hate these ads?, log in or register to hide them
Page 251 of 254 FirstFirst ... 151201241248249250251252253254 LastLast
Results 5,001 to 5,020 of 5061

Thread: World of Warships

  1. #5001
    Tordin Varglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,163
    Grosser Kurfurst acquired, immediately a better experience than the FDG ever was.

    So I've now got all T10 BBs, and not a single other ship type over tier 6 that isn't a premium

    Probably about time I start playing something different.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

  2. #5002
    Dregek's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Wirral
    Posts
    837
    brit cruiser line is p. good and with the british BB line due this year, be good to grind a few captains for them

  3. #5003
    Liare's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    10,128
    expecting the brit Battleships to be shit and filled with ahistorical doodles, just sayin.
    Viking, n.:
    1. Daring Scandinavian seafarers, explorers, adventurers, entrepreneurs world-famous for their aggressive, nautical import business, highly leveraged takeovers and blue eyes.
    2. Bloodthirsty sea pirates who ravaged northern Europe beginning in the 9th century.

    Hagar's note: The first definition is much preferred; the second is used only by malcontents, the envious, and disgruntled owners of waterfront property.

  4. #5004
    Hoggbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16, 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    French cruisers are amazing, by far the most fun i've had in any cruiser line grind.
    go away

  5. #5005
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    French cruisers are amazing, by far the most fun i've had in any cruiser line grind.
    Can back that up. Although personally I enjoyed the brit cruiser tree aswell. But Frenchies are the most fun for me too

  6. #5006
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    French cruisers are amazing, by far the most fun i've had in any cruiser line grind.
    Can back that up. Although personally I enjoyed the brit cruiser tree aswell. But Frenchies are the most fun for me too
    Eh, I think they are fine overall but they don't suit my playstyle very well.

    I like to be quite aggressive and get close range citadels and torps in, but french cruisers are so squishy that if you try to do that you instadie

  7. #5007
    Hoggbert's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 16, 2013
    Posts
    2,012
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    French cruisers are amazing, by far the most fun i've had in any cruiser line grind.
    Can back that up. Although personally I enjoyed the brit cruiser tree aswell. But Frenchies are the most fun for me too
    Eh, I think they are fine overall but they don't suit my playstyle very well.

    I like to be quite aggressive and get close range citadels and torps in, but french cruisers are so squishy that if you try to do that you instadie
    They are less squishy than russian, japanese and Uk cruisers (granted not the smoke to hide in), but sure they don't thrive in brawling ranges.
    go away

  8. #5008
    Movember '11 Best Facial Hair, Best 'Tache Movember 2011Movember 2012Donor helgur's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 24, 2011
    Location
    Putting owls in your Moss
    Posts
    7,649
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaftoes View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by helgur View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoggbert View Post
    French cruisers are amazing, by far the most fun i've had in any cruiser line grind.
    Can back that up. Although personally I enjoyed the brit cruiser tree aswell. But Frenchies are the most fun for me too
    Eh, I think they are fine overall but they don't suit my playstyle very well.

    I like to be quite aggressive and get close range citadels and torps in, but french cruisers are so squishy that if you try to do that you instadie
    That's what appealed to me in British cruisers (push in, conceal) too, but the French is a welcome change of pace as they are specifically very strong against BB's late tier. And annoying the shit out of BBabbies is always quite fun

  9. #5009

    Join Date
    June 23, 2011
    Posts
    162
    Got to try the Bismarck out in the test server, with captain heavily specced for secondary guns. So.much.fun brawling with that ship! It's basically like a souped-up cruiser that can swat anything within 10K range (dat rain of fire omg). Main gun dispersion lol though!
    Last edited by Mythrantar; May 4 2017 at 01:10:39 PM.

  10. #5010
    Tordin Varglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,163
    Bismarck is probably the high-point of the German BB line. I'm liking the GK so far, but there is simply no way around the fact that in tier 10 mm, ships in general just deal way better with the secondaries than the lower tier ships that the Bismarck deals with. Then again, the trade off being that you get a lot more durability and a vastly superior main armement that can actually deal consistently good damage.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

  11. #5011

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,551
    As I was curious about the fire chance of the Mogami's 155mm vs 203mm setup, depending on DE & IFHE I unleashed my autism to put it into hard numbers.

    Taking all combination of captain skills and gun sizes I calculated the chance for getting at least 1 fire based on the number of shells that hit (left column).
    Of course your accuracy determines how many shells hit, sadly I couldn't find separate data for each gun caliber so I took my personal average, 30%.
    To adjust the fire chance by accuracy I multiplied the odds of hitting with a number of shells (either per minute or per salvo) and multiplied it by the fire chance for hitting with so many shells and end up with a corrected fire chance (right column). To determine the accuracy spread I assumed to by a Poisson distribution with an average of 30% of the shells (per volley or minute).
    To guage the total effectiveness I took the areas under the curve to see which one gives the best odds of starting a fire, which are listed in the table below.




    What you see is basically what people already guessed. 203's give the best odds of a fire in a single salvo, but if you can keep firing the RoF will pull the odds in favour of the 155mm's.
    Adding IFHE to 155mm's really hurts their fire chances though, and this is only partially mitigated by adding DE as well, so 203's are definently king of putting things on fire in a single volley, especially as you really shouldn't use IFHE on them. Though again, over time the 155mm's will still win out in the odds to start a fire.

    tl;dr
    So the only real question is do you often get the chance to sit there spamming shells at someone?
    If yes ->155mm + IFHE & DE, else 203mm +DE.


    /autism

  12. #5012

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    As I was curious about the fire chance of the Mogami's 155mm vs 203mm setup, depending on DE & IFHE I unleashed my autism to put it into hard numbers.

    Taking all combination of captain skills and gun sizes I calculated the chance for getting at least 1 fire based on the number of shells that hit (left column).
    Of course your accuracy determines how many shells hit, sadly I couldn't find separate data for each gun caliber so I took my personal average, 30%.
    To adjust the fire chance by accuracy I multiplied the odds of hitting with a number of shells (either per minute or per salvo) and multiplied it by the fire chance for hitting with so many shells and end up with a corrected fire chance (right column). To determine the accuracy spread I assumed to by a Poisson distribution with an average of 30% of the shells (per volley or minute).
    To guage the total effectiveness I took the areas under the curve to see which one gives the best odds of starting a fire, which are listed in the table below.




    What you see is basically what people already guessed. 203's give the best odds of a fire in a single salvo, but if you can keep firing the RoF will pull the odds in favour of the 155mm's.
    Adding IFHE to 155mm's really hurts their fire chances though, and this is only partially mitigated by adding DE as well, so 203's are definently king of putting things on fire in a single volley, especially as you really shouldn't use IFHE on them. Though again, over time the 155mm's will still win out in the odds to start a fire.

    tl;dr
    So the only real question is do you often get the chance to sit there spamming shells at someone?
    If yes ->155mm + IFHE & DE, else 203mm +DE.


    /autism
    I assume this doesn't take into account tier modifiers to fire chance?

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

  13. #5013

    Join Date
    April 13, 2011
    Posts
    3,551
    It does not, so it these numbers are target independent.

  14. #5014

    Join Date
    November 4, 2012
    Posts
    288
    Quote Originally Posted by Torashuu View Post
    It does not, so it these numbers are target independent.
    Awesome, thanks. Nice analysis BTW

    Sent from my SM-N915FY using Tapatalk

  15. #5015
    Tordin Varglund's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    4,163
    Not a massive sample size or anything, but I really like the Großer Kurfürst. Really does feel like the most well rounded T10 BB so far, with reliable damage and extremely reliable armor.

    Last edited by Tordin Varglund; May 13 2017 at 01:41:07 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by LeonM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by W0lf Crendraven View Post
    Im serious.
    That's the sad part.

  16. #5016
    Sp4m's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 5, 2013
    Posts
    5,664
    Quickly, get out of the room before Yamato sees you.

    He said you said something about some floating city being a better more rounded battleship, then he loaded AP and started taking Sake shots at Atlanta speeds.

    Now I think hes gunna knock you out. bow on.

  17. #5017
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,424
    Have eagerly been waiting to buy the hood and use it for the Bismark campaign that is coming this week.

    Sadly Wargaming are cunts and are only releasing the ship after the campaign is over, unless you buy it in a stupidly overpriced bundle with a ton of shit you don't need.

    n1

  18. #5018
    Dahak's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Chelyabinsk-40
    Posts
    5,278
    I'm guessing this is EU.

  19. #5019
    Shaftoes's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    Ships
    Posts
    1,424
    Quote Originally Posted by Dahak View Post
    I'm guessing this is EU.
    Its confirmed for EU and Asia

    I would not be shocked if they did it for NA either

  20. #5020
    Darkening's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 9, 2011
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,990
    Just got a SC that had a dunk and a 10 point captain in it.

Bookmarks

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •