hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 262 of 262 FirstFirst ... 162212252259260261262
Results 5,221 to 5,239 of 5239

Thread: World of Warships

Public Test 0.6.8
    Balance Corrections
    Japanese Destroyers

Changed reloading time for the torpedo tubes mounted on certain Japanese destroyers carrying the Torpedo Reload Booster.

Reloading time of torpedo tubes when Torpedo Reload Booster activate reduced from 30 to 8s for Kagero and Yūgumo to encourage more aggressive gameplay, and to improve the competitiveness of the booster with the Smoke Generator.

For Akizuki and Shiratsuyu, a reloading time of 5s was too efficient compared to same-tier ships, so reloading time with an activated Booster was increased from 5 to 8s. The Booster was placed in the Smoke Generator slot for Shiratsuyu.
    wtf is ths shit

Quote Originally Posted by Protik View Post
    Public Test 0.6.8
    Balance Corrections
    Japanese Destroyers

Changed reloading time for the torpedo tubes mounted on certain Japanese destroyers carrying the Torpedo Reload Booster.

Reloading time of torpedo tubes when Torpedo Reload Booster activate reduced from 30 to 8s for Kagero and Yūgumo to encourage more aggressive gameplay, and to improve the competitiveness of the booster with the Smoke Generator.

For Akizuki and Shiratsuyu, a reloading time of 5s was too efficient compared to same-tier ships, so reloading time with an activated Booster was increased from 5 to 8s. The Booster was placed in the Smoke Generator slot for Shiratsuyu.
    wtf is ths shit
    Well it is op as fuck. See my shirat win rate of over 75% as evidence. But yeah that's a fucking hard nerf...

Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

WG doesnt like torpedoes, because they arent random enough.

I just had a thought about the Spee and Warships.Today. The data there do not differentiate by ranked brackets, so while the Spee might perform well at low ranks against cruisers who can't evade/hide well and battleships that can't aim well, its abilities do not scale well as the quality of the opposition improves.

No idea how to test the theory, but it seems at least plausible to me.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    WG doesnt like torpedoes, because they arent random enough.
    Like they like meat.

So I was trying out the 128s on the Gaede in ranked today, as I realized that the advantage the 150s give me, doesn't usually help in ranked (not enough cruisers around in most cases). The match was fairly derpy, as not only did it take me a while to get used to the 128's ballistics, but also because the match started with a close-range 3 on 1 between a Leander, my Gaede and a Fubuki against an enemy Leander, which only I survived despite no involvement of outside forces whatsoever (omg, those people...). In the end, it came down to a one on one between a well-played Fuso and a derpy-played Graf Spee:

Close call, eh? What do you think who won?

Spoiler:

Hooray for capping B a split second before they capped A. Closest match I ever had, literally.
    Last edited by Madner Kami; July 13 2017 at 12:56:34 PM.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

Also, Arizona needs nerfing. That many guns with that accuracy is just cancer for any chance of cruiser gameplay. It's the whole T8-10 problem on lower tiers all over again.

"If you get shot up by an A6M Reisen and your plane splits into pieces - does that mean it's divided by Zero?" - xoxSAUERKRAUTxox

"A ship in port is safe; but that is not what ships are built for. Sail out to sea and do new things." - Rear Admiral Grace Hopper

German DDs are way too susceptible to battleship AP. This really begins to get on my teets.

grind 35k base xp for 5 premium camos and a cosmetic doodad

Quote Originally Posted by Madner Kami View Post
    German DDs are way too susceptible to battleship AP. This really begins to get on my teets.
    rejoice, for this is a feature, not a bug, notice please how the arming distance is set specifically to penalize a handful of large-destroyer type ships, most of whom are Zestorer 1936 derivatives, aka the german line
    Last edited by Liare; July 15 2017 at 04:50:30 PM.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

Bought HMS Gallant, looking forward to a few runs later tonight, see if it's as good a stealth torper as my Kami-R.
    "Nothing left to do, but smile, smile, smile......" Robert Hunter, "He's Gone"

First time playing in like a month and the player base has gotten worse, pure fucking cancer.

You can use HMS Gallant in the Dunkirk Operation

You can use HMS Gallant in the Dunkirk Operation
    You can also pretty much carry that operation with the Anthony, which is almost comically better than the Frenchie.

The AA range mod makes life quite a bit easier.

Played 5 games of the Dunkirk operation solo during EU prime time. I'm beginning to lose faith in humanity. How the fuck can these monkeys even press 'Battle'. Every game I have 3 team mates down virtually before the last transport leaves for the UK. People running off solo to the UK, people trying to solo 9 squads of bombers, by leaving the main force, people ego-smoking their own ship unleashing a single puff, while the convoy gets steamrolled. I think that I have seen all that I can take. Bye bye operations, you steaming pile of shit.

@Miriam, if you can solo carry in that, please toon me some time. I keep getting top 1-2 spots, while literally shooting down 3-4 x the planes which each of the bottom 4-5 guys in my team do.
    Last edited by TheHenni; July 21 2017 at 09:49:22 PM.
    WoT: Birkovic

Nerf rock. Paper is working as intended.
    - Scissor

Quote Originally Posted by TheHenni View Post
    Played 5 games of the Dunkirk operation solo during EU prime time. I'm beginning to lose faith in humanity. How the fuck can these monkeys even press 'Battle'. Every game I have 3 team mates down virtually before the last transport leaves for the UK. People running off solo to the UK, people trying to solo 9 squads of bombers, by leaving the main force, people ego-smoking their own ship unleashing a single puff, while the convoy gets steamrolled. I think that I have seen all that I can take. Bye bye operations, you steaming pile of shit.

@Miriam, if you can solo carry in that, please toon me some time. I keep getting top 1-2 spots, while literally shooting down 3-4 x the planes which each of the bottom 4-5 guys in my team do.
    Ok, by "carry" I meant "finishing the mission, not failing it" - the time I ended up basically alone (just one other survivor past the channel, and he didn't do anything), I just had 2 stars.

Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Rumours have it that Wargaming is testing out new smoke mechanics on the supertester server. If the changes goes through smoke will dissepate not with time but depending on what caliber weapon you shoot in the smoke and how many times. A full Yamato salvo in a gearing smoke will make it disappear almost instantly in one salvo, while the minotaur on sustained fire will only get 30 seconds of smoke ...

Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Rumours have it that Wargaming is testing out new smoke mechanics on the supertester server. If the changes goes through smoke will dissepate not with time but depending on what caliber weapon you shoot in the smoke and how many times. A full Yamato salvo in a gearing smoke will make it disappear almost instantly in one salvo, while the minotaur on sustained fire will only get 30 seconds of smoke ...
    They've already removed it from the test.

Super Moderator Global Moderator QuackBot's Avatar
    So I was trying out the 128s on the Gaede in ranked today, as I realized that the advantage the 150s give me, doesn't usually help in ranked (not enough cruisers around in most cases). The match was fairly derpy, as not only did it take me a while to get used to the 128's ballistics, but also because the match started with a close-range 3 on 1 between a Leander, my Gaede and a Fubuki against an enemy Leander, which only I survived despite no involvement of outside forces whatsoever (omg, those people...). In the end, it came down to a one on one between a well-played Fuso and a derpy-played Graf Spee:

Close call, eh? What do you think who won?

Spoiler:

Hooray for capping B a split second before they capped A. Closest match I ever had, literally.
    Just did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Aranial View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    They've already removed it from the test.

Good. They can always lower the smoke-duration on the two-puff cruisers to deal better with smoke-sniping, but that change was just vile.