance against DDs like Akizuki, you take a ton of damage from cruisers as well, but it sits ok in the water so with a little maneuvering you can make everybody shooting you look even more stupid.

...so the carrier rework looks... good ?

wtf is wrong with this reality now ? fess up, who's pouring psychotropics into WG's vodkasupply ? RAZOR?!?!
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

what

also, wrong thread?

Quote Originally Posted by RazoR View Post
    what

also, wrong thread?
    yes, wrong thread.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Quote Originally Posted by Liare View Post
    Is that a question or a statement. Because if it's the later, I vehemently disagree.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    Is that a question or a statement. Because if it's the later, I vehemently disagree.
    it's a statement, and compared to the existing, fundamentally broken alpha-strike heavy setup currently live it's going to be much much better for the game balance overall.
    Viking, n.:

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    The carrier rework is bad and if implemented in it's current iteration will completely break the game

If you think it is a nerf to carriers you haven't payed much attention. Carrier rework will see infinite plane reloads, AA that is completely irrelevant accross the board, up to 4 carriers for each team, and even though you won't have the alpha strike capability, you will basically be able to strike several times with one squadron which will make it super easy to permaflood your victim. Which is even more annoying than alphastrike tbqfh

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    The carrier rework is bad and if implemented in it's current iteration will completely break the game

If you think it is a nerf to carriers you haven't payed much attention. Carrier rework will see infinite plane reloads, AA that is completely irrelevant accross the board, up to 4 carriers for each team, and even though you won't have the alpha strike capability, you will basically be able to strike several times with one squadron which will make it super easy to permaflood your victim. Which is even more annoying than alphastrike tbqfh
    Exactly that, plus DDs are gonna have an even more fun-time than they already have and one shouldn't forget about the CV-player and the player-player interaction. There's no skill involved in attacking anymore, there's no real way to help defend your own flotilla against air attacks outside of a glorified catapult-fighter consumable. And then there is the issue of having only one new carrier per two tiers, which is going to be so funny when it comes to balancing for both the CV-player and the players on the recieving end. Oh and strike groups can now use RPF.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; January 8 2019 at 04:15:27 PM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post

Exactly that, plus DDs are gonna have an even more fun-time than they already have and one shouldn't forget about the CV-player and the player-player interaction. There's no skill involved in attacking anymore, there's no real way to help defend your own flotilla against air attacks outside of a glorified catapult-fighter consumable. And then there is the issue of having only one new carrier per two tiers, which is going to be so funny when it comes to balancing for both the CV-player and the players on the recieving end. Oh and strike groups can now use RPF.
    Holy fuck RPF on CV planes, woot. Also concealment expert works on planes, WTF!

Exactly what's been said above, the CVs are even more annoying now and you'll get up to FOUR per team. This will completely fuck up the game.

i am less worried about the current balance and more worried about the fundemental gameplay loop.

first off, the biggest complaint, massive alpha strikes near instant deleting ships is functionally gone, that's a good thing, secondly the actual gameplay is made intuitive and more responsive, another good thing. as for the claim it requires no skill, really ? it strikes me as, if anything somewhat more demanding than alt-clicking the map so the torps arm 30 meters from the hull until you're out of planes, if anything if they tune especially short range AA right the tradeoff between riding the munitions in to get a assured hit, or dropping/firing further out accepting less hits but less losses is going to be a interesting balance to deal with, especially if lost planes mean longer flight turnarounds.

sure, the balance is turd tier right now, and there's no assurance they will get it right, but the actual gameplay loop looks quite fun and engaging.

as for Destroyers, they've needed help basically since the end of the closed beta, expecting gameplay changes to not fuck them over is like hoping for sunny weather, it's nice when it happens, but you can't fucking count on it.
    Viking, n.:

oh wow ok

idk have you tried playing CV yourself?

i am less worried about the current balance and more worried about the fundemental gameplay loop.
    This really is proof you have no idea what you're talking about and you haven't truly played CV at reasonable tiers.

Yes, there's massive alpha strike potential currently, but if you get a mino+worc area of denial that covers half the map you're SOL even with tier X planes (combine this with several minutes of swearing if those are in a smoke and you can't spot what's killing your planes, by the time you realise it you lost 1/2 of your squadrons at the very least).

The new CV is not properly balanced and we're getting 3+ per side this time instead of only one and you can get permafloods easily in one attack run - how is this different than outright delete? Anti-flood flags are useless and even with high alert specced into your captain you're really in for a world of hurt. AA is really shit as well with the rework, so good luck with that.

The main problem with WG in WoWs is exactly balancing the stuff. They could have balanced the carriers as they were, Fara has provided invaluable feedback that they chose to completely ignore and went ahead with the rework and now you have 1/2 the number of ships because odd tiers have been disposed of for some reason and unlimited planes. Please read that again. Unlimited planes. Previously if your CV was not as skilled as the other CV player then he would be in a severe case of plane attrition. Now even a monkey can play and deal good damage - and there's going to be 3+ of them too

Idk I'm only waiting on the CV rework to go live to cash in on my Free XP and dubloons, I couldn't care less about the class with the RTS mode gone.

Proposed changes by Fara:
    - rework the interface;
    - rework the number of instructions per minute the game can process; even if you had good APM, the game could only process limited number of inputs, ending up with your planes getting strafed;
    - more info on how to play; tutorials!
    - rebalance AP dive bombers.

Easy as that. But noo, they went full retard and reworked the whole thing (read: copy pasted from world of warplanes lel).

BTW, the planes returning to the carrier now have orbital arcs, so they can't be killed by AA when returning to the carrier. How quaint.